Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Efficient Questing Guide?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 21, 2013
Hey, folks. I've returned to Wizard after an almost 3-year hiatus and I'm lookin' to get back into the swing of things. I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction when it comes to avoiding certain quests. To be clear, I don't mean "efficient" as in fast power-leveling and only following the main quest lines; I like to go for 100% completion on most of my Wizards. I just remember it being best to avoid certain quests until 'x' level to avoid clogging up our quest logs. (It seems they still haven't given us the ability to remove quests from our logs and that's pretty discouraging.) Anyway, here are some of the quests I can remember to give y'all an idea:

* A few Grizzleheim areas and dungeons at an early level.
* That Pigswick Academy Tower place that's borderline impossible - if I remember correctly - when the quest first becomes available.
* Something in Celestia that can't be finished until you have access to later worlds.
*Various crafting quests that can't be finished until you have access to vendors in later worlds. Are these new fishing quests and whatever this 'Lost Pages' event is quests to postpone as well?

Forgive my vague memory, but I recall there being a lot of points like those throughout the game and it's a bit of a pain. I tried to search for some guides without any luck. Most of them all seem to focus on leveling as fast as possible whereas I'm lookin' for completion at optimal levels with minimal clutter.

Thanks in advance and please leave your own suggestions! Feels good to be back to this game. Also, I'm still loyal to , , and .

Represent.

Defender
Mar 28, 2011
Generally it's best to pick up any and every quest you can when you find them, but don't go far out of your way to complete the side things. Often the "collect X of ___" or "talk to ___ in ___ " happen anyway while you are doing the main line.

The hard optional dungeons like Tower of the Helephant, Water Works, Tartarus, and Darkmoor are best done with a full team. Most other content can be done solo, but IME the fastest way to quest is with one partner or running two accounts yourself.

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
Matthew Raven 55 on Feb 24, 2017 wrote:
Hey, folks. I've returned to Wizard after an almost 3-year hiatus and I'm lookin' to get back into the swing of things. I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction when it comes to avoiding certain quests. To be clear, I don't mean "efficient" as in fast power-leveling and only following the main quest lines; I like to go for 100% completion on most of my Wizards. I just remember it being best to avoid certain quests until 'x' level to avoid clogging up our quest logs. (It seems they still haven't given us the ability to remove quests from our logs and that's pretty discouraging.) Anyway, here are some of the quests I can remember to give y'all an idea:

* A few Grizzleheim areas and dungeons at an early level.
* That Pigswick Academy Tower place that's borderline impossible - if I remember correctly - when the quest first becomes available.
* Something in Celestia that can't be finished until you have access to later worlds.
*Various crafting quests that can't be finished until you have access to vendors in later worlds. Are these new fishing quests and whatever this 'Lost Pages' event is quests to postpone as well?

Forgive my vague memory, but I recall there being a lot of points like those throughout the game and it's a bit of a pain. I tried to search for some guides without any luck. Most of them all seem to focus on leveling as fast as possible whereas I'm lookin' for completion at optimal levels with minimal clutter.

Thanks in advance and please leave your own suggestions! Feels good to be back to this game. Also, I'm still loyal to , , and .

Represent.
1) There is Wintertusk, a level 50+ area that doesn't become available until after you finish all of Grizzleheim.
2) Tower of the Helephant in Wysteria? That becomes available at level 60 I believe.
3) Something in Celestia? Not sure.
4) The Grandmaster Artisan quest teacher isn't in the main area of the world. You meet him in the 3rd area I believe. You can't get the Legendary Artisan crafting quest in Zafaria until you finish Celestia, even if you get a friend to port you there.

Feel free to reply

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander Main

Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Ryan HexPyre 104 Always Dying
Nathan GreenEyes 85+ Hot in more ways than one (lol)