Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best place to farm gold

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 21, 2010
hello I am trying to farm gold to start my prickly bear cactus farm going, and I need some gold. I know that vestrilund and halfang are a great place to farm, but I didn't complete raventusk and I don't want to go over level 50. So what is the next best place.

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
I don't know of any others apart from Vestrilund.

Maybe ask a friend to farm with you and port to them?

Explorer
Apr 10, 2013
From what I know of probably Halfang's Cave in Vestrilund is the best place to farm for gold, especially if you can find high level wizards who one shot on the first turn. He drops gear valued anywhere from 2,000 gold boots, to an 8,000 gold amulet.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
So you want to raise gold.

Fighting, clicking on wooden chests, collecting and selling reagents, playing mini games, gardening, fishing, and feeding pets items and gear you don't want; are al done to raise gold.

As you level you'll gain access to better areas to farm.

Boss

Olde Town

FoulgazeMost lower level wizards can access Olde Town to fight Foulgaze over and over again.

Vestrilund

Halfang Bristlecrown
Some will say this is the best boss to farm for gold; others may disagree
Khrysalis
Sardonyx
Rozimund the LoneBlade
This fire boss is great to fight because he continues to reappear. Blade up, place traps and feint on Rozimund, and hit with your biggest attack; rinse and repeat. This boss does cast

Wooden Chests and Regents
Some players don't want to fight and don't mind clicking on ‎chests and collecting reagents to s

Mirage

Walking back and forth between the Caravan‎ and Caterwaul Canyons.
-You'll find multiple wooden chests and regents to click on along the way.
- Right before you enter Caterwaul Canyons, simply change realms and run back to the Caravan.

Khrysalis
Shadow Palace
Around the Tree Root are regents and wooden chests to click on. Simply run around and click everything you see, then change realms and do it again and again until you raise all the gold you seek.

There are many other bosses and places in the game you repeatedly access to farm for gold; have fun discovering which bosses and places work best for you to farm for gold.

Defender
Dec 06, 2009
I personally make almost all of my gold from my garden. Selling the treasure cards, reagents and snacks in the bazaar is enough for me to hatch 5-6 pets per week without any effort. My suggestion is to garden something quick and easy and use the proceeds to slowly convert over to the prickly cactus (or whatever you may decide). This will also build up your gardening skill for better spells to deal with issues in your garden.

I made a lot of money on pink dandelions, king parsley and couch potatoes. You can farm couch potatoes in the first part of Grizzleheim with almost no effort. I got my first few plants there and then doubled them twice in the last couple of months with the double garden events.

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
How close are you to completing Ravenscar? I believe The Coven (final battle there) was a gold farming hotspot before Halfang came around. That may be your best bet.

~Vanessa Mythdust

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
Spikedoge on Mar 18, 2017 wrote:
hello I am trying to farm gold to start my prickly bear cactus farm going, and I need some gold. I know that vestrilund and halfang are a great place to farm, but I didn't complete raventusk and I don't want to go over level 50. So what is the next best place.
He doesn't want xp for leveling (I understand, I have a pvp char with same purpose) so doing battles is not the best way to go.

yep, gardening is great for stuff to sell and would be the easiest for gold build.

If you have a high level friend that can take you to Shadow Palace, that is the best for grabbing tons of stuff in a small area. If you make it there, set a marker and keep it current to return there as needed.
Silver chests everywhere also drop higher gold, tc and reagents, so are worth the time to do.

Or go down Memory Lane, run around older worlds and gather what you can to hock.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
grow stinkweed for gold or couch potatoes for gold AND snacks. Selling gardened TCs can really keep you in the money.

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
If you want some other item you can't buy with gold, farm for those instead and sell/feed the extra gear. Two birds with one stone; the downside is that you won't get as much gold as if you farmed primarily for gold.

The Ogre (Caer Lyon, for EMPs) and Fortee Thieves (Thieves' Den, for pierce jewels) are the ones I enjoy.