Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Deck Reform Now

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Decks have a lot of issues that KI still hasn't addressed, so I am going to address them in hopes that KI will as well. Two simple reforms could revolutionize duels.
--
1. More spells can be put in decks, but the spell limits don't compensate.
It's funny how a simple graphics issue caused this. KI animated it so they didn't have enough space to compensate for more spells in the end. The deck control panel needs to be updated.
--
In the animation, simply remove the slots. Whenever you add a spell to your deck, let's say Satyr, a Satyr icon will appear on the blank space. If you add more Satyrs, more Satyr icons won't be added. If you put 5 Satyrs, it'll simply say x5 somewhere around the icon (I imagine the bottom right). If you put any other number of a certain spell, it'll work the same way. I know as I have this solution now, it'll simply delay the same issue. So, just add a scroll bar.
--
If this solution is implemented, KI can keep spell limits, but they can be reasonable spell limits. If spells are added to the game that can't replace other spells in your deck (spell upgrades), spell limits need to compensate.
--
By the way, this should be the same for treasure cards.
--
2. Despite having more complex decks, we still have to rely on primitive battle planning.
During battle, with our more complex decks, not only can we not see how we designed our decks during battle, but our spell hand is too small and the time limit is too short. Seeing effects applied to ourselves was an improvement, but we still can't see the effects applied to our enemies.
--
Firstly, we need to see the effects applied to our enemies as well. During battle, we need to be able to see our whole decks somehow [and voluntarily mark or tint/color our spells (if tint/color, it can't be school colors), this could be used to keep track of all the charms/wards we don't wanna use, since we already have]. Also during battle, our spell hand and the timer need to be increased at higher levels (perhaps at Celestia). Also, you need to fix the glitch where you lag after discarding.
--
An idea of mine is that when it's time to select spells, you can see your whole deck, but the spells you can't use are greyed out [or, in order not to conflict with the tint/color mentioned earlier, could be below a line]. To draw a treasure card, you could check off a spell then click draw.

Delver
Mar 10, 2015
To be honest one of the reasons I prefer pirate101 is for this specific reason. We should be able to set out skill card in number from one to max to say with what odds do we want the cards to appear. This way we don't die for no reason because our heal or shield did not spawn. In a game that's strategy based UI control is the most important factor other then new content

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
"An idea of mine is that when it's time to select spells, you can see your whole deck, but the spells you can't use are greyed out [or, in order not to conflict with the tint/color mentioned earlier, could be below a line]. To draw a treasure card, you could check off a spell then click to draw."

This!!

As it stands we're at the mercy of the 'shuffle,' which I suppose goes along with the whole 'card-playing' aspect of the game. The only way I've found to overcome that is having very small decks and battling street mobs about 20-30 times while consciously discarding things together. Eventually the deck becomes 'calibrated' enough that I can rely on needed blades/traps/hits coming up together in a usable cluster. Treasure Cards, however, are obnoxious. They go into the slot in a weird order that we have no control over. We may have to draw three or four (or more) Treasure Cards while also discarding our regular cards, just to get to the one Treasure Card we actually need.

For that reason, I only use TCs for crafting....

Alia Misthaven

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Fable Finder on Feb 24, 2017 wrote:
Decks have a lot of issues that KI still hasn't addressed, so I am going to address them in hopes that KI will as well. Two simple reforms could revolutionize duels.
--
1. More spells can be put in decks, but the spell limits don't compensate.
It's funny how a simple graphics issue caused this. KI animated it so they didn't have enough space to compensate for more spells in the end. The deck control panel needs to be updated.
--
In the animation, simply remove the slots. Whenever you add a spell to your deck, let's say Satyr, a Satyr icon will appear on the blank space. If you add more Satyrs, more Satyr icons won't be added. If you put 5 Satyrs, it'll simply say x5 somewhere around the icon (I imagine the bottom right). If you put any other number of a certain spell, it'll work the same way. I know as I have this solution now, it'll simply delay the same issue. So, just add a scroll bar.
--
If this solution is implemented, KI can keep spell limits, but they can be reasonable spell limits. If spells are added to the game that can't replace other spells in your deck (spell upgrades), spell limits need to compensate.
--
By the way, this should be the same for treasure cards.
--
2. Despite having more complex decks, we still have to rely on primitive battle planning.
During battle, with our more complex decks, not only can we not see how we designed our decks during battle, but our spell hand is too small and the time limit is too short. Seeing effects applied to ourselves was an improvement, but we still can't see the effects applied to our enemies.
--
Firstly, we need to see the effects applied to our enemies as well. During battle, we need to be able to see our whole decks somehow [and voluntarily mark or tint/color our spells (if tint/color, it can't be school colors), this could be used to keep track of all the charms/wards we don't wanna use, since we already have]. Also during battle, our spell hand and the timer need to be increased at higher levels (perhaps at Celestia). Also, you need to fix the glitch where you lag after discarding.
--
An idea of mine is that when it's time to select spells, you can see your whole deck, but the spells you can't use are greyed out [or, in order not to conflict with the tint/color mentioned earlier, could be below a line]. To draw a treasure card, you could check off a spell then click draw.
Maybe I'm not understanding you, but if you mean you want to see what traps, shields, blades, etc that your enemy has up, you can. You just hover over the same general area on them as you do for yourself when you're wanting to see what you have up.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
High Five Ghost on Feb 25, 2017 wrote:
Maybe I'm not understanding you, but if you mean you want to see what traps, shields, blades, etc that your enemy has up, you can. You just hover over the same general area on them as you do for yourself when you're wanting to see what you have up.
I've tried, it doesn't seem to work. It worked once, but it went away in less then a second and hasn't worked since so I assumed it was a glitch.