Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Monstrology stuck at 0/250 level 9?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jan 30, 2015
Hello!
I've gotten to Level 9, but I appear to have stopped accumulating experience. Is this part of the game? Or a bug? I'm still accumulating animus.
Thanks,
Marcus Ghostsong
120 Myth

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Once you monstrology level is like 5 or so levels above the creatures you are fighting you do not seem to get any more xp from them, so you have to move on to higher level creatures. Try moving up the worlds, trying to fill up your tome is a great way to get xp, though a tad frustrating because you can not find all the creatures presently.

Delver
Jan 30, 2015
Jasmine3429 on Apr 18, 2017 wrote:
Once you monstrology level is like 5 or so levels above the creatures you are fighting you do not seem to get any more xp from them, so you have to move on to higher level creatures. Try moving up the worlds, trying to fill up your tome is a great way to get xp, though a tad frustrating because you can not find all the creatures presently.
OK, I wondered if it was something like that...guess I'm stuck farming Nightshade for "free" experience-point-wise so I can craft the tome.

Thanks for your response, Jasmine!

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
I found a great list of animus monsters on the Stars of the Spiral site that seems pretty thorough so far; maybe check that list? it was very helpful for me.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Duelist also has a pretty good list published.

Do not forget that housing gauntlets may have creatures and they do not have their own tab, so they are jumbled in with the worlds.

Example,
rattlebones master and exalted dungeons are under wizard city tab
tangelwood terror is under wizard city tab
baddle of the bands is under DS tab
midnight sun pagoda is under Khyrsalis tab (yeah figure that out)!
Winterbane is under GH tab
Grand Tourney Arena is under Avalon tab

It would all be simpler if housing gauntlets had their own tab imo.

I also think some quest only creatures are still being included, like in marleybone, I think they exluded bosses but not their minions that show no where else.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
Jasmine3429 on Apr 18, 2017 wrote:
Duelist also has a pretty good list published.

Do not forget that housing gauntlets may have creatures and they do not have their own tab, so they are jumbled in with the worlds.

Example,
rattlebones master and exalted dungeons are under wizard city tab
tangelwood terror is under wizard city tab
baddle of the bands is under DS tab
midnight sun pagoda is under Khyrsalis tab (yeah figure that out)!
Winterbane is under GH tab
Grand Tourney Arena is under Avalon tab

It would all be simpler if housing gauntlets had their own tab imo.

I also think some quest only creatures are still being included, like in marleybone, I think they exluded bosses but not their minions that show no where else.
thanks for the helpful info on the house gauntlets, had no idea where they were listed