Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 2-17-17

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hello, Wizards! Once again, it's Friday, and it's time for feedback!

This week, I have a request for a FF from the Wizards that create spells themselves. If you could have a new spell, what would it do? CAVEAT: you could only use it ONCE PER FIGHT. Focus on FUNCTION, not what it looks like. And lastly, let us know what school you are. We're interested in what you'd be interested in for future ideas!

Happy Friday, and have a lovely weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!Save

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Defender
Oct 24, 2012
How about a Myth spell that takes all the Enemies charms/wards and negative charms/wards and heals your wizard for 100 Health each? Possibly a new lore spell. 6-8 pips seems reasonable.
~RainbowHeart

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Professor Falmea on Feb 17, 2017 wrote:

This week, I have a request for a FF from the Wizards that create spells themselves. If you could have a new spell, what would it do? CAVEAT: you could only use it ONCE PER FIGHT. Focus on FUNCTION, not what it looks like. And lastly, let us know what school you are. We're interested in what you'd be interested in for future ideas!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!Save
School: Balance

One use spell would be: Cast a random AOE spell for X amount of damage per pip. (Earthquake, Sandstorm, Scarecrow [get half back], Forest lord, Tempest, Power Nova, Frost Giant....)

School: Death

One use spell would be: A spell that will allow you to resurrect a defeated enemy as a minion.

School: Life

One use spell would be: Heal 5% of max health, per pip to all friends.

School: Ice

One use spell would be: Absorb 1100 damage into healing.

School: Myth

One use spell would be: Heal yourself and Minion only, for 1100 heath over three rounds.

School: Fire

One use spell would be: Steal all positive charms from all opponents.

School: Storm

One use spell would be: Dispel next positive charm on one opponent, and one negative charm on self.

Just an FYI, I can already see this possible idea getting abused by people fleeing and returning!
(Might want to consider that while working on this.)

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
Professor Falmea on Feb 17, 2017 wrote:

I love theorizing spells!

Turning Time ~

Yep! If you have finished Mirage you know exactly what spell I'm talking about!
School: Shadow
Pip Cost: 5 pips 2 shadow pips
"Change the current turn pattern"
Effect: The wheel spins to change who goes first

Endure ~

School:
Pip Cost: 4
"Heals the target 1000 right after 2000 damage is dealt on target"
Effect: The next incoming damage that calculates 1000+ (whether it be a dot or a direct hit) triggers this spell to activate and heal the target 1000. If the damage defeats the friend, the spell does not activate.

Cheers!

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander Main
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Ryan HexPyre 104 Always Dying
Nathan GreenEyes 80+ Hot in more ways than one (lol)

Defender
Nov 10, 2015
These aren't new spells but I think things like ice bird and storm beetle should be trainable. Maybe the professors in Wysteria could teach them.

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
A myth spell that I would call "Clone Minion". You cast it on your minion, and it summons a second version of whatever minion you cast it on. It can't be used on crown shop henchmen and the copy would start out with the amount of health the original was at when the spell was cast.

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
I have a few ideas.

For life: another heal all, whether a heal over time or an all at once, which over the next three consecutive rounds, puts a universal 60% shield on all players. Op maybe but hey we can only use it once.

For storm: A hanging effect cleanse, you cast it, it removes all negative charms that are cast on that wizard for the next three rounds.

Moira Stormheart

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
Oh forgot to mention, I am storm, if you couldn't guess from the name.

Moira Stormheart

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
A spell may only be used once per battle you say; how about these spells:

Uber multi-blade or multi-trap spells!
- Used on self, all teammates, or on one or more enemies.

Uber Multi-Blades Spell
When the spell is cast, multiple blades appear above you (+25, +30, +35, +40, +45, etc...)

For Balance Wizards
- Multi-blades may be cast on 1-4 teammates

Uber Multi-Traps Spell

For Non-Balace Wizards
When the spell is cast, multiple traps appear on one enemy (+25, +30, +35, +40, +45, +70, +75, +80, etc)

For Balance Wizards
- Multi-traps may be cast on 1-4 enemy

Blade Swap Spell (with variations)
When cast, blades you can't or won't use are moved onto another wizard
When cast, blades can be taken from teammate or enemy

For Balance Wizards
When cast, automatically takes and places school blades on school wizards
- Fire blades automatically get moved onto fire wizard/s, ice blades, get moved onto ice wizard/s, etc...
- When cast on enemy/ies, blades are pulled from them and placed on all of your teammates.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Myth Spell: Control Minion
Function: Allows you to control what spells a minion uses, until either it dies, or the fight is over

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Name: Pet Hit
Function: Your pet would get an attack spell that was whatever the pet was.
Cost: energy instead of mana

It would NOT use any of your blades, but runs the risk of using traps. As for what school I am, if you mean the spell, this spell's school would be based off of the pet's school.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
How about a spell every wizard can use. Time Delay spell. There are times when a wizard gets pulled in to battle and he/she is not ready. The Time Delay spell allows you to freeze time on your wizard for one minute to set up; adjust your deck, gear or change decks. This spell always appear on the first round. That way you don't have to flee, get mana and come back.

Defender
Dec 06, 2009
An enchantment that you can combine with another spell and then cast on your pet giving them a limited may cast ability for the spell based on pet level.

Example I enchant a dragon card and cast it, and my pet would have a 10% chance +1% per pet level every turn to cast dragon and would be able to cast it 1 time per pet level. So a baby would be able to cast 1 dragon whereas an ancient could cast 4.

This could actually be broken down into two enchantment spells.

Awaken Guardian - which would allow the pet to cast self enhancing spells like blades, shields and heals
Awaken Champion - which would work for any offensive spell

Survivor
Jun 05, 2010
I believe that sacrificial spells would be best in the role of "Can only be used once". These would be spells that like immolate, have a high risk high reward in any battle, whether the spells cause damage to yourself, stuns yourswlf for x amount of rounds or places several x% trap on yourself (that can't be self removed) after use. But though the burden of using them will be high, that'd also allow the spells to allow for a high base attack without upsetting the balance of pvp duels.

Though I wouldn't have any idea about how to set the base damage for each attack or burden/risk of using it due to bias for balance wizards, I think it'd be good to incorporate multiple burdens for each spell, i.e you recieve 25% damage of what you deal + stunned for two rounds, or combinations of recieve 3 70% traps + 3 -90% damage wards to self.

What's more is that these can apply to charm/blade spells as well, kind of like feint, you'd receive a high +x% damage charm but in 3 turns you'll receive a -90% damage ward. Or you end up gkving the opponenet an advantage as well afterwards such as shields after casting a damage spell or charms after you charm yourself. There's so many different ways to make it interesting, and on top of that, the burden/risk of using these spells would actually make wizards only WANT to use these spells once in battle, it'd be a last resort for them to help turn the tides.

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
Survivor
Jul 20, 2009
1.) Cleanse that breaks all weaknesses. We all want it for JuJu spammers in pvp, make it happen.
2.) New shadow spells. Make two new ones, one that hits and enfeebles and one that hits and shatters. Annoying that the only schools that get effects like these are storm and myth.
3.) Another class that could get a heal all spell other than life? Balance or Ice preferably because they are the other tank/support roles.
4.) A bigger enchant. Face it, max storms want Storm Owl to break 2k base damage with enchants lol.
5.) Mass Tower Shield? Would be more lit that Falmea on a good day.
6.) Mass Feint? I'm not the only one asking... #PvPBanned
7.) Double dispels... Kinda pvp breaking but just a thought.
8.) Spells like Supercharge and Backdraft for all schools.
9.) New Loremaster spells, or a better boss than Loremaster that drops enhanced Lore spells.
10.) Not really a new spell but figured I'd throw it in here, ban the Guardian Spirit card granted by all items in the game, not just the Battle Cherub pet.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
StormyZillas on Feb 21, 2017 wrote:
1.) Cleanse that breaks all weaknesses. We all want it for JuJu spammers in pvp, make it happen.
2.) New shadow spells. Make two new ones, one that hits and enfeebles and one that hits and shatters. Annoying that the only schools that get effects like these are storm and myth.
3.) Another class that could get a heal all spell other than life? Balance or Ice preferably because they are the other tank/support roles.
4.) A bigger enchant. Face it, max storms want Storm Owl to break 2k base damage with enchants lol.
9.) New Loremaster spells, or a better boss than Loremaster that drops enhanced Lore spells.
10.) Not really a new spell but figured I'd throw it in here, ban the Guardian Spirit card granted by all items in the game, not just the Battle Cherub pet.

Interesting Ideas!!

Just to clarify, the Shift Ogre spell can remove one charm and one ward. That is a moon school spell-so you do not have to be in the school of myth, or storm to use this spell.

I think it would be easier to spend three pips on that spell than possibly two shadow pips, and remember we are talking about spells that can only be used ones.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Single use:

* Minion with a deck we could preset, or at least select from various special purposes (healing, defense, buffing, damage, etc)
* Elucidate
* conversion of regular trap to mass
* cleanse-all friends
* preset combination of two spells (such as blade w/ aura, attack with stun, bubble with cleanse, etc)
* reverse turn order

Defender
Mar 28, 2011
Trigger all of your pet's may-cast talents

School trap all (like Windstorm, but with regular school traps; NOT feint or fuel, that would be super OP)

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Balance

Name: Prism Lock

Cost: 3 pips 1 shadow pip

Accuracy: 100%

Type: Single Target Manipulation

Effect: Target cannot cast spells of their school for the next 3 rounds

Description: A powerful single use spell that severely constrains the opponent's offensive and defensive potential for 3 rounds.

Death

Name: Soul Sapper

Effect: Your drain spells ignore opponent's resist for the rest of the duel

Description: A powerful tool that allows death to make better use of it's little used core mechanic.

Fire

Name: Corrosion

Effect: Reduce the pip cost of all spells in your hand by 1

Description: This spell further propels fire's offense, allowing it to create even more impressive combos.

Ice

Name: Crystallize

Effect: Negate next incoming damage spell and return spell's base damage to health.

Description: This spell would be the most powerful defensive spell in the game

Life

Name: Guardian Phalanx

Type: Team Manipulation

Effect: Return Self and all Teammates 20% health when defeated

Description: Single Use, Mass Guardian Spirit

Myth

Name: Circe

Type: Single target Manipulation

Effect: Transform Opponent into Ninja Piggle

Description: A spell that forces the opponent to polymorph. The polymorph maintains all the opponent's stats but only has the spell "Demorph" which costs 3 pips and returns them to their normal state.

Storm

Name: Reverse Polarity

Cost: 3 pips one shadow pip

Type: Single Target Attack

Effect: Deal x Storm Damage to one opponent over 3 rounds. The base damage is equal to (Opponents health-Caster health)

Description: A powerful attack spell that turns Storm's low health state into an advantage while giving Storm access to a long awaited DoT.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Reverse Dark Empower -- trade one yellow & one white for one shadow pip

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
StormyZillas on Feb 21, 2017 wrote:

1) Cleanse that breaks all weakness
^ Winner.

I'd also suggest:

A) Elucidate as a trained enchantment that can be used once per duel.

B) An enchant that adds 3 rounds to, and protects, an aura it enchants.

C) An enchant on a global that blocks the next bubble.

D) Mana Burn that works on Shadow Pips.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I have every school except balance.

Ice - Opposite of fire - many enemies are fire or ice. So it would be nice to have a spell for ice school which does not use ice. Maybe it can use fire instead. Maybe some of the schools can use their opposite: Death for Life and vice versa; Fire for Ice and vice versa. And the spell can be unique in another way (such as the one in my Fire idea.) For Ice maybe a spell that gradually melts the enemy. Ice already has two attack all enemy spells which is nice. (Or is it three?)

Fire - Some type of spell that is not fire school, but that makes an enemy spell hit a random enemy rather than you or your team. I guess it can be fire school but most enemies seem to be fire or ice and it gets old. Be nice to not have to use pets or treasure cards for non fire spells sometimes.

Life - Really really needs an attack all enemy spell. Also if you use my "opposites" idea maybe a spell that makes the next three rounds of enemy spells do as much GOOD as they otherwise would've done HARM. In other words brings LIFE back to MY team courtesy of enemy attack.
Death - Attack all enemies. Not over time but instantly. Can add a final jab to it if you want but most or all the power hits upon use. If using the opposite theme, maybe a charm card that can be used to turn any of my death spells into life spells aimed toward my team.

Myth - Make the enemy dance in a weird way for three rounds while it weakens or gets smaller. Well it's myth and there are a lot of colorful stories out there regarding myths. I would use some of those myth or fairy tales for inspiration on this one.

Storm - Make the enemy act electrocuted while it slowly weakens. And make this special spell never fizzle. Storm fizzles too much.

Thank you!

Defender
Mar 28, 2011
Enchant one aura to make it "all friends" but make it so it won't knock out an aura that is already up.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
School specific suggestion: Give Storm some way to remove shields.