Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What happened KI?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 17, 2010
Fire is the second strongest school, right? Or at least it is suppose to be. I can speak for many Pyromancers when I say that Fire has been getting the short end of the stick recently.
First example is the Darkmoor card, Fire From Above, which has a worse ability compared to the Ice or Life spells. But the major problem isn't the ability, it's the damage. Just take a look at Sun Serpent, it's pretty much has a stronger hit to a single target with the 900-1000+300 vs FFA with 1100-1300. Shadow pips aren't that common, so why wait for one when you could do the same damage with a normal card. And with these new shadow cards, the damage increase should be substantial compared to the original cards, you can tell but looking at all the other shadow enhanced spells. Don't get me wrong, I still use FFA, but there's just seems like something's just missing there that can make the spell on par with the other Darkmoor spells.
Then there's Raging Bull. The ability isn't the best either, like FFA, but like it, that's not the problem. Although there was a buff, it still feels underpowered compared to something like Glowbug Squall. Although Glowbug is a storm card, and is meant to have the highest damage, Fire should still be a decently close second. Just compare their cards, for example Triton vs Helephant, both 6 pips, the minimum damage difference is less than 200. Then look at this damage difference, 1120 damage for Bugs vs 775-900 for Bull. Also, keep in mind that Raging Bull costs an extra pip. This card is just lacking in pure damage.
This isn't the first time a Pyromancer came out to talk about this. Many wizards say that Fire is a very strong school. Fire can still kill, but I find it disappointing when I see a Death use a Khrulhu and do more damage than my Raging Bull for one less pip, and heals himself completely. Keep in mind, I'm not a low stat Fire, I have a 105 damage with 95% critical. The only solution I think can be plausible is just increasing damage range for FFA and removing the range for Raging Bull, and have it be it's maximum in the range, 900 damage.

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
I would have to disagree with everything you said. In the 3rd arc, Fire is now the strongest school damage-wise. In PVP, Fire is also one of the strongest schools, and FFA helps immensely.

Keep in mind that Darkmoor marked the end of the second arc, where Storm was still stronger than Fire. In the Summer update in 2015, KI first started the transition into the 3rd arc with their One-Shot Exalted gear.

I do agree that the fuel and smoke screen aren't that useful in PVE. They were somewhat useful in prenerf Mirage though, but not anymore.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2010
You can't tell me fire is high damage-wise when Mystic Colossus does more than Raging Bull on average. Keep in mind Raging Bull is a tier 6 spell, not tier 5, and the Mystic Colossus ability is a tier 3 compared to Raging Bull's "tier 1" (weakened smoke-screen). Fire should be doing loads more damage than a Myth. The Darkmoor spells are fine where they are, FFA is still good, but these lvl 108 Polaris spells are just absolute trash. Just look at Wings of Fate, at you can see what I mean. KI either needs to buff the Polaris spells or nerf all the Darkmoor spells because these shadow spells are just so inconsistent on their end. Why should Darkmoor spells be miles better than the Polaris spells, especially when the Polaris spells are a tier higher and you receive these spells at a higher level.

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
I think BrahmShadow was referring to the amount of damage that fire gets on it's school gear. Consistently the fire gear recently has been given more damage than the storm gear has.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2010
Sure, maybe at lower levels, like way lower. But what I consider the main "gear checkpoints:" Waterworks, Tartarus, Castle Darkmoor, etc. have way more damage. Consistently, Storm actually always has more damage, 17% extra damage for Darkmoor gear, so I don't see your point.

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
vin3780 on Apr 20, 2017 wrote:
Sure, maybe at lower levels, like way lower. But what I consider the main "gear checkpoints:" Waterworks, Tartarus, Castle Darkmoor, etc. have way more damage. Consistently, Storm actually always has more damage, 17% extra damage for Darkmoor gear, so I don't see your point.
I said gear recently i.e. gear after Darkmoor. If you check pack gear, such as Immortal's Lore pack, the wands give more damage to fire than storm (10 damage for fire versus 8 for storm), the new rings from the mimic key boss give more damage to fire (11 fire/10 storm), the boots from the Sands of Time favour fire over storm for damage (31 fire/28 storm) and I am sure there are other examples. Fire is now capable of greatly outstripping Storm in terms of damage at max level.

Moira Stormheart

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
well fire is for dot and disable the person to act so fire from above hit and trap is great for fire dot and raging bull is great for its potential to make the person fizzle so it can disable the enemy from using a spell. so your problem in damage is that you use single damage not dot to damage the enemy again and again and pile dot to hurt them more in doing so. the fire spells you mentioned helps in conjuction with dot and other disable spells fire has so use it well. that's what fire is all about