Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 98 pets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 03, 2011
Hello, I am now a level 100 life and I still haven't gotten the quest from Moolinda Wu for the level 98 Dryad pet and I was hoping someone could help me figure out why. Thanks!

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
In order to help you, we need to know where you got stalled.

Did you finish Wintertusk to at least the start of Sudriland? You needed to do that in order to get your level 58 school pet, which is the Forest Lord.

Do you have the Gnome pet? You would have earned that at level 78ish in Avalon.

Once you reach level 98 and have completed the quest that got you your Forest Lord pet, you should be summoned to speak to Moolinda. She'll send you to Sir Pike Del Lago in Caliburn, Avalon. He'll give you a quest called "Plant Life" where you have to defeat Death Seraphs in the Wyrd.

If you're missing one of those prior pets, go back and get them. After that, the rest of the quests you need will fall into place.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
If you havent done the lvl 58, 78 pet quest yet you wont be able to do the lvl 98 one

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
After a certain point in the game, you are not summoned to your school for spells/pets. Did you check with your teacher to make sure they didn't have a quest?

Sometimes the pet quests look like other quests. Double check your quest book and see if you see a pink pig icon on one of the quests.

Did you get your previous pets? Did you complete all the side worlds (Grizzleheim, WinterTusk, etc)?

I generally check with my teacher(s) periodically to see if they have anything for me.

Survivor
Jan 03, 2011
BrynnerOfReign on Mar 19, 2017 wrote:
After a certain point in the game, you are not summoned to your school for spells/pets. Did you check with your teacher to make sure they didn't have a quest?

Sometimes the pet quests look like other quests. Double check your quest book and see if you see a pink pig icon on one of the quests.

Did you get your previous pets? Did you complete all the side worlds (Grizzleheim, WinterTusk, etc)?

I generally check with my teacher(s) periodically to see if they have anything for me.
Thanks for the response,

Yes, I have visited MooLinda Wu multiple times after reaching lvl 98 (I did notice where she doesn't inform you for spells/pets where I just became level 108 and wasn't informed for my new spell) I just looked in my quest log and none of them do have a pink pig icon in the rewards section.
I don't remember if I got the previous pets and for the side worlds I do think I completed them far enough, (I'm at "just trolling" in hrundle fjord and "Golden Delicious" for Vestrilund [sorry don't know which is a side quest] and for Avalon if it's required I am at "crush crush crush" [also don't know if it's a side quest])

If you could PLEASE help me with identifying if I am not far enough or what I did wrong that would be much appreciated

Thanks,
Cole Shard

Survivor
Jan 03, 2011
Freshta on Mar 19, 2017 wrote:
In order to help you, we need to know where you got stalled.

Did you finish Wintertusk to at least the start of Sudriland? You needed to do that in order to get your level 58 school pet, which is the Forest Lord.

Do you have the Gnome pet? You would have earned that at level 78ish in Avalon.

Once you reach level 98 and have completed the quest that got you your Forest Lord pet, you should be summoned to speak to Moolinda. She'll send you to Sir Pike Del Lago in Caliburn, Avalon. He'll give you a quest called "Plant Life" where you have to defeat Death Seraphs in the Wyrd.

If you're missing one of those prior pets, go back and get them. After that, the rest of the quests you need will fall into place.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven
Thank you for the response, unfortunately I can't recall the last pet that I got, but I have visited my teacher and there are not quests with pets shown as a reward so that means I must have not gone far enough through grizzleheim, or another world, because I do believe that I don't have the forest lord (through the pet quest from Melinda Wu). I am going to check the wiki page for the pet spell quest names to look in my book to see if I have them. Also if you do know the names of the quests for how far you need to be in the worlds I have "just trolling" and "golden delicious" in my quest category for Grizzleheim (sorry don't know which is the main) and for Avalon I have the quest "crush crush crush". (Also don't know if that is a side quest)

Thank you for taking your time to help me,

Cole Shard

Survivor
Jan 03, 2011
A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Hi, just saw this today.

You need to continue through Grizzleheim/Wintertusk until you reach the area called Sudriland. If you're in Vestriland, then you're close, Sudriland is the next area after Vestriland. Once you complete the quest called Su-Su-Sudriland, you'll be able to earn your Forest Lord pet and you will be back on track.

For your spells, also make sure you did the level 35 spell from Eric Wyrdruin in Grizzleheim by the main shopping district. He had spell quests for you at level 35 & level 58. Do them both, or else your utility spells in Avalon, Azteca and beyond won't be available to you.

Alia Misthaven

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Cole Lifeshard on Mar 28, 2017 wrote:
Hello anyone? Please help
everyone else here has already told you what you need to do, but here is my contribution:

if you have not completed your previous pet quests, do those first. they are:

level 58/forest lord

www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:An_Ugly_Eggling#axzz4ceNehl43

level 78/gnomes

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:The_Green_Mile#axzz4ceNehl43

all prequests, requirements, quest givers etc. are in those links. so make sure you read them.

you also reminded me that i forgot to do my pet quest on my life wizard. so thanks for the reminder.

-von

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
You must have completed previous school pet quests to receive your L98 pet quest.

School pets: Satyr (L48), Forest Lord (L58), Gnome (L78), Dryad (L98)

For Satyr, you would have received a summons from your school teacher to pick up the quest "Loudly Sing Cuckoo"

For Forest Lord, you must have completed the Satyr pet quest "Loudly Sing Cuckoo" from Moolinda Mu and completed the quest "Nordrilund Exposure" given by Grandmother Raven in Hrundle Ford in Wintertusk. The Forest Lord quest is called "Ready to Hatch" from Moolinda Mu.

For Gnome, you must have completed the previous pet quest for L48 & L58. Visit your teacher for the quest "The Green Mile"

For Dryad, you must have completed the L78 pet quest "The Green Mile" and all previous pet quests. Visit your teacher for the L98 pet quest.

This is what I learned from doing a quick search for W101 pet quests ....... just sayin' .......

Survivor
Jan 03, 2011
Freshta on Mar 28, 2017 wrote:
Hi, just saw this today.

You need to continue through Grizzleheim/Wintertusk until you reach the area called Sudriland. If you're in Vestriland, then you're close, Sudriland is the next area after Vestriland. Once you complete the quest called Su-Su-Sudriland, you'll be able to earn your Forest Lord pet and you will be back on track.

For your spells, also make sure you did the level 35 spell from Eric Wyrdruin in Grizzleheim by the main shopping district. He had spell quests for you at level 35 & level 58. Do them both, or else your utility spells in Avalon, Azteca and beyond won't be available to you.

Alia Misthaven
Thank you so much I figured it out! Just wanted to say thanks because you actually directly helped the situation and didn't just give me the generals like "have you done the previous quests?". You went in depth a great deal, 2 charms for you!

Cole Lifeshard now a happy forest lord pet owner.