Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 1-27-17

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hi Wizards! Another week has passed, and it's now time for feedback!

This week, let's talk about that transition screen. You know, the one that appears for a little bit between areas or switching realms with the boy and girl Wizard? We want to know - if you were going to change that transition screen, what would it look like? Who or what would appear there? Would it stay the same throughout the spiral and the year or change more often?

Have a spectacular Friday and splendid weekend everyone!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!Save

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Oct 09, 2014
I would love to have our Ravenwood/Arcanum faculty, different worlds, or villains.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2010
It would be interesting to see the main characters of each world featured at random. Ex: Artorious in Avalon, Merle in Wizard City, etc. Having their designs change during certain holidays would be neat as well.

Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
i say put the ending scene of dragonspyre after you complete the first arc the ending scene of khrysalis after you complete the second arc

Community Leader
Holidays & Seasons - I always wanted brand new transition screens. I love Pirate101's Christmas ones. I always wanted seasonal and holiday ones for each season as well as every holiday. I can imagine Halloween with the evil veggies and bunny. Easter with the egg pets.

Battles - Also random cool ones of wizards in duel against all major foes of each major arc such as Malistaire, Morganthe, even Old Cob in cool locations.

World Pictures - It would also be neat to have pictures of already released worlds we haven't seen yet.

Funny ones - I love Cyrus Drake with hair haha. The King Crab of Crab Alley with his guitar and microphone. The cute pets in their chairs next to the doctor in the Hatchery.

Memorable ones - Young Morganthe. Turning into a raven. Morganthe and her Mammoths haha. The aliens you meet in Celestia. The cute pigs of Wysteria. B.O.X.E.S that showed a taste of Pirate101. Dragonspyre's dragon ride. Wintertusk's Frost Giant. Just random moments that that will make you go, "oh wow yea I forgot about that!" or "gosh that was great!"

All of them basically are great wallpapers that you would use for your own computer.

Need help with Zeke, Packs, Pets, Gear? Stars of the Spiral has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Exactly what Kelsey said above.

It would be nice to see these implemented as soon as possible.

We are ALL tired of the same loading screen at every instance.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Maybe some that are specific to each world, or area, or door perhaps. A different one on every door would be a bit tiresome, but I'd love to see every professor/scholar have their own design when you enter their room.

Defender
Nov 10, 2015
I think there should be a theme for every world. Like Avalon would have a wizard slaying a dragon

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
I'd like to see some of the significant characters, locations, or events from the main plot of the story.

Like the dragon's roost in dragonspyre, the lady of the lake, a 4 v 4 duel, among other things.

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
Add a loading bar, to show the progress of the load.

Survivor
Jan 07, 2010
I think there should be loading screen art contests with certain themes y'all create based on recent updates! For example there could've been a Mirage loading screen art contest that has the loading screen created by fans and the winners can get rewards and have their art as a loading screen! The loading screen could alternate between multiple winners and honorable mentions. These could last maybe a year or just until a big update comes that just NEEDS to have a new contest. This would be a fun way to get the community involved

Survivor
Jan 18, 2014
If I could, I would make it so that each world has it's own transition image.

Survivor
Apr 16, 2012
I think for each area there should be a picture for a famous boss in that area. For example: Khrysalis would have morganthe. Polaris would have rasputin. Marley bone would have meowiarty. Dragonspyre would have malistare. Mooshu would have Jade Oni or one if the Onis. etc. If you read this please follow my twitter!!

Defender
Nov 14, 2015
David SandSword on Jan 28, 2017 wrote:
I think there should be loading screen art contests with certain themes y'all create based on recent updates! For example there could've been a Mirage loading screen art contest that has the loading screen created by fans and the winners can get rewards and have their art as a loading screen! The loading screen could alternate between multiple winners and honorable mentions. These could last maybe a year or just until a big update comes that just NEEDS to have a new contest. This would be a fun way to get the community involved
um YES PLEASE, i love this idea, also for christmas ones you could have people send them in art contest form about 1-2 weeks prior to releasing the events, like 2 weeks before christmas event you could hold a contest and in that case you could use about 3 or 4 of the submissions that you guys deem best and just redraw them with cgi or make them 2D so that you could use them just to make them more smoothed out and tag their wizard name at the bottom right as a signature

Survivor
Jun 14, 2016
I think that it should be, Malistare, Morganthe, and Old Cob on the left side and on the right side its Merle, KIng Artorius, and the emperor from mooshu on the right. In the middle it would be the boy and girl wizard with some sort of magical aura around them facing the direction of the 3 main antagonists.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Professor Falmea on Jan 27, 2017 wrote:

This week, let's talk about that transition screen. You know, the one that appears for a little bit between areas or switching realms with the boy and girl Wizard? We want to know - if you were going to change that transition screen, what would it look like? Who or what would appear there? Would it stay the same throughout the spiral and the year or change more often?

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!Save
Two words.

CONCEPT ART!!

A nice concept art of dueling on the rooftops for Marleybone, or fighting some battle mage draconian in Dragon Spyre.

I have to say, this game would improve 1000% just for changing the loading screens!! It would give a warmer feeling to the game.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
It would be interesting to have a different transition screen each time you transition. Then you can use a lot more of the good ideas I'm seeing here.

Something interesting would be for the transition screen to show an image, like one of Cyrus Drake, and a fun fact about the thing shown in the image.

Survivor
May 01, 2010
I agree with basically every response in this thread. Excellent ideas!
However, I would love if potential new loading screens had the same art style as the current one, or even concept art from previous worlds.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2014
Depending on the world your in different characters and bosses from the world into the loading screen.

Survivor
Feb 22, 2013
I think it'd be cool to have wizards sitting in their respective school classrooms, with other wizards in the desks around them, and their teacher teaching at the front of the classroom. We've never gotten the full school approach with Ravenwood, so I think that would add a nice touch to make the game seem a little bit more realistic.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Maybe a curtain that opened or a screen that became more transparent.

Hard to tell as it is now, when it's about to open up.

Anything as long as it is not too bright. Too bright (like Dragonspyre) hurts my eyes. Literally.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Professor Falmea on Jan 27, 2017 wrote:

Well, I'm thinking it should change quite more, and the sequences should often switch from page turning to fading out and fading into the game, glass shattering, often times, melting, rotating while transitioning to the game, with speeds ranging from slow to fast each time this occurs, square tiles falling fast, & maybe even on occasions, have it dangling and fall to the ground & break apart, like someone accidentally knocked it down.

There should also be some new art images that changes each time this occurs, such as moments with Merle Ambrose and his pet, the Ravenwood professors, Bartleby, Grandmother Raven, some amazing inhabitants for each world in the Spiral, the Arcanum Scholars, a "Heroes of the Spiral!" poster, a "Villains of the Spiral!" poster(including those from side stories & dungeon zones), a poster about the current Spiral with every world in it so far, pictures about our favorite characters in the worlds, like Ivan, Lady of the Lake, the Aquila Immortals, and through finding Skeleton Key bosses, new images about them, including Bellosh, Lambent Fire, Billy the Cutter, Omen Stribog, Ra, In'Zhizor, Temple Phantom, Takanobu, Krampus(for the holidays), Ixcax Cursedwing, Aphrodite Two, & Bunferatu, with more added as time goes by.

I'm certain some who have seen it since W101 launched are getting sick of looking at that same old image each time, but, just to be safe, remember to keep that as part of the new "Loading..." image rotation, so it can be seen once in a while, never to get rid of it.

Well, those are my suggestions to how this can be implemented. Hope these get made sometime soon.

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
I would love to see some concept art that you guys have come up with over the years and maybe new stuff that you guys are working on. Also maybe tips?

Survivor
Apr 05, 2011
A screen related to the world you are in or going to for each world. Something dealing with home when going to a dorm room or house. The screen should be consistent with the world you are in when going into a dungeon.

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
Okay, I have 2 ideas.

First idea: The setting would be in Ravenwood in front of Bartelby, like next to the temporary Balance teacher, but he wont be in the shot. There would be seven wizards all symbolizing the seven schools. Like for example if the Death school was a wizard that would be the wizard in the shot. Like I see this wizard and the first thing that comes into my mind is that particular school the wizard is in. Of course Wizard101 would be written on top. And you could see Bartelby with the Eye of history.

Second idea: It would a shot of Grandfather Spider. It would be a dark setting. You would see him with his staff. It looks like he would be using magic because his staff is glowing. His eyes would be glowing of course.

^-^