Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New pet mechanic for homes

AuthorMessage
Delver
Mar 10, 2015
personally I believe training pets is a pain, so why can we not place our pets into a pet camp to say. This camp,would provide our pet Xp depending on the pets level per day in camp. While you leave as example you leave pet in camp and he will gain Xp while your gone. This however can not cap your pets Xp. The camp can only bring your pet to 75% of a rank.

Standard camp: this s for gold: 10K per hour in camp. This provides 20, 50, 100 per hour (20 baby- ancient 50: ancient to mega, 100: mega- ultra)

Camp whisker: Requires hour tokens dropped from silver and gold keys bosses. This provide 50, 90. 150 per hour (50 baby-ancient, 90 ancient - mega, 150 mega- ultra)

Camp crownonio: Requires 100 crowns per hour: 200, 500, 800. (200 baby to ancient, 500 ancient - mega, 800 mega- ultra).

This idea would be either a house item that can be won or added to the pet pavilion.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
sorry, but this sounds like Another Idea to Get Stuff Without any Effort.

Delver
Mar 10, 2015
You clearly did not read my idea. People don't comment if you don't read it properly. As I said the mechanic only gets pet to 75% of Xp. This mean you still need to do a lot of work. At 2000 75% leaves 500 xp, most players don't have mega snacks. This means getting pet to good stats with bad snacks when levels cost 10 energy per run is hard. Take my word for it as I used to be a kid and would break stuff after levelling a pet with normal snacks to mega then having it fail. Believe me this feature helps a lot of people and is not a lazy trick.

Delver
Dec 18, 2011
I like this idea as its similar to pirates pet system where you can set your pet to leveling itself up a curtain amount. And i agree with your stop at 75% rule, that balances it out a bit.

But i dont like how expensive it is. the 10k gold for an hour is good but the other two are far too expensive i mean 100 crowns for 1 hour thats 2400 every day and if you want to have the other one, you have to farm for hours on end to get skeleton keys and then farm again for a chance at getting these hour tokens. NO, STOP. I get farming is an important part of this game and any MMO but thats too much. Level 60 players have to farm Waterworks, Zig Zag or reagents for Wintertusk gear which takes forever and level 100 players have to farm for either Malistaire gear or Exalted Duel gear which can take a long time. Of course both of these are optional but unless you want the game to be really hard you will need at least some of this gear. To add more farming on top of this as well as if players want to craft spells and other stuff it would be too much.

I think you should change the cost to this:

Novice Pet Camp: 10k gold per hour which provides 20,50,100 per hour (20 baby-ancient, 50 ancient-mega, 100 mega-ultra): Can be bought from Sir Nigel Higgenbottom for 500 arena tickets or 30k gold

Legendary Pet Camp: 100k gold for one day which provides 50,100,150 per hour (50 baby-ancient, 90 ancient-mega, 150 mega-ultra): Can be bought from Sir Nigel Higgenbottom for 1000 arena tickets or 70k gold

Exalted Pet Camp: 200k gold for one day which provides 100,200,300 per hour (100 baby-ancient, 200 ancient-mega, 300 mega-ultra): Can be bought from Sir Nigel Higgenbottom for 1500 arena tickets or 120k gold

Bribers Pet Camp: 100 for one day which provides 200,400,600 per hour (200 baby-ancient, 400 ancient-mega, 600 mega-ultra): Can be bought from the Crown Shop for 20k crowns or crafted the recipe is bought from Ignus Ferric (Its called the bribers because its easier to buy it)

Delver
Dec 18, 2011
Ran out of room .

Ok so recipe would be 20 fancy yogurt (from plants and duels), 1 Exalted Pet Camp, 1 Legendary Pet Camp, 1 Novice Pet Camp, 10 Amber, 50 Diamonds, 20 fossils, 10 piggle doodlefish (new fish only found in pet pavileon they would have to add a pond)

Told you it was easier to buy sorry about that.

Delver
Mar 10, 2015
Good call Ryan now that you say it I agree with you. That does sound better to do and it's not as exsesive as I proposed.