Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

"Raid" dungeons

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 09, 2011
What if there were big hard dungeons that dropped really rare good gear with unique looks/effect and boost in special dungeons.

Darkmoor is the closest resemblance to this.

Instead of having slots for 4 people, the battlefield can be 6 or even 8! slots. There can be hard bosses that take up multiple battle slots and the dungeons would require strong team communication.

Some ideas:

Dungeon: Venture through a cave in a mountain full of lava (some areas the lava will very slowly fill, once it get's past waist it will start damaging)

One of the unique bosses: Looks like the big Borealis but is made of flowing lava and molten rock. Take up 3 battle slots.

Gear idea: Fire wizards highest tier armor from the dungeon can be some buff metal armor with the shoulders, top of head, and boots spewing fire.

Badge: *No name yet
Badge Effect: When running on foot leave behind a print of lava.

Anyone else have Raid ideas?

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
MightySwashbuckler... on Feb 17, 2017 wrote:
What if there were big hard dungeons that dropped really rare good gear with unique looks/effect and boost in special dungeons.

Darkmoor is the closest resemblance to this.

Instead of having slots for 4 people, the battlefield can be 6 or even 8! slots. There can be hard bosses that take up multiple battle slots and the dungeons would require strong team communication.

Some ideas:

Dungeon: Venture through a cave in a mountain full of lava (some areas the lava will very slowly fill, once it get's past waist it will start damaging)

One of the unique bosses: Looks like the big Borealis but is made of flowing lava and molten rock. Take up 3 battle slots.

Gear idea: Fire wizards highest tier armor from the dungeon can be some buff metal armor with the shoulders, top of head, and boots spewing fire.

Badge: *No name yet
Badge Effect: When running on foot leave behind a print of lava.

Anyone else have Raid ideas?
Great idea! I remember this concept was brought to the message boards before, but was lost in the hoards. Yeah, let's make this happen!

Idea: Back in Celestia, in the Celestia Base Camp, behind the Trial of the Spheres, we go through the door on the right to get to the Crustacean Empire, but not the left. Perhaps the left one can lead to a raid lobby?

Raid: Storm Titan's Canyon

Dungeon: Go through an underwater canyon and a beautiful coral reef with whirlpools that contain enemies if you get too close! Rescue the storm titan from being corrupted by shadow!

Boss: Corrupted Storm Essence () Takes up 3 battle slots.

Gear Idea: Storm Wizards specific armor can be torso armor with arms exposed, a long cape that slightly covers the front torso, gloves, a fedora like hat, and leather boots.

Badge: Rage of the Storm Titan
Badge Effect: Electricity sparks off of body

Yeah

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander Main
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Ryan HexPyre 104 Always Dying
Nathan GreenEyes 75+ Hot in more ways than one (lol)

Defender
Aug 25, 2014
This would be an excellent way to offer difficult content for hardcore players while leaving regular questing less complex for the casual players. I don't know why they don't do more things like Darkmoor.

Survivor
Sep 11, 2011
I love this idea! I have had thoughts of bosses that take up more then one space in battle, and how they could work. I was thinking, that when fighting against one of these monsters, it would have one big spot instead of two different spots. And, the 8 players in one battle thing, I don't know how that could work without a ton of chaos. The "Raid" dungeon idea is great though. Maybe it would have a chance of dropping some brand new, special kind of currency, kind of like the Smuggler's Arena from P101, where that dropped scrip, which could be used for special items.

For drops for these Raid Dungeons, I would go for a special set for each class. All of them would be different. Each set for the classes would specialize in raising the stats of which that certain class lacks, to make stats more even. Also, for a badge, it would leave a special effect based on your class. I don't know what each one would be exactly though. Well, that's enough of my rambling.

Kane TitanBreaker, Level 84 Myth

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
The idea of having more players in a circle for a harder dungeon is very interesting. Maybe like in pirate101, there can be loot in locked chests that requires a certain number of players to open fostering team play.

Moira Stormheart

Defender
Apr 09, 2011
thelastdiviner on Feb 18, 2017 wrote:
Great idea! I remember this concept was brought to the message boards before, but was lost in the hoards. Yeah, let's make this happen!

Idea: Back in Celestia, in the Celestia Base Camp, behind the Trial of the Spheres, we go through the door on the right to get to the Crustacean Empire, but not the left. Perhaps the left one can lead to a raid lobby?

Raid: Storm Titan's Canyon

Dungeon: Go through an underwater canyon and a beautiful coral reef with whirlpools that contain enemies if you get too close! Rescue the storm titan from being corrupted by shadow!

Boss: Corrupted Storm Essence () Takes up 3 battle slots.

Gear Idea: Storm Wizards specific armor can be torso armor with arms exposed, a long cape that slightly covers the front torso, gloves, a fedora like hat, and leather boots.

Badge: Rage of the Storm Titan
Badge Effect: Electricity sparks off of body

Yeah

Nathan GreenEyes 75+ Hot in more ways than one (lol)
Sounds like a fun one!

Defender
Apr 09, 2011
Ryan ShadowGlade on Feb 18, 2017 wrote:
I love this idea! I have had thoughts of bosses that take up more then one space in battle, and how they could work. I was thinking, that when fighting against one of these monsters, it would have one big spot instead of two different spots. And, the 8 players in one battle thing, I don't know how that could work without a ton of chaos. The "Raid" dungeon idea is great though. Maybe it would have a chance of dropping some brand new, special kind of currency, kind of like the Smuggler's Arena from P101, where that dropped scrip, which could be used for special items.

For drops for these Raid Dungeons, I would go for a special set for each class. All of them would be different. Each set for the classes would specialize in raising the stats of which that certain class lacks, to make stats more even. Also, for a badge, it would leave a special effect based on your class. I don't know what each one would be exactly though. Well, that's enough of my rambling.

Kane TitanBreaker, Level 84 Myth
Yes, I think 6 players in a battle would work better.

Good idea on the currency it would be cool if there was some sort of new shop where we can buy unique items with the raid "points". Maybe a large amount of currency can be transferred into gold or crowns?

I was thinking of a special set for each class. I always thought there should be gear with more unique looks to make schools stand out. This was an idea to introduce that into the game.

Thanks for the feedback!

Survivor
Sep 11, 2011
Here is a idea.

In Aquila, left down from the entrance, then left after the oracle, there is a empty cave. I feel like this could be a raid dungeon.

Name: Turres

Boss: Corrupted Medusa

Cheats:
1. Shatters/Pierces any shields the opposing team puts on. "Sssshielding only shows that you are afraid!"
2. If the opposing team does more damage then half of its health, the Corrupted Medusa will cast Mystic Colossus on that player. "You musssst pay for that!"
3. If the player one shots the Medusa, a boss Basilisk will appear. "I ssstill have a chance!"

Survivor
Sep 11, 2011
Also, for drops, I was thinking of some Myth gear, here are what I think would be some cool stats.

Hat:

+350 HP
+70 Mana
+45 Critical
+8% Power Pip Chance
+80 Critical Block
+10 Myth Damage

Robe:

+500 HP
+80 Critical
+10 Power Pip Chance
+12 Storm Resist
+60 Critical Block
Gives Card: Basilisk Minion

Weapon: Medusa's Scimitars
+165 Critical
+98 Critical Block
Gives Card: Bladestorm

Too weak or too OP? I ain't max yet, so I wouldn't know.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I think having more people in the fight circles could work nicely. I think starting off having 10 people in a circle and any configuration would be a good start. There's already enough space for a 5 on 5 team fight

Defender
Apr 09, 2011
Ryan ShadowGlade on Feb 19, 2017 wrote:
Also, for drops, I was thinking of some Myth gear, here are what I think would be some cool stats.

Hat:

+350 HP
+70 Mana
+45 Critical
+8% Power Pip Chance
+80 Critical Block
+10 Myth Damage

Robe:

+500 HP
+80 Critical
+10 Power Pip Chance
+12 Storm Resist
+60 Critical Block
Gives Card: Basilisk Minion

Weapon: Medusa's Scimitars
+165 Critical
+98 Critical Block
Gives Card: Bladestorm

Too weak or too OP? I ain't max yet, so I wouldn't know.
Like the dungeon idea!

For the gear, too weak max gear usually has more health crit and shadow pip chance

Defender
Apr 09, 2011
Got another one:

Level: 80
Location: At Krokotopia inside the pyramid there's that huge krok statue. i'm thinking in one of those tunnels behind him.

Unique boss 1: An Orange mander completely on fire with black eyes. Takes up 1 battle slot

Unique boss 2: Krok statue. Takes up 3-4 spaces.

Unique boss 3: Cursed King Tut. Takes up 1 slot

Balance set: Gear for the sand, like people wear in mirage. With bits of sand swirling around the wizard.

Badge: Overthrower of the King
Badge Effect: When on foot, kick sand in the air while running.

Survivor
Sep 11, 2011
I ain't the best judge of gear for maxes. After all, I am a Myth wizard that is almost done with Azteca.

Also, for the badge for my dungeon, it would be "Shadow Hunter"
Effect: Leaves a small trail of black gunk behind as you walk.

Special Gear effect: Makes a small shadowy orb follow behind you. I also have another idea.

Survivor
Sep 11, 2011
Level: 80-90

World: Avalon

Objective: Get to the top of the tower in time to stop the dragons, Onyx, Gold, and Emerald!

Boss: Onyx Dragon, Gold Dragon, Emerald Dragon

Cheats: 1. If the player feints the enemy, the Gold Dragon will destroy the feint with Cleanse Ward. "YOU... ONLY RISK... YOURSELF...
2. If the player lands a critical hit with a AoE attack, the Emerald Dragon will use Rebirth. "JUST TAKE YOUR TIME..."
3. If the player kills the Onyx Dragon, the Emerald Dragon will summon a weaker version of the Onyx Dragon. "WE... WILL KEEP ON TRYING...
4. If the player kills the Emerald Dragon, the Onyx Dragon will summon a weaker version of the Emerald Dragon. "A SECOND LIFE IS... WHAT WE STRIVE FOR..."
5. If the player puts on more than 15 blades or shields, the Gold Dragon will Earthquake. "NO NEED TO MAKE THIS... MORE COMPLEX...

I don't know about gear just yet. Also, the tower that you travel up has 8 different floors. The entrance floor, first fight floor, puzzle floor, second fight floor, third fight floor, puzzle floor, break room, and then roof, where you fight the boss.

First Puzzle: "Weaknesses and strengths are what make up the Spiral."

Objective: Change the brazier color to that of its matching school in the order of their weaknesses/strengths. Ex: Change one color to yellow (Myth), then change the brazier across to its color to purple (storm).

I don't know about the other puzzles, and I have to think out a few different things. I'm running out of space on this post anyway XD

Survivor
Sep 23, 2011
MightySwashbuckler... on Feb 19, 2017 wrote:
Like the dungeon idea!

For the gear, too weak max gear usually has more health crit and shadow pip chance
Sorry I disagree the wand is way open. I mean the best overall wand only has 120 critical and you want to add 40 more to that also he forgetting something more stats for it.we talking myth also. The problem here is everyone can't be fire and storm with damage. As far as gear it is missing some other stats I'd agree

Survivor
Sep 23, 2011
MightySwashbuckler... on Feb 19, 2017 wrote:
Got another one:

Level: 80
Location: At Krokotopia inside the pyramid there's that huge krok statue. i'm thinking in one of those tunnels behind him.

Unique boss 1: An Orange mander completely on fire with black eyes. Takes up 1 battle slot

Unique boss 2: Krok statue. Takes up 3-4 spaces.

Unique boss 3: Cursed King Tut. Takes up 1 slot

Balance set: Gear for the sand, like people wear in mirage. With bits of sand swirling around the wizard.

Badge: Overthrower of the King
Badge Effect: When on foot, kick sand in the air while running.
This way to low a level but could work for lower level wizards also this can be held in mirage deserts. Also would love to see Egyptian pyramids with 4 bosses breaking out. Also plenty of places for a school like life to do a dungeon in avalon. Also balance wizards could go to Polaris to investigate the reason for melting ice and the imbalances of cold and heat. Could work a bit different for each opposite school.

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
Yep, wished 6 or 8 player circles were a thing. But imagine how few people would go into 8v8 PvP matches...

Defender
Apr 09, 2011
shadowbalance36 on Feb 20, 2017 wrote:
This way to low a level but could work for lower level wizards also this can be held in mirage deserts. Also would love to see Egyptian pyramids with 4 bosses breaking out. Also plenty of places for a school like life to do a dungeon in avalon. Also balance wizards could go to Polaris to investigate the reason for melting ice and the imbalances of cold and heat. Could work a bit different for each opposite school.
The idea is there could be multiple raids for multiple levels so every one has a chance to try the fight, gear, mechanics etc. before getting to max level.

Defender
Apr 09, 2011
shadowbalance36 on Feb 20, 2017 wrote:
Sorry I disagree the wand is way open. I mean the best overall wand only has 120 critical and you want to add 40 more to that also he forgetting something more stats for it.we talking myth also. The problem here is everyone can't be fire and storm with damage. As far as gear it is missing some other stats I'd agree
I wasn't talking about the wand. Also, i'm not saying everyone has to have high damage but it's just not worth doing the raid for that gear compared to darkmoor.

Defender
Apr 09, 2011
Ryan ShadowGlade on Feb 20, 2017 wrote:
Level: 80-90

World: Avalon

Objective: Get to the top of the tower in time to stop the dragons, Onyx, Gold, and Emerald!

Boss: Onyx Dragon, Gold Dragon, Emerald Dragon

Cheats: 1. If the player feints the enemy, the Gold Dragon will destroy the feint with Cleanse Ward. "YOU... ONLY RISK... YOURSELF...
2. If the player lands a critical hit with a AoE attack, the Emerald Dragon will use Rebirth. "JUST TAKE YOUR TIME..."
3. If the player kills the Onyx Dragon, the Emerald Dragon will summon a weaker version of the Onyx Dragon. "WE... WILL KEEP ON TRYING...
4. If the player kills the Emerald Dragon, the Onyx Dragon will summon a weaker version of the Emerald Dragon. "A SECOND LIFE IS... WHAT WE STRIVE FOR..."
5. If the player puts on more than 15 blades or shields, the Gold Dragon will Earthquake. "NO NEED TO MAKE THIS... MORE COMPLEX...

I don't know about gear just yet. Also, the tower that you travel up has 8 different floors. The entrance floor, first fight floor, puzzle floor, second fight floor, third fight floor, puzzle floor, break room, and then roof, where you fight the boss.

First Puzzle: "Weaknesses and strengths are what make up the Spiral."

Objective: Change the brazier color to that of its matching school in the order of their weaknesses/strengths. Ex: Change one color to yellow (Myth), then change the brazier across to its color to purple (storm).

I don't know about the other puzzles, and I have to think out a few different things. I'm running out of space on this post anyway XD
Very detailed I love it!
The only thing I would change is since it's a raid add more floors and a strong mini boss in the middle

Defender
Apr 09, 2011
sKochiya on Feb 20, 2017 wrote:
Yep, wished 6 or 8 player circles were a thing. But imagine how few people would go into 8v8 PvP matches...
The expanded battle circle is only in raid dungeons

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
sKochiya on Feb 20, 2017 wrote:
These would only be specifically for Raids. 4v4 PvP is already highly plagued by the fact that whoever goes first, wins.

We should probably just keep the current battle-field system due to spell camera angles, but how about this:

Instead of moving through a dungeon walking or on a mount changing magic circles, how about everyone gets into separate 4-players circles and the enemies appear in waves as we fight them!

Example:

1- Enemies appear in groups of 4 in 2-3 different spots about a magic circle away from each other
2- Everyone enters a battle circle with enemies and waves do not start until all magic circles are active.
3- Screen Displays "First Wave: (Wave Title)
4- Each magic circle group of wizards fights their enemies
5- Once wizards defeat their magic circle's enemies, everyone receives a cheat reshuffle
6- Screen Displays "Wave 2: (Wave Title)
7- Repeats from 4 with each wave number going up

When the wizards of that magic circle reach the final wave, the boss/bosses appear.

If wizards are successful, the magic circle disappears and one golden chest appears for each of the 4 wizards. Only one chest can be opened per wizard.

If the wizards fail during a wave, as in all wizards in their magic circle are defeated, they must start that wave of enemies over.

Wizards can essentially, flee and change magic circles with each other if they agree to exchange spots. Once you're in the magic circle, you must wait until the waves in your magic circle are over to check your deck/gear. Therefore, pack your deck in preparation with prisms and heals.

How about it?

Nathan GreenEyes 80+ Hot in more ways than one (lol)

Defender
Apr 09, 2011
thelastdiviner on Feb 20, 2017 wrote:
These would only be specifically for Raids. 4v4 PvP is already highly plagued by the fact that whoever goes first, wins.

We should probably just keep the current battle-field system due to spell camera angles, but how about this:

Instead of moving through a dungeon walking or on a mount changing magic circles, how about everyone gets into separate 4-players circles and the enemies appear in waves as we fight them!

Example:

1- Enemies appear in groups of 4 in 2-3 different spots about a magic circle away from each other
2- Everyone enters a battle circle with enemies and waves do not start until all magic circles are active.
3- Screen Displays "First Wave: (Wave Title)
4- Each magic circle group of wizards fights their enemies
5- Once wizards defeat their magic circle's enemies, everyone receives a cheat reshuffle
6- Screen Displays "Wave 2: (Wave Title)
7- Repeats from 4 with each wave number going up

When the wizards of that magic circle reach the final wave, the boss/bosses appear.

If wizards are successful, the magic circle disappears and one golden chest appears for each of the 4 wizards. Only one chest can be opened per wizard.

If the wizards fail during a wave, as in all wizards in their magic circle are defeated, they must start that wave of enemies over.

Wizards can essentially, flee and change magic circles with each other if they agree to exchange spots. Once you're in the magic circle, you must wait until the waves in your magic circle are over to check your deck/gear. Therefore, pack your deck in preparation with prisms and heals.

How about it?

Nathan GreenEyes 80+ Hot in more ways than one (lol)
Hmm, I prefer the original way however I think this would be a really cool idea for something like the smugglers arena from p101

Defender
Dec 05, 2013
Like the ideas! I think I prefer the dungeons dropping currency rather than actual drop, it would be a nice change to the grind and just have fun then buy what you like! Also there could be holiday raids! Example:

Reindeer Roundup!-
Help Santa roundup the loose reindeer before it's too late!
Time limit; 120 minutes
Up to 6 players per battle

Dasher Dancer (10,000 health each)
"You know Dasher!" Dasher cheat casts snow drift if a heal over time is cast
"And Dancer!" Dancer cheat casts steal blade if a blade is cast

Prancer Vixen (15,000 health each)
"Prancer at your service!" At the start of the encounter and every time it is removed with a hit, Prancer cheat casts a -75% shield on both reindeer
"Vixen would hate to see you hurt!" When someone casts an attack, Vixen will use bad juju on that wizard

Comet Cupid Donner (20,000 health each)
"Comet, Cupid, Donner" Every 5 rounds Comet (or Cupid [or Donner]) will revive any dead ally back to 5,000 health
"Don't use such magic!" Comet will cheat cast supernova if an aura is played
"Santa can't afford to be late!" If a player is late, Donner will cheat cast a 3,500 Krampus

Blitzen Rudolph (50,000 each)
There is a 5 round cheat cycle:
1. Rudolph will cheat cast elemental blade on Blitzen
2. Blitzen will cheat cast storm blade on himself
3. Blitzen will cheat cast feint on a random wizard
4. Rudolph will cheat cast balance blade on Blitzen
5. Blitzen will cheat cast Glow Bugs
"But do you recall..." Rudolph will taunt at the start of every round, he must be hit
"The must famous reindeer of all?" If Rudolph is not hit on a turn he will cheat cast a 4,000 Sand Wurm or a 2,000 Earthquake

Badge: Santa's Little Helper
Effect: When standing still, snow falls around you

You would then earn a special currency able to buy what you please in a crown-like shop

Defender
Apr 09, 2011
XaZeRs on Feb 21, 2017 wrote:
Like the ideas! I think I prefer the dungeons dropping currency rather than actual drop, it would be a nice change to the grind and just have fun then buy what you like! Also there could be holiday raids! Example:

Reindeer Roundup!-
Help Santa roundup the loose reindeer before it's too late!
Time limit; 120 minutes
Up to 6 players per battle

Dasher Dancer (10,000 health each)
"You know Dasher!" Dasher cheat casts snow drift if a heal over time is cast
"And Dancer!" Dancer cheat casts steal blade if a blade is cast

Prancer Vixen (15,000 health each)
"Prancer at your service!" At the start of the encounter and every time it is removed with a hit, Prancer cheat casts a -75% shield on both reindeer
"Vixen would hate to see you hurt!" When someone casts an attack, Vixen will use bad juju on that wizard

Comet Cupid Donner (20,000 health each)
"Comet, Cupid, Donner" Every 5 rounds Comet (or Cupid [or Donner]) will revive any dead ally back to 5,000 health
"Don't use such magic!" Comet will cheat cast supernova if an aura is played
"Santa can't afford to be late!" If a player is late, Donner will cheat cast a 3,500 Krampus

Blitzen Rudolph (50,000 each)
There is a 5 round cheat cycle:
1. Rudolph will cheat cast elemental blade on Blitzen
2. Blitzen will cheat cast storm blade on himself
3. Blitzen will cheat cast feint on a random wizard
4. Rudolph will cheat cast balance blade on Blitzen
5. Blitzen will cheat cast Glow Bugs
"But do you recall..." Rudolph will taunt at the start of every round, he must be hit
"The must famous reindeer of all?" If Rudolph is not hit on a turn he will cheat cast a 4,000 Sand Wurm or a 2,000 Earthquake

Badge: Santa's Little Helper
Effect: When standing still, snow falls around you

You would then earn a special currency able to buy what you please in a crown-like shop

Ooh, very good idea!