Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Make bubbles great again!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 01, 2014
Most people resort to using blades, auras, traps, I see very little people use bubbles. That's why I thought of a new bubble spell (or it could be edited from the original ones)

similar to the other bubbles, they provide bonuses
but also provide a weakness

Here is one for fire:

+12% fire damage
+4% fire pierce
+13% fire critical

weakness: -15% outgoing ice damage

I would like this idea because bubbles are rarely seen, and not only would this type of bubble be used for offensive attack, but also weaken opposing elements.

Defender
Nov 10, 2015
yeah I use my bubble all the time but I'm ice so its a good excuse

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
First I'd like to see all schools get decent bubbles. Death's bubble is almost useless outside of PvP, and Balance's is just useless. I think it might be more interesting if each school could train a damage bubble and a 'utility' bubble, that boosts or diminishes something other than damage, like Doom or Sanctuary.

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
Maybe the new bubbles could have secondary effects?

Fire: +15% fire damage +5% fire critical +1 round to damage over time
Ice: +15% ice damage +20% stun resistance -20% critical
Storm: +15% storm damage +5% storm critical +20% storm pierce
Life: +15% life damage +10% healing +15% curse resistance [chance for any negative charms placed on you to not be placed]
Myth: +15% myth damage +10% myth pierce -20% stun resistance
Death: +15% death damage -20% healing -65% damage from self-damage spells -10% critical block
Balance: +20% balance damage +10% power pip chance +10% to all blades and traps

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Alex Firepyre on Jan 28, 2017 wrote:
Most people resort to using blades, auras, traps, I see very little people use bubbles. That's why I thought of a new bubble spell (or it could be edited from the original ones)

Here is one for fire:

+12% fire damage
+4% fire pierce
+13% fire critical

I would like this idea because bubbles are rarely seen, and not only would this type of bubble be used for offensive attack, but also weaken opposing elements.
I actually like this idea!

I use bubbles particularly in lengthily boss battles but for new versions of the spell that adds these unique twist to it I think would be great.

You didn't add the pip cost, so I will for you :)

Given all it's effects, 5-6 Pips sounds like a fair tradeoff.

Also, the original scenery for Global Spells looked much better and dynamic than they do now. Why was this changed?

Explorer
Oct 01, 2011
Personally I use bubbles in specific fights only, like bosses that remove blades or I expect to have to hit multiple times.
Really the question is, when clearing a single hit fight, why bubble when I could get MORE damage for no pips and end up being able to cast an extra spell if needed.
Most of the time if i need a bubble I would want the newer bubbles with pierce and crit for blasting through towers and other shields

As for the new bubbles, a debuff bubble sounds kinda cool, like a damage doom and gloom, dunno if boosting other stats would be broken or not.
What would Balance get? Maybe this bubble could cost 3 pips and a Shadow pip? would be interesting to have a shadow utility spell
The same issue remains sadly, there is no need to use this vs anyone thats not a boss with some cheats or high health

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Alex Firepyre on Jan 28, 2017 wrote:

Here is one for fire:

+12% fire damage
+4% fire pierce
+13% fire critical

There are already new bubble (Global Spells) in the game.

Here is the link to "Combustion" ::

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Combustion#axzz4XBVFJ6hx

There are others as well based on School.

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
Depends on your style of play.

I use bubbles quite often.

I use Age of Reckoning a lot. I see a lot of people using the new bubbles, like Age of Reckoning, Astrophobia and all the other new bubbles.

Other wise I never see the original bubbles being used. I think we could use new ones. Like the one you suggested, but all the schools would have one suited to it too.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Star Edward on Jan 28, 2017 wrote:
I actually like this idea!

I use bubbles particularly in lengthily boss battles but for new versions of the spell that adds these unique twist to it I think would be great.

You didn't add the pip cost, so I will for you :)

Given all it's effects, 5-6 Pips sounds like a fair tradeoff.

Also, the original scenery for Global Spells looked much better and dynamic than they do now. Why was this changed?

The newer bubbles (Global) that are in the game now with Pierce and Crit are 4 pips to cast. You also have to be level 97 to train it.

The various global spells are listed here:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:Global_Spells#axzz4XGZMEvXA

Defender
Nov 14, 2015
sKochiya on Jan 28, 2017 wrote:
Maybe the new bubbles could have secondary effects?

Fire: +15% fire damage +5% fire critical +1 round to damage over time
Ice: +15% ice damage +20% stun resistance -20% critical
Storm: +15% storm damage +5% storm critical +20% storm pierce
Life: +15% life damage +10% healing +15% curse resistance [chance for any negative charms placed on you to not be placed]
Myth: +15% myth damage +10% myth pierce -20% stun resistance
Death: +15% death damage -20% healing -65% damage from self-damage spells -10% critical block
Balance: +20% balance damage +10% power pip chance +10% to all blades and traps
i love these o: