Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Adoption

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 12, 2008
My friend and I realized that when it comes to wizard 101 updates pets and energy are neglected one of the ideas we came up with was pet adoption. More often than not you go into someone's castle and they have a thousand and one pets running about doing nothing with themselves while new wizards up to level 30 if they're lucky have to struggle trying and failing at getting a pet that's not only their class but helpful as well. That's where adoption comes in, wizards of all levels should get gold and/or crowns for putting their pet up for adoption. The price should depend on the rank, age, and talent. Of course one shouldn't be allowed to put an adult up for adoption, but baby and teen seem like the proper ages for adoption.

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
Yen Sid on Feb 27, 2017 wrote:
My friend and I realized that when it comes to wizard 101 updates pets and energy are neglected one of the ideas we came up with was pet adoption. More often than not you go into someone's castle and they have a thousand and one pets running about doing nothing with themselves while new wizards up to level 30 if they're lucky have to struggle trying and failing at getting a pet that's not only their class but helpful as well. That's where adoption comes in, wizards of all levels should get gold and/or crowns for putting their pet up for adoption. The price should depend on the rank, age, and talent. Of course one shouldn't be allowed to put an adult up for adoption, but baby and teen seem like the proper ages for adoption.
I mentioned a similar concept in my following post if you'd like to take a gander:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/-ravenwood-school-clubs--8ad6a4255a1d1d53015a4477e0753c47?reset=1

Agreed totally! Pets should not be trashed, there is so much more other wizards can get out of them! Nice pitch!

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander Main
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Ryan HexPyre 104 Always Dying
Nathan GreenEyes 85+ Hot in more ways than one (lol)

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
I disagree, sorry.

You will end up with people running 'Puppy Mills' for profit.

Defender
Dec 06, 2009
I think this is a great idea, all those poor abandoned and mistreated pets can finally have a home with people who care.

For some reason this idea is giving me flashbacks to that old cartoon from many years ago...Fosters Home for Imaginary friends. I like chocolate milk!

Defender
Aug 25, 2014
People tend to have pets running around for prestige. They are showing them off, thats why they have a bunch running around their houses. Or they just might be a pet collector. Allowing adoptions would create an unhealthy in game market. People would start using pets as a currency for other things in game. This is why we have the Bazaar and not a true auction house like other games.

Explorer
Aug 09, 2014
SilverbackMonkey on Feb 28, 2017 wrote:
I disagree, sorry.

You will end up with people running 'Puppy Mills' for profit.
You do realize they aren't real. There's nothing inhumane or morally wrong with people selling digital pets which are essentially lines of code. I think it would be good. We should be able to buy and sell pets at the bazaar or have a private store. I often end up trashing pets that I don't need or just randomly putting them in my house. I also would pay a lot for a really good rare pet. There is the problem of rank which is probably why this isn't already implemented. But they could just keep it to baby.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
juwanaman9 on Mar 1, 2017 wrote:
You do realize they aren't real. There's nothing inhumane or morally wrong with people selling digital pets which are essentially lines of code. I think it would be good. We should be able to buy and sell pets at the bazaar or have a private store. I often end up trashing pets that I don't need or just randomly putting them in my house. I also would pay a lot for a really good rare pet. There is the problem of rank which is probably why this isn't already implemented. But they could just keep it to baby.
Yes, I realize this is a game, no need for that comment.

Farming for special dropped pets, making unique hybrids, etc., are part of the fun of the game.
There would be No Unique pets in game if all were available for adoption.

You would have people mass hatching and duplicating rare pets to make 'money' off of it.

So yes, it would become a 'Puppy Mill' scenario.

If you want that "really rare pet" then farm for it or hit up the hatchery.

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
juwanaman9 on Mar 1, 2017 wrote:
Reseting each pet to baby would be a great idea to keep adoption balanced; so certain people don't go for the highest level pet while knowing the talents, pedigree should be enough to measure the price.

This would also mean that pets like wraith, triton, or efreet can still be adopted but only equipped by their respective schools.

As well, there could be an adoption limit. One adoption per day or an adoption timer? We definitely wouldn't want every pet in adoption bought out by a single wizard.

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander Main

Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Ryan HexPyre 104 Always Dying
Nathan GreenEyes 90+ Hot in more ways than one (lol)

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Maybe just try to make the pet training easier and quicker.

I just can't do it. Hours a day and the points barely move. I just can't.

If you want to sell pets at the bazaar that might be a good idea. I would rather pay for a trained pet than have to spend all that time on those pet games.

Kudos to those of you who have trained their pets.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
As for pets running around they are not neglected. It brings a smile to my face when I visit my "house" and see my pets running around.

I wish I could interact with them but that is not the player's fault. It is the way the game is.

I have some pets in a pen and they look hilarious and cute dancing or running around.

Survivor
Sep 12, 2008
SparkleTude on Mar 2, 2017 wrote:
Maybe just try to make the pet training easier and quicker.

I just can't do it. Hours a day and the points barely move. I just can't.

If you want to sell pets at the bazaar that might be a good idea. I would rather pay for a trained pet than have to spend all that time on those pet games.

Kudos to those of you who have trained their pets.
Energy is an entirely different situation, but I doubt you'll have many trained pets in the bazaar regardless because usually if a pet isn't good you just stop training it, I doubt someone would spend their time training a good pet only sell it for a quick buck. Also regarding your other post, not everyone likes seeing their house full of random pets, some people trash them, some people just leave them out because its not worth their time thinking about.

I feel as though there should be a completely separate building in olde town or the pet pavilion for pet adoption and of course there should be limitations because the "Puppy Mill" thing kinda makes sense. Some people actually hunt down good pets and it's not fair for someone to just come out of nowhere and adopt a top notch pet. However isn't that how the bazaar works? if power/high rank is a problem then just make some pets nonauction-able or non-adoptable, you don't see darkmoor gear in the bazaar do you? I think pets under the rank of 65 should be fair game and if it's a hybrid so what? just provide parental information XD, but seriously provide parent info so that players can know what to expect.

Teen pets if allowed should cost extra, but I believe that creating this oppurtunity for players to finally get their hands on a good pet can change the flow of the game, good pets are hard to come by even harder to find one of your class and a good pet can literally mean life and death and even the playing field for those mini bosses in Polaris and mirage who have better pets then half my wizards. Sorry if this was a bit long but these comments and disagreements really just got me thinking and corrected some flaws in this idea. Thank! keep talking.

Explorer
Sep 25, 2012
I have a winter wind tower, and if you've ever been to one it's very snowy and cold. It's for this reason that I tend to put a lot of ice themed pets around the property. There's ice beetles and even an evil snowman. I like to place pets around for the aesthetic. Likewise, the dungeon in my castle is stocked with ghosts and spiders. I even set up an office in one room with a Mechanical Owl by my desk as my own parallel to Gamma.