Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How to convince more people to buy packs

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 25, 2012
Okay look, I buy packs all the time, it's like the main reason buy crowns because I always have memberships. There's all kinds of awesome gear and pets, but what about all the f2p kids who will probably never see Krokotopia because they're not allowed to use money on the game? Here's what I propose. Every time a new pack is released, why not give out a code that gives the user one pack for free? This way, players will get a taste of the awesome things they can get. This way, someone will say "Awesome! I got professor Balestrom's hat! Now I need a little money so I can try and get his suit!"

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
supersaiyanunlimit... on Apr 13, 2017 wrote:
Okay look, I buy packs all the time, it's like the main reason buy crowns because I always have memberships. There's all kinds of awesome gear and pets, but what about all the f2p kids who will probably never see Krokotopia because they're not allowed to use money on the game? Here's what I propose. Every time a new pack is released, why not give out a code that gives the user one pack for free? This way, players will get a taste of the awesome things they can get. This way, someone will say "Awesome! I got professor Balestrom's hat! Now I need a little money so I can try and get his suit!"
Neat idea. I think the F2P players would like this. It might also work as a lead for new wizards in the Spiral.

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander
Nathan GreenEyes 117 Hot in more ways than one (lol)
(Currently questing through Mirage)
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Ryan HexPyre 104 Always Dying
Genevieve HexPyre 77+ PvP Warlord
(Currently questing through Avalon)

Defender
May 23, 2009
@ WildWeaver

Hmm, maybe Day 1 of Daily Assignments can be a free pack. The assignment can be completed in the commons or another f2p area. Also, the newest pack can be a random reward during the days you get a chest prize. When someone begs for packs or asks to gift them, instead of being rude or just ignoring/removing them, encourage them to buy crowns to support the game.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
So another freebie for people who didn't buy a membership while those who did buy a membership get nothing?

Defender
May 23, 2009
SparkleTude on Apr 30, 2017 wrote:
So another freebie for people who didn't buy a membership while those who did buy a membership get nothing?
Lol, it's a suggestion. Sometimes a freebie is a hook to get me playing. Try again.

Explorer
Sep 25, 2012
SparkleTude on Apr 30, 2017 wrote:
Maybe a member gets two.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
TPG Miserie on Apr 30, 2017 wrote:
Lol, it's a suggestion. Sometimes a freebie is a hook to get me playing. Try again.
I'm not "trying" anything. It's a valid point.

The game is already free to play. You can already get free gear and things from playing the free to play game.

A lot of topics boil down to "I want what other people pay for but I don't wanna pay for it."

Shouldn't expect the ones who pay while others are given the same thing for free, to be happy about it.

WildWeaver: Touche'

Defender
May 23, 2009
SparkleTude on May 2, 2017 wrote:
I'm not "trying" anything. It's a valid point.

The game is already free to play. You can already get free gear and things from playing the free to play game.

A lot of topics boil down to "I want what other people pay for but I don't wanna pay for it."

Shouldn't expect the ones who pay while others are given the same thing for free, to be happy about it.

WildWeaver: Touche'
Not really. You have to pay to experience the entire game. "Hey, I just got rewarded with a free pack for the playing the game." That's an encouragement. Just for the record, I purchase memberships and am a crowns player. Most of the stuff in my wizards' banks are filled with mounts, wands, pets, housing items from the crown shop that I purchased. My shared bank is always full with gear bundles purchased from the crown shop. I realize not everyone have this luxury which is why freebies are an encouragement. By putting a free pack in the daily assignments, paying players can also get the freebie. Ain't just limited to free players.