Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Resetting PvP Records:

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 21, 2013
First and foremost, I'm long past my glory days of PvP and I, too, am pretty dissatisfied with the current state of it and thus plan to stick with Magus/Grandmaster dueling. With that obligatory point out of the way, I wanted to run this idea here to see how y'all feel about it.

Giving us the ability to revert our current PvP wins and losses back to 0.

Idea's pretty simple and could function the same way as resetting our training points; it'd cost Crowns and be weighted by either the level of the Wizard, its current PvP rank, or the amount of matches under said Wizard's belt. Initially I felt somethin' like this would be a terrible idea and we can expand on those reasons below, but after putting some thought into it and trying to tap into the mentality behind a lot of players that quit, I'm not convinced implementing this feature would be all that bad. Whether people admit it or not, a good majority that have quit did so simply because their rank isn't 'good enough' and it has left them discouraged with a bad taste in their mouth. That Warlord with 220-somethin' wins and 190 losses doesn't look as impressive as someone with a record of, say, 100-15, huh?

Call a feature like this pandering to sore losers if you'd like; I wouldn't have much ground to stand on if I wanted to argue otherwise. The only thing I can argue from is a hunch that this would keep more people satisfied, give more people incentives to try out new strategies without fear of having to 'start all over' on another Wizard, and ultimately bring more people back. Of course, some restrictions would have to be put in place. The most important being preventing those that have reset from wearing arena gear. Otherwise we'd be facing a similar issue with down rankers that seemed more common years ago. A fully equipped Warlord that has lost a rank or two from losing occasionally is not comparable to someone intentionally using a reset (or intentionally down ranking through losses) to stomp on lower ranks. Feel free to share any other restrictions you believe would have to be put in place. Likewise, if you oppose this idea, post your reasoning below.

Pros:
- This would make KI money.
- Those that have an inability to cope with their current records would be happy and return with something like this to fall back on. You don't have to like the thought of someone taking an easy way out (I'm not real big on it either), but I'm looking at it from a psychological perspective - from the perspective of a person that quit or the person that would pay for something like this.
- Using secondary accounts to practice and establish new strategies is common throughout a lot of competitive games. The biggest difference that I see is time involved. It takes a ton of investment to level up in Wizard compared to most. 'Smurfing or pubstomping', for those familiar with the terms, is frowned upon but that environment would not exist in a game like this. At least no more than it already does.

Cons?
Post below.

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
Matthew Raven 55 on Mar 8, 2017 wrote:
First and foremost, I'm long past my glory days of PvP and I, too, am pretty dissatisfied with the current state of it and thus plan to stick with Magus/Grandmaster dueling. With that obligatory point out of the way, I wanted to run this idea here to see how y'all feel about it.

Giving us the ability to revert our current PvP wins and losses back to 0.

Idea's pretty simple and could function the same way as resetting our training points; it'd cost Crowns and be weighted by either the level of the Wizard, its current PvP rank, or the amount of matches under said Wizard's belt. Initially I felt somethin' like this would be a terrible idea and we can expand on those reasons below, but after putting some thought into it and trying to tap into the mentality behind a lot of players that quit, I'm not convinced implementing this feature would be all that bad. Whether people admit it or not, a good majority that have quit did so simply because their rank isn't 'good enough' and it has left them discouraged with a bad taste in their mouth. That Warlord with 220-somethin' wins and 190 losses doesn't look as impressive as someone with a record of, say, 100-15, huh?

Call a feature like this pandering to sore losers if you'd like; I wouldn't have much ground to stand on if I wanted to argue otherwise. The only thing I can argue from is a hunch that this would keep more people satisfied, give more people incentives to try out new strategies without fear of having to 'start all over' on another Wizard, and ultimately bring more people back. Of course, some restrictions would have to be put in place. The most important being preventing those that have reset from wearing arena gear. Otherwise we'd be facing a similar issue with down rankers that seemed more common years ago. A fully equipped Warlord that has lost a rank or two from losing occasionally is not comparable to someone intentionally using a reset (or intentionally down ranking through losses) to stomp on lower ranks. Feel free to share any other restrictions you believe would have to be put in place. Likewise, if you oppose this idea, post your reasoning below.

Pros:
- This would make KI money.
- Those that have an inability to cope with their current records would be happy and return with something like this to fall back on. You don't have to like the thought of someone taking an easy way out (I'm not real big on it either), but I'm looking at it from a psychological perspective - from the perspective of a person that quit or the person that would pay for something like this.
- Using secondary accounts to practice and establish new strategies is common throughout a lot of competitive games. The biggest difference that I see is time involved. It takes a ton of investment to level up in Wizard compared to most. 'Smurfing or pubstomping', for those familiar with the terms, is frowned upon but that environment would not exist in a game like this. At least no more than it already does.

Cons?
Post below.
This is an interesting thought.

The only con I really see here is KI's feelings about having such a concept with the PvP Age Reset already in effect.

On the other hand, Age resets don't happen too often.

Your concept would also decrease the amount of low-level, high rank VS. higher-level,lower rank match-ups. Given that enough people buy into the actual resetting of PvP records. But I would assume that if it was a more pricey crown purchase, people would only use it when their ranks below at least 300.

In my opinion, I much prefer having such a large pool of losses with my wins. It goes to show how far you've come as a PvPer. Not to mention the amount of times I've seen people harass wizards for with a nearly perfect PvP rating for "boosting". We definitely don't want more of that to happen.

We can't win them all.

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Ryan HexPyre 104 Always Dying
Nathan GreenEyes 100+ Hot in more ways than one (lol)
(Currently questing through Khrysalis, join me!)