Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm and Myth boosts should be looked into

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 17, 2009
it makes absolutely no sense asthedicly that storm and myth boost on eachother and it feels like it was done out of convenience, I realize this is a core mechanic, pretty trivial and isn't likely to be changed but I'd like to make some fair points and possible solutions.
The elemental schools should form a triangle (fire -> ice -> water(storm) -> fire)
This also makes more sense for ice since ice currently boosts on fire creatures, death and life would remain untouched as they make sense
Now I suggest that myth and balance boost on eachother, I realize balance is supposed to represent all of the schools but I think I have a decent argument
Balance is sort of a representation of order while myth(monsters) are sort of a representation of chaos
It's a stretch but I think it could benefit both schools as currently balance does not boost on anything I'm pretty sure
What do you guys think?

Defender
Mar 02, 2009
It ties into the lore of the schools (as I understand it),t hough these were probably made such to help make it easier. Balance will never boost, because of the nature of the Balance school. That's why balance was given Hydra, Spectral Blast, Chimera, and Nested Fury. We don't need an opposite (my balance is currently in Khrysalis).

Storm is about ingenuity and invention, science and reality. Myth is (naturally) about imagination and wonderment, stories and dreams. The two are (in some ways) opposite, hence their opposition in battle.

Survivor
Dec 06, 2013
I think that Aesthetically, this makes sense

Andrew Iceshield 60

Andrew Soulmender 12

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
rtdv on Feb 23, 2017 wrote:
It ties into the lore of the schools (as I understand it),t hough these were probably made such to help make it easier. Balance will never boost, because of the nature of the Balance school. That's why balance was given Hydra, Spectral Blast, Chimera, and Nested Fury. We don't need an opposite (my balance is currently in Khrysalis).

Storm is about ingenuity and invention, science and reality. Myth is (naturally) about imagination and wonderment, stories and dreams. The two are (in some ways) opposite, hence their opposition in battle.
Myth's spells animations tend to involve earth in their animations. If you think of the old world's 4 basic elements, it was earth (myth), air (storm), fire (fire), water (ice). This gives opposites to every school. Water is opposite of fire, and earth is opposite electric.

In order to maintain school opposites, each one needs an opposite or it doesnt work. With 6 out of the 7 primary schools, this maintains. I DO understand where you come from that an elemental school shouldnt be opposite of a spiritual school, however, that's how it was designed. They could have easily put myth in with the elemental schools, but their the multiple shield spells would need 3, which would undo the balance school tri shields.

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
Okay, what you're saying actually makes sense.

But you said it, this probably won't get changed at all.

And to be honest, I don't care if KI makes this change or not.