Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I tried to help my friend

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 30, 2014
He needed help in a dungeon and help with beating enemies but the tp said he was busy.
So, I tried getting on team up/sigil. Well that was an idea of a knucklehead.
KI, please make dungeons accessible by tp when you haven't unlocked the world.
Since I'm like a battle aid (healing and shields even doe I fire) I think he might've died.

~ Alexis

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
ThisGirlIsOnFIRE00... on Mar 31, 2017 wrote:
He needed help in a dungeon and help with beating enemies but the tp said he was busy.
So, I tried getting on team up/sigil. Well that was an idea of a knucklehead.
KI, please make dungeons accessible by tp when you haven't unlocked the world.
Since I'm like a battle aid (healing and shields even doe I fire) I think he might've died.

~ Alexis
Spell quests are the only dungeons that prevent porting ( as far as I know ) if he was in one of these, you wouldn't be able to port.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
There are some battles you can port in to help and then again, there are many that you cannot port into because you have not earned the right to access it.

That's the purpose of questing and leveling .... earning the right to access the worlds you have entered. It's not right to have lowbies or others have access to any world or sigil without working for it.

I can understand the frustration, though. My Life wizard ports to wherever he can to help my higher-up wizards when they are in a sticky situation. However, he frequently gets the "this wizard is busy" signal, so I just park him outside until I'm done with my main wizard.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
The Original Poster's frustration is completely understanable.

Yes, solo dungeons can only be entered by single players, while other dungeons may only be entered via the sigil at the front of the dungeon.

What doesn't change is a person wanting to be able to help their family or friends without any constraints, limitations or excuses.

One simple fix is have teleporting wizards see one of two pop-up messages shown below:

"You cannot teleport into this solo only dungeon."

or

"This dungeon can only be entered at the sigil; tell your friend to exit so you may enter together."

While this won't eliminate 100% of every player's frustration; it will instantly communicate why they can't teleport to their friend, so they adjust how they act and respond accordingly.