Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can We Put The Pets Back In The Bazaar?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 17, 2013
Hi Kingsisle and Wizards,
I was thinking that we should put back the pets in the bazaar because maybe a wizard wants a pet that another wizard wants and they can't hatch because it costs too much so they go to the bazaar and then the person who doesn't need the pet sell it and the wizard that needs it can get it.
So at least consider putting them back into the bazaar because it would probably help the wizards that have too much stuff that is no trade to sell some things that are trade able.
Thanks again for listening,
Dakota Jadethief
Level 64

Explorer
Apr 10, 2013
dakota jadethief on Mar 26, 2017 wrote:
Hi Kingsisle and Wizards,
I was thinking that we should put back the pets in the bazaar because maybe a wizard wants a pet that another wizard wants and they can't hatch because it costs too much so they go to the bazaar and then the person who doesn't need the pet sell it and the wizard that needs it can get it.
So at least consider putting them back into the bazaar because it would probably help the wizards that have too much stuff that is no trade to sell some things that are trade able.
Thanks again for listening,
Dakota Jadethief
Level 64
This seems interesting but I think I understand some reasons why it doesn't exist anymore. Here are the three I could think of, off the top of my head.

1. The problem with trying to get someone else's pet from the bazaar, is it isn't necessarily gonna work. Someone could easily get it before you, or it might not show up for you at all which would be unfortunate for both players.

2. I know hatches may feel a bit expensive, but it's like that for everyone. Trust me, when your wizard gets to a higher level and gear becomes worth more, it's really not that much. Plus, I believe its expensive as a result of Kingsisle promoting players to advance through the game and grow more levels, which would make it easier to hatch of course.

3. I don't know if I speak on the behalf of others but this feels a little cheap to me. Like imagine someone just farming the bazaar waiting for a decent pet to show up and plain out buying it. Feels like this would take away from the time and effort it takes to get the perfect pet.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
you can always sell 'no auction' items at the individual shops in the shopping district (gear, pets, housing etc.) or in the pavilion.

sorry but I agree with Stormwiz. takes time to make good pets or farm for the dropped rare ones. Otherwise, nothing would be 'rare' anymore; what fun would that be? sounds lazy to me, sorry.

Explorer
Mar 14, 2011
This sounds like a good idea to me. Some pets, like the rarer ones, could be no auction. This would be something I would love to see in Wizard101.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
I loved it when they had pets in the bazaar. I remember refreshing the page like crazy to try and get a pet that looked nice and had an item card. Definitely one of my favorite w101 memories.

The problem with having pets in the bazaar today is that they have stats tied to them. Selling pets at the bazaar ended once the advanced pet system released since people only bought or farmed for pets for appearance and the item card. Nowadays, stats are prioritized. New pets that are dropped and the ones that used to be sold in the bazaar have horrible stats once the new system rolled out and added stats to each pet. If KI adds back the bazaar pet system, there would probably be common pets with bad first generation stats so that people can't get a great pet just from buying one with gold. It would be good for new players to try and get a nifty item card and for nostalgia's sake.

It does seem like a good idea to have some sort of system where you can "auction" pets, but what may be wise is wiping the stats clean (ie. reverting the pet back to a baby), so the talents that manifested when the pet was with its previous owner would remain in its talent pool. You just have to train the pet to get the talents back again. The only problem is that you don't know what you're going to get.

There could be a system of pet trading like there is treasure card trading, which could work better. One major concern about pet transfers is that people would ask for a large sum of crowns, which most people would not be willing to pay. People can also get scammed very easily. Less people would be spending money to buy crowns on pet supplies if other people can just do the pet breeding for them, so KI probably won't be interested.

CH

Explorer
Mar 14, 2011
I have too many pets, and not enough gold, so this would be great for me! Yay! I also want more cute pets.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
Pets can be sold at prospector Zeke but you don't get much for them and you can not buy them. I miss them in the bazaar from the moment they took them out. I can see no auction for good pets but some lower level wizards just want something decent to start out with by the time they could win one from some bosses they don't need the lower level ones that much anymore. Some wizards like myself like to collect pets. I used to go to the bazaar to try and save some time fighting a boss to get one I just liked the looks of. Sometimes I got lucky. Sometimes I had to give in and fight a boss for hours or days to get it. Now it would just really help out some newer wizards I really wish they would do it, it was fun.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
The only pets that would possibly be available in the Bazaar are the same pets you can purchase from other vendors.

School pets as an example would not be available nor would pets that are awarded through gift cards. Hybrid pets would not be available either.