Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Shadow Magic Team - dust off our early spells?

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jul 09, 2010
I miss playing my Imp, Leprechaun, Seraph, Centaur and Sprite Guardian (first Life Minion)

Hoping the team working on Shadow Magic is thinking of a dusting off of our old spells.

The Arcanum Schools ...or that sealed Shadow School door -- can teach us new versions of our school spells that use both Shadow and regular pips and basically take us back up the ranks at a new level. The spells that already use a Shadow pip would just need two - plus their regular pips.

We wouldn't want to disrupt whatever the spell team already has in our future, these could be supplemental spells useful enough to get played, but really for fun.

All the schools would get this boost, but for example the Life spells would go something like this:

At level 120 Forest Lord is the lowest damage I ever use - so a Shadow magnified Imp would be as powerful as Forest Lord (with the adjustment necessary because of a group hit translating to a single hit.)

Shadow magnified Leprechaun would be equal power to Gnomes! (adjusted for lack of dispells)
Shadow magnified d Nature's Wrath would approximate King Artorius (Life) (adjusted for lack of pierce and heal over time.)
Shadow magnified Seraph would do the total damage of Spinysaur in a single hit (1350 life damage.)
Shadow magnified Centaur would approximate Hungry Caterpillar (adjusted for lack of the absorb.)
Shadow magnified Gnomes! Would approximate Wings of Fate (adjusted for lacking the heal and being a single target spell.)
Shadow magnified King Artorius would approximate Lamassu (adjusted for the inability to choose the target.)

Shadow magnifications of Spinysaur, Hungry Caterpillar, Wings of Fate and Lamassu etc. would correspond to future spells with the same general effect as listed above.

In-between spells like Goat Monk and Sacred Charge would be set to fit other spells with similar damage (i.e. Sacred Charge would also approximate the damage of Hungary Caterpillar since Sacred Charge does similar damage to Centaur and he's linked to the level of Hungary Caterpillar.)

Heals, shields, blades and traps of all kinds would also get the same treatment –giving us a Sprite with the power of a Satyr and a unicorn with the power of Rebirth.

Please think about it - at level 120 Sir Bedivere and Spritely are of little use but they were fun when we could count on them. If you do this, please preserve the current animations or only add an aura or shadow or something.

TY

Ty

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
Helenie Nightseer on Mar 17, 2017 wrote:
I miss playing my Imp, Leprechaun, Seraph, Centaur and Sprite Guardian (first Life Minion)

Hoping the team working on Shadow Magic is thinking of a dusting off of our old spells.

The Arcanum Schools ...or that sealed Shadow School door -- can teach us new versions of our school spells that use both Shadow and regular pips and basically take us back up the ranks at a new level. The spells that already use a Shadow pip would just need two - plus their regular pips.

We wouldn't want to disrupt whatever the spell team already has in our future, these could be supplemental spells useful enough to get played, but really for fun.

All the schools would get this boost, but for example the Life spells would go something like this:

At level 120 Forest Lord is the lowest damage I ever use - so a Shadow magnified Imp would be as powerful as Forest Lord (with the adjustment necessary because of a group hit translating to a single hit.)

Shadow magnified Leprechaun would be equal power to Gnomes! (adjusted for lack of dispells)
Shadow magnified d Nature's Wrath would approximate King Artorius (Life) (adjusted for lack of pierce and heal over time.)
Shadow magnified Seraph would do the total damage of Spinysaur in a single hit (1350 life damage.)
Shadow magnified Centaur would approximate Hungry Caterpillar (adjusted for lack of the absorb.)
Shadow magnified Gnomes! Would approximate Wings of Fate (adjusted for lacking the heal and being a single target spell.)
Shadow magnified King Artorius would approximate Lamassu (adjusted for the inability to choose the target.)

Shadow magnifications of Spinysaur, Hungry Caterpillar, Wings of Fate and Lamassu etc. would correspond to future spells with the same general effect as listed above.

In-between spells like Goat Monk and Sacred Charge would be set to fit other spells with similar damage (i.e. Sacred Charge would also approximate the damage of Hungary Caterpillar since Sacred Charge does similar damage to Centaur and he's linked to the level of Hungary Caterpillar.)

Heals, shields, blades and traps of all kinds would also get the same treatment –giving us a Sprite with the power of a Satyr and a unicorn with the power of Rebirth.

Please think about it - at level 120 Sir Bedivere and Spritely are of little use but they were fun when we could count on them. If you do this, please preserve the current animations or only add an aura or shadow or something.

TY

Ty
I really like these!

I especially like your idea about shadow-enchanting our minions. Woah what a comeback our sprite minions would make!

Look alive enemies of the spiral! We're coming!

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander
Nathan GreenEyes 115+ Hot in more ways than one (lol)
(Currently questing through Mirage)
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Ryan HexPyre 104 Always Dying (And leaving the Spiral)

Delver
Mar 10, 2015
I would imagine they would be shadow spells that would be one pips. Like shadow cat I would learn any day, for shadow builds. I sorry king isle but your shadow polymorphism does not cut it. We need some shadow shadow hits not shadow infused spells. Maybe it already planned I don't know. If I could get some comment maybe from GM? I know it tech a spoiler but it would be cool to hear if you could add to this topic.