Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Playing as a fire wizard

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 21, 2011
While playing Wizard 101, I notice that I am always worse than everybody else in every stat, even worse than lower levels. I play as a fire wizard. I notice that other schools such as ice, storm, myth and balance always seem to do much better than me

Please help!

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Fire struggles in the beginning but usually, by the time you reach level 45-50 you will be able to get near perfect accuracy. Your damage will be second only to Storm, but you'll have an ability they lack: the Damage over Time spells. You won't be stopped by shields the way that Storm often is. Also, because your accuracy will be nearly perfect, you'll have a much easier time than Ice and Myth, who will fizzle more often than you. Furthermore, you will have more damage ability than Balance, Ice or Life; and you'll have access to Attacks on Everyone (AoE) spells long before Life or Death gets them.

You put all of this together and Fire ends up having a lot of potential, even in PvP.

Beyond that, the secret to success is in getting the best gear you can, and hatching pets to help your wizard.

Hang in there,

Alia Misthaven
Rowan Ashcloud

Survivor
May 21, 2011
Freshta on Feb 11, 2017 wrote:
Fire struggles in the beginning but usually, by the time you reach level 45-50 you will be able to get near perfect accuracy. Your damage will be second only to Storm, but you'll have an ability they lack: the Damage over Time spells. You won't be stopped by shields the way that Storm often is. Also, because your accuracy will be nearly perfect, you'll have a much easier time than Ice and Myth, who will fizzle more often than you. Furthermore, you will have more damage ability than Balance, Ice or Life; and you'll have access to Attacks on Everyone (AoE) spells long before Life or Death gets them.

You put all of this together and Fire ends up having a lot of potential, even in PvP.

Beyond that, the secret to success is in getting the best gear you can, and hatching pets to help your wizard.

Hang in there,

Alia Misthaven
Rowan Ashcloud
Since I made that post I have become level 61. I'm having a jolly old time but I can't farm waterworks for the good gear and stuff. What do I do when I can't get said good gear?

Defender
Dec 06, 2009
Work through Wintertusk and the gear recipes there are supposed to be nearly as good as waterworks. Not having the patience to farm Waterworks, that is the gear I used until I could craft Avalon gear. Between the Wintertusk items and the bazaar I was able to get good enough gear to keep me going without complaint.