Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Came back after 1 1/2 years

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 23, 2014
I remembered when i used to play Wizard101 so much back then, i bought 19 houses, invested literally thousands and thousands of cash on bundle packs,crowns,pets,and a bunch of my friends were online.Now coming back after 1 1/2 years all my friends have completely stopped playing, the max level has increased??Huh(why would they increase your max level?), the server population is literally dead,and i feel pretty sad about how this game is dying...
Not only does it take forever to load everything,they are now putting out potions that raises you to level 50??
That takes the fun out of the whole game,not mentioning they are also asking for money for everything.
It's pretty annoying that its a buy-to-play game but with the lack of people on the server,there is not much to do,and returning to the game has been a bad experience...

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
sharanex on Feb 10, 2017 wrote:
I remembered when i used to play Wizard101 so much back then, i bought 19 houses, invested literally thousands and thousands of cash on bundle packs,crowns,pets,and a bunch of my friends were online.Now coming back after 1 1/2 years all my friends have completely stopped playing, the max level has increased??Huh(why would they increase your max level?), the server population is literally dead,and i feel pretty sad about how this game is dying...
Not only does it take forever to load everything,they are now putting out potions that raises you to level 50??
That takes the fun out of the whole game,not mentioning they are also asking for money for everything.
It's pretty annoying that its a buy-to-play game but with the lack of people on the server,there is not much to do,and returning to the game has been a bad experience...
Many players will leave the game for a while if they have maxed their wizards level or for various other reasons. Taking a break sometimes makes the game fun again for us. Your friends may still be playing but after not seeing you in the game for an extended amount of time, you may have been removed from their in game friends list.

Why wouldn't the max level increase? That is the point of most games. Server population does drop during the school year but it isn't actually dead.

If you haven't logged into the game in a long time, it does take a long time for it to update and reload all the data.

As for the level 50 elixir, you don't have to use it.

There is actually quite a lot to do. You also might want to switch realms to see where there are more players.

Defender
Aug 25, 2014
DragonLady1818 on Feb 10, 2017 wrote:
Many players will leave the game for a while if they have maxed their wizards level or for various other reasons. Taking a break sometimes makes the game fun again for us. Your friends may still be playing but after not seeing you in the game for an extended amount of time, you may have been removed from their in game friends list.

Why wouldn't the max level increase? That is the point of most games. Server population does drop during the school year but it isn't actually dead.

If you haven't logged into the game in a long time, it does take a long time for it to update and reload all the data.

As for the level 50 elixir, you don't have to use it.

There is actually quite a lot to do. You also might want to switch realms to see where there are more players.
She's spot on. I will add:

A lot of people get upset when games institute shortcuts in leveling. But it must be worth it to these companies if so many of them do it.

There are different times of day that have more players than others. We're you on at the same time as you used to? Player bases go up and down. Its normal and not necessarily a sign that things are dying.

Survivor
Apr 24, 2015
*pay-to-win and I've been playing this game for a while also and I just came back from about 6 years doesn't feel to much different to me.. lol

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
It is quite busy on many of the top alphabetical realms. Not everyone hangs out in the Commons, as they are actually questing more these days.

I take a break once in a while. Even if you did not take that time off, friends move on to other things - games, school, family, etc. Friend lists will change no matter whether you have been playing or not. But, like what DragonLady said, since you haven't played in so long, they needed to remove you to add others who are currently playing.

The level 50 potion is expensive, but convenient for those that have many wizards and do not want to play the first arc a zillion times (slight exaggeration, LOL). KI had a sale on the potion the other day and I tried one on my L10 Death wizard on my 2nd account. Very convenient and you get awesome gear to get you started in Celestia.

Welcome back

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
I don't get why you're so shocked by the level cap increasing.
The players who beat the game need an update. The game can't be stuck on one max level forever. That'd be horrible for KI and the players.

Level 50 elixir is for the players who want to skip the first arc of the game for whatever reason. In my opinion the idea is quite silly.

The friends of yours who used to play might have gotten over the game or just are tied up with other things. There isn't really a way to get them back. And since you've been inactive for a long time they probably removed you.

All you have to do is check around, move to more popular realms like Ambrose and you'll find many players.

Finally, welcome back to Wizard101!