Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best place to fish for Executioner Fish

AuthorMessage
Delver
Apr 20, 2011
Help!
I have been trying desperately to craft the Darkmoor death deck for my wiz. I have only managed to catch one executioner fish in Darkmoor and that was over four months ago. It is really, really, frustrating esp since my life wiz caught her fish in just a few attempts. Can anyone tell me the best place to fish for these Death Fish? Darkmoor always seems to have very few fish and Wizard City only seems to give me common fish. Also does fishing luck elixer help boost your chances of catching the fish you want or just any fish in general?
Thanks for all your help guys
Alura Raventhorn
Lvl 114

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Enlightened One on Jan 22, 2017 wrote:
Help!
I have been trying desperately to craft the Darkmoor death deck for my wiz. I have only managed to catch one executioner fish in Darkmoor and that was over four months ago. It is really, really, frustrating esp since my life wiz caught her fish in just a few attempts. Can anyone tell me the best place to fish for these Death Fish? Darkmoor always seems to have very few fish and Wizard City only seems to give me common fish. Also does fishing luck elixer help boost your chances of catching the fish you want or just any fish in general?
Thanks for all your help guys
Alura Raventhorn
Lvl 114
Castle Darkmoor is the only place to catch it.

Do you have all of the fishing spells? If so, my suggestion is to cast Winnow Rank 2. Then cast Reveal Fish School to look for Death fish. You could cast Winnow Death Fish as well, but it costs 8 energy whereas Reveal Fish School only costs 3. The ExecuShiner is the only Rank 2 Death fish in that pond, so that's what you'll find if you see any Death fish.

If there aren't any, or after you've caught any that are there, cast Summon Fish and repeat. That's the quickest way to find them without wasting all of your energy catching other fish.

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
High Five Ghost on Jan 24, 2017 wrote:
Castle Darkmoor is the only place to catch it.

Do you have all of the fishing spells? If so, my suggestion is to cast Winnow Rank 2. Then cast Reveal Fish School to look for Death fish. You could cast Winnow Death Fish as well, but it costs 8 energy whereas Reveal Fish School only costs 3. The ExecuShiner is the only Rank 2 Death fish in that pond, so that's what you'll find if you see any Death fish.

If there aren't any, or after you've caught any that are there, cast Summon Fish and repeat. That's the quickest way to find them without wasting all of your energy catching other fish.
Thanks so much for this info!
I haven't heard of the Winnow fishing Spell which fishing vendoe is it available from? And where can I get summon fish?
Thanks for the help :)

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Enlightened One on Jan 24, 2017 wrote:
Thanks so much for this info!
I haven't heard of the Winnow fishing Spell which fishing vendoe is it available from? And where can I get summon fish?
Thanks for the help :)
Summon Fish is sold by Frode Silverscale in Grizzleheim, and Winnow Rank 2 is the reward for completing the fishing quests in Mooshu.