Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dungeon Rudeness

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 05, 2011
I did Mount Olympus with 3 people. They were exceedingly rude to me during the dungeon although I do admit I was kind of a waste. Ihad no good spells, so I tried to blade the people and trap the enemies.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
You did your part. You did what you could.

Teamup is a random draw. People get what they get. Everyone should be polite to everyone else on their team.

If they can't do that then they should not press teamup but should wait and find people they personally select and then wait until they are all available for that dungeon.

Aquila is difficult but there is no need for people to be rude. Sorry that happened to you.

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
Sorry to hear that players are rude like this.

The next time you see players being rude in a dungeon or something try to ignore it and be as helpful as you can so maybe they'll keep quiet.

If they start using bad language by getting around the chat filters then make sure to report them.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. No one needs that from anyone. This game is meant for everyone to have fun and enjoy every experience; not a drama school. Me personally, I just ignore those kind of people and do what i can to help the team. If matters get worse beyond control, you can always flee and find a new team. Those players may moan if you do but don't feel guilty about it. They did it to themselves. If the moaning continues, you can click ignore on their name.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
unfortunately it happens sometimes, sorry for that.

I have a suggestion that might help though; whenever I join a team up with strangers, before the battle starts I tell all how my deck is set (heavy blades, traps, hits, or healer). that way they know how I can be of help and it lets others plan their hits accordingly.

I find that friendly chatting makes a smoother battle and you can make some friends along the way

Explorer
May 09, 2011
Suppose people can't accept the fact that without you it would have taken maybe 2x as long to beat each of the bosses.

Defender
Aug 25, 2014
This is an unfortunate occurrence with team up!

Before I did Darkmoor for the first time I researched all the strategies. When I went through team up I ended up getting in with a group where one of the players got upset and left because of what I was doing, which happened to be part of the strategy, and had no negative effect whatsoever. When I went back in with another team up group I told them what happened, because I wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing, and they laughed about the guy. I've also had people get rude or leave just because I have asked what role they want me to play in the battle.

Some people are naturally rude. Some of them take games way to seriously. I'd love to only go in with patient, friendly, players, but we can't avoid the bad ones when we need to use team up. All we can do is ignore it and carry on.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Some don't wait to chat though is part of the problem. A lot of dungeon teamup people just run ahead as fast as they can go.

If someone will stick around to talk strategy with you instead of doing that, it's a good sign, most of the time, for a dungeon teamup.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I hate it when people run in battle without asking if everyone is ready. Then I get pulled in without getting set up. I like to change shields, maybe decks and delete/add what i need according to what we're up against. Every battle is different and requires different strategy. A successful defeat comes from strategy, patients, communication and above all; teamwork

Survivor
Nov 05, 2011
I did it several more times with other people who were really good and taught me some strategies.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
balance wizard on Feb 13, 2017 wrote:
I did Mount Olympus with 3 people. They were exceedingly rude to me during the dungeon although I do admit I was kind of a waste. Ihad no good spells, so I tried to blade the people and trap the enemies.
Everyone does their part - without those blades and traps, their spells were weaker. I've just experienced this in the Darkmoor Dungeon, through out the dungeon I was giving feints and blades. And as I'm a Death wizard I packed a few "Sacrifices" since we didn't have a Life wiz. ( And they came in handy ).Then at the gate way I got a team up and went in.
First one player wanted to know if there were any max levels in the team. When he found out there were none he was annoyed, then he asked me if I was a hard hitter. Nope, I'm not, really but I told him I had soloed most of Khrys.
"Yeah", he said "except the bosses."
I pointed out that I had soloed some bosses ( like Balor ) Then I said, "If that's not good enough for you, I'll leave and find a team up that wants me."
You need to show you have a pride in your abilities or no one will respect you.

Survivor
Sep 22, 2012
some people are just rude because they think they're "cool" which is false you should team with friends during dungeons they would be less likely to be rude to you.

Survivor
Mar 16, 2012
Rudeness is a unfortunately possibility in a group game like this. You encounter rude people irl and you encounter rude people here. Idk, maybe I'm lucky, but I rarely encounter rude people in team up; but, I have heard horror stories and encountered some nasties myself. It's especially bad if you get in with cocky storms or up tight pvpers who think because that they have a fancy title they are 'better' then you.

All you can do is just keep doing what you can. Ignore them, try and be friendly to them, and if they are still jerks at the end of the battle/dungeon just shrug and move on. There's no point in taking personal offense to these rude people. Most are either bratty kids who always got what they want from mummy and daddy, (these are likely beggar's too,) and expect things to always go their way or bullies who like tearing people down for some sick, odd, amusement.

Now, mind, there is a third type of person one might encounter who is being rude. The bad dayers. Everybody has bad days sometimes and might take it out on someone else without realizing it. Unless they are clearly a troll, a brat, a overconfident jerk, or a bully, it's best to assume they are a person just like you having a bad day. Antagonizing them about it would likely only make their day worse and can end in hurt feelings with maybe even someone reported.

Just got to keep your chin up, and let it roll off your back like water off a duck's back.

Survivor
Sep 05, 2016
Sorry to hear that that you had a bad time.

Sadly, there are some people like that out in this game. I don't know why they are rude in the first place. Maybe they think it's ' cool? ' Which if they do think that, it's false. It's better to be kind than rude.

My advice is to just ignore them. Next time, do dungeons with friends. They are at least kinder then random people that join. Trust me, I know from experience.

-TheLonelySoloDragon