Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

"Raid" dungeons

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
Adding raids to the game would be amazing. It may be hard to implement a new type of duel circle where there's more than 4 players/enemies, so maybe sticking to the classic 4 player system with two groups instead of one would work: ie. there's two paths to take and one group must defeat the left side and the other must defeat the right side before the raid bosses spawn. At this point, both groups fight one boss or 1 part of the boss (both must be defeated for the raid to be complete).

I love the idea of raid gear dropping and I think it would be great for there to be different tiers of gear (as I've mentioned before in my post about dungeon difficulties). As far as raid gear goes, however, I feel it should be better than top tier dungeon gear and maybe come with a set bonus of some sort. Think about having an extra 3-5% damage bonus if you have more than 2 items in the same set equipped! The bonus would be something minimal yet rewarding for players willing to raid, since all bonuses would stack.

Here's an example:
2 items from the set grants a +2% school-specific damage bonus.
3 items from the set grants a +3% school-specific damage bonus.
4 items grants a small critical bonus.
The complete set grants everything along with some other minimal bonus, like pierce or universal damage.
(ie. something useful, not something like accuracy)

CH

Defender
Apr 09, 2011
The Firehawk on Feb 24, 2017 wrote:
Adding raids to the game would be amazing. It may be hard to implement a new type of duel circle where there's more than 4 players/enemies, so maybe sticking to the classic 4 player system with two groups instead of one would work: ie. there's two paths to take and one group must defeat the left side and the other must defeat the right side before the raid bosses spawn. At this point, both groups fight one boss or 1 part of the boss (both must be defeated for the raid to be complete).

I love the idea of raid gear dropping and I think it would be great for there to be different tiers of gear (as I've mentioned before in my post about dungeon difficulties). As far as raid gear goes, however, I feel it should be better than top tier dungeon gear and maybe come with a set bonus of some sort. Think about having an extra 3-5% damage bonus if you have more than 2 items in the same set equipped! The bonus would be something minimal yet rewarding for players willing to raid, since all bonuses would stack.

Here's an example:
2 items from the set grants a +2% school-specific damage bonus.
3 items from the set grants a +3% school-specific damage bonus.
4 items grants a small critical bonus.
The complete set grants everything along with some other minimal bonus, like pierce or universal damage.
(ie. something useful, not something like accuracy)

CH
Yes while the duel circle would be very cool, it may be hard to implement unfortunately.
I really like the extra stat bonus idea. It gives players extra motivation. It really hurts me when I have to keep doing waterworks for the boots, if I got something special for having the full set it would be much better.

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
XaZeRs on Feb 21, 2017 wrote:
Like the ideas! I think I prefer the dungeons dropping currency rather than actual drop, it would be a nice change to the grind and just have fun then buy what you like! Also there could be holiday raids! Example:

Reindeer Roundup!-
Help Santa roundup the loose reindeer before it's too late!
Time limit; 120 minutes
Up to 6 players per battle

Dasher Dancer (10,000 health each)
"You know Dasher!" Dasher cheat casts snow drift if a heal over time is cast
"And Dancer!" Dancer cheat casts steal blade if a blade is cast

Prancer Vixen (15,000 health each)
"Prancer at your service!" At the start of the encounter and every time it is removed with a hit, Prancer cheat casts a -75% shield on both reindeer
"Vixen would hate to see you hurt!" When someone casts an attack, Vixen will use bad juju on that wizard

Comet Cupid Donner (20,000 health each)
"Comet, Cupid, Donner" Every 5 rounds Comet (or Cupid [or Donner]) will revive any dead ally back to 5,000 health
"Don't use such magic!" Comet will cheat cast supernova if an aura is played
"Santa can't afford to be late!" If a player is late, Donner will cheat cast a 3,500 Krampus

Blitzen Rudolph (50,000 each)
There is a 5 round cheat cycle:
1. Rudolph will cheat cast elemental blade on Blitzen
2. Blitzen will cheat cast storm blade on himself
3. Blitzen will cheat cast feint on a random wizard
4. Rudolph will cheat cast balance blade on Blitzen
5. Blitzen will cheat cast Glow Bugs
"But do you recall..." Rudolph will taunt at the start of every round, he must be hit
"The must famous reindeer of all?" If Rudolph is not hit on a turn he will cheat cast a 4,000 Sand Wurm or a 2,000 Earthquake

Badge: Santa's Little Helper
Effect: When standing still, snow falls around you

You would then earn a special currency able to buy what you please in a crown-like shop

This is so creative. I love the badge effect. I also really like the different kind of currency idea, sort of like script in Pirate101. The script store needs to sell really unique stuff though.

Moira Stormheart

Survivor
Aug 24, 2012
Hello!
My brother and I had a FANTASTIC idea! What if house owners could have a dungeon? And in the dungeon, the owner can place a certain amount of monsters. Maybe the types of monsters that I (Let's just say "I" instead of owner) can place can only be monsters that I have defeated, or just bosses so the dungeon isn't so cluttered.

I can choose whether only four wizards can go in at a time, or unlimited.

The dungeons are basically one street (Ex. Unicorn Way) and the wizards in it have to defeat all the bosses to get to the end and claim their prize.

No-Matter-What prizes could be a Badge that says "House Dungeons Completed- *Number goes here*, gold, reagents/recipe, and a chest with a random item. I don't think us wizards should get experience points after the battles, however, because we don't want everyone training in House Dungeons, or else that would defeat the purpose of all the other dungeons and streets throughout Wizard101.

If someone dies in my house dungeon, they appear by the world gate in my house with zero hp/mana. Therefore, they would have to restart the dungeon or accept defeat and train to a higher level.

Benefits of a house dungeon:
1. Gives something else to do at my house.
2. It gives more than just putting furniture in my house.
3. I can customize my dungeon with furniture items and decide the layout of the street.
4. It's so darn fun!

Side notes (so far):
1. The length of my dungeon is determined by how many bosses I have placed.
2. Yes, house dungeons have the little blue mana-boosters and red health-boosters.

for ,,,,,,,,,, and