Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Open Chat?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 24, 2010
Hello, I recently turned 18 in December and I just finished buying a membership. Now my problem is that I do not have the option for open chat! On my other account that does not have a membership I have open chat on it.

Any assistance on this will be helpful!

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
Katie SpellGem on Feb 25, 2017 wrote:
Hello, I recently turned 18 in December and I just finished buying a membership. Now my problem is that I do not have the option for open chat! On my other account that does not have a membership I have open chat on it.

It doesn't matter that you turned 18 in real life, what really matters is when you made your account, and what age you put on it. For example, if you made an account on February 25, 2017 and you put the age as 15, then you would have to wait until February 25, 2020 to enable open chat, when your account would then be 18 years old. I suggest you look at when you made your account, and try to recall what age you put down on it. If you don't remember, I suggest emailing Kingsisle. If the option for open chat is not listed under the account options area, then you still have to wait. Buying a membership/crowns will not make it show up if you still have to wait.

HOWEVER, if you originally put down your age as 12 or younger when you made your account, then that account will NEVER get open chat. The US government makes it illegal for Kingsisle to store your age if you are 12 or younger, so there is basically no age even stored on your account when you first made it if you put one of those ages in originally.

If you put the age as at least 13, then it is simply a matter of waiting.

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
Survivor
Oct 08, 2013
To change your chat mode you have to have a master password, so you can change anything in your settings. Do you have a master password? If not create one. Hope this helped a bit

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Katie SpellGem on Feb 25, 2017 wrote:

You need to contact: support@wizard101.com

You can do that just as easily from this site. Give them User Name only and tell them politely what your problem is. Only they can help you.

Survivor
Aug 24, 2010
Thanks guys for the replies Yes I have master password. I will contact support for this.