Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Grady sells new spells, but not all schools

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 10, 2012
Found out that you can craft new permanent spells sold by Grady. Fire -Hephaestus, Storm - Calypso, Myth - Athena Battle Sight. But where are the new ones for a Life, Death, Ice and Balance? Checked with Master Yan Kan Kook and he isn't selling any new ones.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
KI releases them in threes, not sevens. There isn't an equal number of spells for all schools. Before the Aquila spells were released, Balance had 3 spells, and didn't need a new one. But Fire only had 2, and as such did. There's a somewhat balance maintained (one school wouldn't have 2 while another has 7), but it's not perfect.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Darkmage1812 on Feb 2, 2017 wrote:
Found out that you can craft new permanent spells sold by Grady. Fire -Hephaestus, Storm - Calypso, Myth - Athena Battle Sight. But where are the new ones for a Life, Death, Ice and Balance? Checked with Master Yan Kan Kook and he isn't selling any new ones.
You can check the following links to see what spell recipes Grady and Master Yan Kan Kook sell.

Grady:
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/NPC:Grady#axzz4XZFXLOlC

Master Yan Kan Kook:
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/NPC:Grady#axzz4XZFXLOlC

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Not that I have anything to add in regards to spells, but this thread reminded me of how much I laughed the first time I came across Master Yan Kan Kook. I used to frequently watch "Wok With Yan" when I was a teenager. I remember the anticipation waiting for him to add the ginger root to his recipes.

I don't know how many recipes actually had ginger root, just for some reason it seems like all of them did.