Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 Unpopular Opinions

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 20, 2012
Do you have any opinions about something in Wizard101 that most people don't? Share them here! My unpopular opinion is that Zafaria is an amazing world (I've heard many, many people say it is among their least favorites) and I didn't really enjoy Avalon that much (Everyone says it's amazing). If someone has an opinion that you don't agree with, don't be mean to them. Everyone is allowed to have their own opinion .

- Fred Death Lvl 80

Explorer
Oct 01, 2011
I used to hate Zafaria but that was because i quested it when there were multiple "collect 10 from greyhorn mercenary" with either one or none dropping each battle. After raising my main to max and playing through on a new Wiz, i actually really like a lot of things about Zafaria now that I can focus on the good stuff.

Personally my favourites are Polaris and, oddly, Wysteria.
Polaris for the sheer number of references and Wysteria for the amount of information it gave on future worlds. Characters from Mirage and Avalon, as well as enemies from Avalon and maybe even Khrysalis with the "green men" looking oddly like the sassafras men from Moon cliffs.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Well many players dislike side quests and opted to ignore them, I on the other hand like and do them all o:

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
My unpopular opinion would probably come as no surprise to anybody who's seem many of my posts, but I like content that doesn't require full team play. I dual box, so my preference is content that isn't extremely time consuming with less than three wizards. For whatever reason that really seems to bother some people.

Delver
Dec 15, 2009
Actually, many, many people like Zafaria, but only for its scenery. If you've ever heard someone say they hate Zafaria, it's most likely because of the millions of collect x quests, but thats been nerfed so it's fine now.

Survivor
Jan 19, 2015
Two of my favorite worlds are Khrysalis and Marleybone. I've never had an issue getting pulled into battles in Marleybone, and I really love the music and darker atmosphere. As for Khrysalis, I know this isn't one of the more hated worlds, but I still see tons of complaints about the 1v3 battles and cheating story bosses (see next paragraph for more on that). I guess my favorite thing about the world is how it kind of reminds me of a megaman game, the way you fight six major bosses throughout (apart from Morganthe), then have to face all 6 of them again right before the final battle.

Also, I'm definitely a fan of cheating bosses. Good boss battles are the highlight of any game for me, and the regular bosses in this game are all kind of same-y. Apart from putting in prisms for same school bosses, you pretty much use the same strategy each time. I love how a cheating boss forces you to adapt and change your strategy, it keeps things fresh and exciting.

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
I'm a "completionist," so I'm with Star Edward - I like to finish EVERYTHING! I just can't help it, the little exclamation points call my name. Plus, if I don't help the poor townspeople, who will? ;)

Another unpopular opinion would probably be that I think derby is fun. Most people I meet either don't like it or don't care about it.

~Vanessa Mythdust

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
I take time to listen to what NPCs say after you accept their quest and they get a grey question mark.

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
Transformations!

Transformations are so underrated these days. I fell in love with them after you got the dancer transformation before you headed into Thieves Den! :D

Just a side note, you can get the dancer transformation from Destro-Uctor in Istanboa. He has a cool potion shop you might wanna check out. :P

Survivor
Dec 30, 2013
My unpopular opinion?

Well, that would have to be my opinion that Derby is one of the best parts and most exciting aspects of the game! Really wish KI would promote it more and give people more incentive to play...

Survivor
Jan 04, 2010
I just do not like PVP. I have found the competitiveness to become nasty and not enjoyable.
I was brought up to beleive in "well played, mate" and being both a gracious winner or loser.
I don't find that in PVP.

Defender
Nov 21, 2013
I think the spell animations have become way too long and mounts have become way too large and visually obstructive. I love the short and simple spells like Efreet, Seraph, Minotaur, Judgement, Phoenix, Storm Shark, Scarecrow, and so on. I also think the majority of Ice and Life spells look awful. I'd probably enjoy Ice a lot if it weren't for those animations...

Explorer
Dec 08, 2010
average moe on Feb 4, 2017 wrote:
I take time to listen to what NPCs say after you accept their quest and they get a grey question mark.
Same! They say such funny things sometimes!

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
I enjoy exalted PvP the best. Some people complain about unpredictability, but that's the thing I like about it.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I dislike the pet training. A lot.
Most people do not seem to mind it.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2012
Khrysalis is my absolute favorite world, and I found it's length and difficulty to be fun.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
i'm with high five ghost~ i like when team play is optional, rather than forced.

as for unpopular opinions, well...

1) long cheat battles have no place in the main quest line;
2) long cheat dungeons that hold the best gear hostage are not truly optional;
3) i don't care for pvp, the second arc was awful, and mally was innocent!

-von

38 (2nd age pvp knight!)