Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Skyvern pack leaving

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 22, 2016
this is a sad time. this was one of the best packs for getting good "general" gear for those of us who dont have the patience or time to waste to farm places like water works. ive spent probably over 500 dollars on this pack trying to get the turquoise gear every time the main wizards on my two first accounts gained 10 levels. both have most of the set for each ten levels all he way from level 30 to level 100. they became hand me downs for other wizards on those accounts.

now ive started 2 new accounts and was planning on doing the same and i now find out i cannot. very sad. is there a reason this particular pack is being removed over several older packs. i understand the ones with spells in them were passed over but the others?

i also do not understand why content that makes KI money is ever removed, including bundles. but could i get an answer for why the skyvern pack is being removed please.

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
I agree, it's a really good pack.

I think that since it was such a good pack, KI decided to remove it because then people would really want to get gear, and other rare items from that pack, since after the pack left they would be really rare items. More like a last minute profit.

But that's what I think. Otherwise I don't know why.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I would guess a new one is coming out and they have to make some room. If the Crown Shop were too big no one would bother scrolling through all that.

I don't think I new Skyvern was even there!
It's kind of fun to have things rotate. Then you can be the one being asked "wow where did you get THAT?"

They bring things back later in one day sales.

Survivor
Sep 22, 2016
yeah, i dont usually have crowns one those one day sales :p

im just wondering why this pack. there are some packs (without spells) in them that havent been removed. i would just like to know why this one.

im sorry you didnt know about this pack too, its a great pack. the turquoise gear is great (think water works gear, but scaled per level. so level 70, its better. and think level 40, scaled down a bit but still basically water works gear to use in mooshu and dragonspyre)

maybe thats the reason, to get people to farm the dungeons, but for me, that isnt going to work.

Survivor
Sep 22, 2016
well, i guess most players dont know about this pack and gear or dont care. thank you to those who responded. still wish i could get an answer from KI.

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
Iridian Darkshard on Mar 30, 2017 wrote:
well, i guess most players dont know about this pack and gear or dont care. thank you to those who responded. still wish i could get an answer from KI.
I don't have the crowns to use pack gear instead of dropped gear. You can still get level ninety and level eighty Turquoise gear dropped from stone key boss, Ixcax Cursedwing, in the the Black Sun Pyramid although that doesn't solve your problem of not wanting to farm. I agree with a previous responder that it makes sense that KI would remove older packs to keep the Crown shop from getting cluttered. Maybe this means they have a brand new pack on its way to us.

The Skyvern pack is by no means gone forever. It will very likely return for the Pack-a-Palooza next year which usually happens in early spring and it will even be half off!

Moira Stormheart

Survivor
Sep 22, 2016
yeah, i know all of that :) i was just curious why this pack is leaving and not an older one (the ones with spells i understand not leaving but the other older ones without spells? i just want to know why they picked this one instead of one of those older ones)

Survivor
Sep 22, 2016