Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why does everyone hate Celestia?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 21, 2017
I personally love this world. Let me explain:

As most of you know, Celestia is the first world of the Second Arc of the W101 storyline. In my opinion, after the first arc of the storyline, Kingsisle really upped its game in terms of world design. After worlds like Marleybone, MooShu, and Dragonspyre with every street looking nearly the same, I really think Celestia is a breath of fresh air. (I maybe could have phrased that better.) Also I really like the overall theme of the world, and I think it is one of the most beautiful worlds to date, maybe tied with Avalon.

I made this thread to discuss why a lot of people seem to hate Celestia. I get that the collect quests can take a really long time, but that's pretty much the same in Zafaria, and I don't see Zafaria getting much hate. I'm honestly curious as to the reasons why many people dislike Celestia.

Alexander Legendstrider
Boris Starforge
Charles Legendstrider
Wolf Starforge

Defender
Apr 06, 2013
Alexander LegendSt... on Mar 21, 2017 wrote:

As most of you know, Celestia is the first world of the Second Arc of the W101 storyline. In my opinion, after the first arc of the storyline, Kingsisle really upped its game in terms of world design. After worlds like Marleybone, MooShu, and Dragonspyre with every street looking nearly the same, I really think Celestia is a breath of fresh air. (I maybe could have phrased that better.) Also I really like the overall theme of the world, and I think it is one of the most beautiful worlds to date, maybe tied with Avalon.

I made this thread to discuss why a lot of people seem to hate Celestia. I get that the collect quests can take a really long time, but that's pretty much the same in Zafaria, and I don't see Zafaria getting much hate. I'm honestly curious as to the reasons why many people dislike Celestia.

Alexander Legendstrider
Boris Starforge
Charles Legendstrider
Wolf Starforge
Because the world was hard, with tough bosses, etc. :P

Alejandro

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I don't like collection quests. I remember when I first began playing this game I ran across a thread somewhere online that said "the dreaded collection quests." I don't recall which world or quest they were talking about but that phrase stuck with me.

Some weren't too bad but there are times you can play for a couple of hours and still not get anything, it seems like.

The collection quests in Celestia are kind of hard but I ask others if I can join and that helps. I did get trolled recently like that. I asked one group if I could join (because it would've added only one more for them - there were 3 of them - but make things much easier for me), they said no, they were nearly done, and I said fine and moved down and did my own battle. Upon which all 3 flooded the battle circle, one at a time while I protested, and they made sarcastic remarks. It stressed me out too much and I fled. I had asked first - in their case they added three for me to battle, while taunting me while I said what's going on, etc. (If they were done why join my circle when they knew I only needed one more?)

The more time I have to spend on one lane the more likely I am to be trolled there.

On the other hand the more likely I am to find nice people too. I went back there a week later or so on a different wizard and had the opposite experience. So maybe karma or something paid me back in a nice way for the other group's troll attack.

Still it gets repetitive and boring to do the same battle so many times in a row.

But the worst collection quests were at Wysteria in my opinion. Those tree things and fire elves just never seemed to drop things.

At Celestia I just don't care for the look of the place so far. Lot of junk lying about. Sand. Sharks. Machines. Robots. None of which flip the lights on for me, none of which enrapture my imagination. That's just my personal reaction. I hope others love it.

I loved Mooshu. So beautiful and the music was so calming. I loooooved Mooshu.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012

Alexander Legendstrider
Boris Starforge
Charles Legendstrider
Wolf Starforge
I agree that it's a beautiful world, but the storyline ( as the introduction of Morganth ) seems a bit boring. The difficulty was also a big step up from DS. For those that didn't have to wait for the release of Celestia, the difficulty comes as a shock.
However, I don't dislike Celestia and consider it a challenge. My second wizard ( Myth school ) is just beginning there. I went through Celestia more than a year ago on my first wizard and it's almost like a new world to me because I forgot many of the details.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
How can anyone "hate" any part of the spiral?

If you don' have patience to read story lines, enjoy what the programmers do to make it a Fun place for us all, maybe go somewhere else

sorry, no patience for whiners.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I did hate it. Did. Back in 2010 when it first came out. Don't hate it anymore.

What was detestable in Celestia has moved on to being detestable in the higher worlds now. Coming in for the first time, we'd find ourselves slammed with Stormzillas and Phoenix's on the very first round. It was a huge shock compared to Dragonspyre, where the mobs would take a couple of rounds before they started hitting. Also, the Critical was new and something we were trying to get used to.

The defeat and collect quests used to drag on endlessly when Celestia was first released. I remember fighting those Ice shrimp guys in the Grotto for algae and (not exaggerating) ran through about 30 battles to get ten algae. It was sooo aggravating! Usually I'd log in, fight about five times, get one algae, then log out. Repeat and repeat for a couple of weeks. Getting shark teeth was also obnoxious. Come on, sharks are full of teeth! How can I be killing dozens of sharks and not getting any teeth?!

Also, the bosses were cheaters and not easy to get past back when the world was new. Things have toned down a LOT since 2010.

I still don't much like Celestia (all those bad memories) but my loathing for it has softened over the years.

Alia Misthaven

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
I don't think everyone hates Celestia..

I actually enjoyed it a lot, I loved the theme of the world though it was a little hard. But I didn't mind it.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Celestia is an ok world. I don't hate it nor it's one of my favorites . But I do admit it's does get boring at times when fighting the same creatures over and over to the end of the world. The storyline is more of a fixer-upper and you become a handy-man which can be a little boring too. Celestia does have a few good views. It's like walking in the future were technology is advanced: robots, building structure, talking computers and so on; making Celestia unique than all the other worlds

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
The first arc of the game had a wonderful storyline.

The second arc started with Celestia and Morganthe, and frankly, it was a horrible storyline.

To me, Celestia means something celestial. Stars, sky, universe, planets .... not something that takes place in domes and underwater. I had an entire mindset about Celestia and was disappointed when I got there. The whole feel of it is wrong. I think it missed the mark when created, which is why I don't care for it at all.

Survivor
Apr 08, 2012
I love Celestia. I think the incorporation of astral spells is a great idea. I also agree on how it is a great world of the 2nd arc. However, I do think that Celestia may become a little bit of a struggle at times and doesn't really fit it's name like BrynnerOfReign said. I think why people might hate Celestia is because of the boring quests. I also think that since Celestia is an astral world, it shouldn't be an underwater world.

Nicholas SkullBlade

Level 54
Wizard101 Veteran

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
AstralAndShadow on Apr 3, 2017 wrote:
I love Celestia. I think the incorporation of astral spells is a great idea. I also agree on how it is a great world of the 2nd arc. However, I do think that Celestia may become a little bit of a struggle at times and doesn't really fit it's name like BrynnerOfReign said. I think why people might hate Celestia is because of the boring quests. I also think that since Celestia is an astral world, it shouldn't be an underwater world.

Nicholas SkullBlade

Level 54
Wizard101 Veteran
What you must remember about Celestia is that it was once above the waves ( possibly among the stars as you wished for ). It was then dragged under the water by the Storm Titan to protect it's technology from falling into the wrong hands.
If I've made a mistake in the details of this post, I can only say it's been more than a year since I went through this world and my memory is a bit patchy.

Explorer
Jul 16, 2016

Alexander Legendstrider
Boris Starforge
Charles Legendstrider
Wolf Starforge
Because I'm a death wizard

Jonathan DawnHunter

Survivor
Apr 08, 2012
anecorbie on Apr 3, 2017 wrote:
What you must remember about Celestia is that it was once above the waves ( possibly among the stars as you wished for ). It was then dragged under the water by the Storm Titan to protect it's technology from falling into the wrong hands.
If I've made a mistake in the details of this post, I can only say it's been more than a year since I went through this world and my memory is a bit patchy.
Wow, this being my fifth year playing this game, I never knew that. Anyways, I'm not against Celestia. In fact, I love it. I'm up to Crustacean Empire. Anyways, I get what you are saying.

Nicholas SkullBlade

Level 58
Wizard101 Veteran

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
JonathanDawnHunter on Apr 8, 2017 wrote:
Because I'm a death wizard

Jonathan DawnHunter
Really, I went through it on my death wiz and had an easy time of it.

Explorer
Jul 16, 2016
anecorbie on Apr 8, 2017 wrote:
Really, I went through it on my death wiz and had an easy time of it.
How? I need to fight water matons and then other life bosses over and over again

Explorer
Oct 11, 2010
I don't really have that many memories of Celestia. I've played the game for a very long time, and it's no wonder. What I DO remember of it was that I was a bit higher leveled then, being to the game being able to glitch itself into the last Zafaria Dungeon. I haven't reached the end of Azteca yet, and would not like any spoilers. However, I did remember not knowing Morganthe, and felt she was introduced without much backround detail. Of course, Zafaria and Avalon did an okay job of her backstory and plans, however, I still don't know what she's planning.
~

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
JonathanDawnHunter on Apr 9, 2017 wrote:
How? I need to fight water matons and then other life bosses over and over again
How? Mainly using shields, blades and Dr. Von or Scarecrow. ( Oh and using a training point for Giant. )

Survivor
Jul 31, 2013
This was because it was the first world that introduced critical and critical block. This makes it extremely difficult to level up especially the first time doing the world. The storyline also seems a bit dull and I feel like with the worlds I did enjoy like Dragonsypre, Zafaria and Avalon, I knew what was going on all the time and it was anticipating. In my opinion though Celestia didn't really tick the boxes.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
JonathanDawnHunter on Apr 9, 2017 wrote:
One thing I found that helps me in worlds with tons of collection quests is to constantly click the 'any more quests?' panel in the task tab in the backpack.

At least then if there is more than one quest with a certain enemy they might overlap. They might count twice at the same time.

But the collection quests can feel like a grind. The fewer there are the more likely I am to enjoy that world.

Defender
May 23, 2009
I don't hate Celestia. My favorite quest and mobs are located there. The quest "My Dinner With Algae" is so memorable. I love Crustecean Waverunners because they are challenging yet they don't cheat. Super funny when my ice wizard was completing that quest. I couldn't stop laughing.