Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 1-20-17

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Once again folks, it's Friday, so let's discuss another topic of interest, shall we?

Today, I'd like to ask an oldie, but a goodie - what's your favorite pet and why? I know we've asked this before, but since then, we've added a ton of pets to the game. Is your favorite something new, perhaps from Mirage or the Ghulture's Hoard pack? Or, has your favorite little buddy been with you for many years? We want to know...

Wondrous weekends and fantastical Fridays Wizards!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!SaveSave

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Otis. He is my pet Snowball.

I like Otis because he has the Snowball Barrage Spell and I like it because it's fun and basically is an Ice Windstorm + weak Blizzard (and is only 3 pips)!

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
Happy Friday, Professor Falmea!

My favorite pet is the Maple Moose. Anyone who knows me is aware of my odd obsession with moose (it's a bit of a problem actually). Any moose pets, mounts, items, etc... will always be my favorite! Still waiting for the return of that Chrismoose mount from awhile ago though. ;)

I hope today's KI Live goes well! Have a great weekend.

~Vanessa Mythdust

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
What's my favorite pet?

Frankie Forearms is one of my favorites
- I like his appearance.
- but sadly, his look can't be replicated through hatching

Ladybug is another favorite pet
- because my niece loves ladybugs and has this pet on her wizard

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Enchanted Armament. Since I can stack on an extra sharpened blade, questing becomes way easier.

Survivor
Dec 11, 2013
My favorite pet is my judgement pet, reason why is because she is my only ultra pet. I would love to train others up to ultra. However the cost of feeding and going through the same old pet training games that I am sure most really don't care for outside the maze, follow the notes, or ready aim fire. I don't see many doing the ninja game, nor the catch the falling food! seriously? New games like two wizards face off playing checkers, each jump is a free pet snack, a "king me" is a double point snack. Winner is crowns up to 5000. Loser 500. the pet races move into fast track, muddy track or rainy track, you choose the weather, competers and course size. Most of all the pet stores carry more foods than just low cast. One other thing I would love see happen is a change in how many pets you can hatch with, instead of two wizards make it up to six!

Defender
Apr 06, 2013
Professor Falmea on Jan 20, 2017 wrote:
Once again folks, it's Friday, so let's discuss another topic of interest, shall we?

Today, I'd like to ask an oldie, but a goodie - what's your favorite pet and why? I know we've asked this before, but since then, we've added a ton of pets to the game. Is your favorite something new, perhaps from Mirage or the Ghulture's Hoard pack? Or, has your favorite little buddy been with you for many years? We want to know...

Wondrous weekends and fantastical Fridays Wizards!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!SaveSave
Though I don't own any of these pets listed, I like the soulful knight, because it has great talents and it is a bit cute. I also think that the chieftain's owl is a great pet and suits more for a life wiz.

Alejandro

Survivor
Oct 21, 2012
My favorite is the Icedactyl. It's overall very balanced for both pve and pvp for Thaumaturges since it offers the extra blade which is useful in pvp and pve as well as tower shield and an extra card.

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
Enchanted Armament because of the item card. The first-gen talents are meh but some of them are good and you can cross more useful talents from your school pets.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2010
My favorite will always be my Ruby Shenlong Dragon. I'm a fan of dragons, and my dragon heals me, and gives me a fire blade at times, plus i've had him for so long, i don't plan on giving him up

Survivor
May 01, 2016
I think that the the solo battles with 3 VS1 obattling that's kind of hard and stuff and also maybe it is like in Craigslist you again the beginning you could have some help for like the questions solo ones you can get one person to help you so that makes it a lot easier that's what I might be back is about it. And get for the spell quest that's kind of hard trying to get to the trying to get to the with the the Azteca spell

Survivor
Dec 29, 2008
i love polar cat, so beatiful, and give a balance blade.

Survivor
Sep 18, 2012
I am a bit old fashioned

I have pets that I hatched years ago and trained them to a good level with epic abilities. I love the new pets but so far have no need to get them. I am sticking with my Harpy, Rain Beetle, Life Minotaur, Fire Gnome combinations

Survivor
Jul 04, 2012
I tend to be very loyal to my pets once I get one that has great abilities for the Wizard using it. No matter what pet it is, I try to breed in a heal, proof, defy and some sort of strengthening talents. Then I jewel socket it for whatever is missing from the mix.

Of all the pets I have trained and used, I absolutely love the Yeti pets from Polaris. I expected NOTHING since the Timberline Yeti was easily obtainable by simply purchasing it. I was stunned when I leveled up the Timberline Yetis for both my Life Wizards - GREAT talents for a Life! Then I worked on the Wildwood Yeti and they have been my best Death pets yet!

The only one that has been a bit disappointing is the one that is the most difficult to obtain - the Ice Mountain Yeti. Have yet to be able to breed in the talents I want for Ice.

On a completely different note, since these are not pets I use, but are pets I have (in my Wizarding World, EVERYBODY works, including pets, animated creatures and mounts!) in and around my garden, I adore the Snowhopper Bunnies (just too cute for words) and those crazy Royal Ibis pets! They are like watching Groucho Marx on speed. Have you ever taken the time to watch them? They are HYSTERICALLY funny! I laugh every time I see them.

I am glad you brought up pets. PLEASE KINGSISLE, STOP issuing Fire and Balance pets with NO HEALS! What's next, Storm pets that don't heal? Low HP Wizards require healing. I love the Road Hog and some of the Balance Squirrel pets, but without heals they are useless to me.

Regards,
Suzanne

Explorer
Nov 05, 2011
My favorite pet will always be the Ice Wyvern, because I love their design and it's one of my favorite spells too. I've pretty much fell in love with the Ice Wyvern pet the day I got it.

Amber HawkSong 97

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
For sheer game mechanics, I'll agree with sKochiya. The Enchanted Armament is an incredible pet. Sharpened Blade enchants from pets stack very well. Great stats and Spell-Proof talent make even a first generation pet very desirable.

For appearance, the Snowhoppers pet is so kawaii that I nearly explode. Their tail wiggling dance, the "there, there" pat on the back one gives the other when they miss a dance move, and their occasional snuggly nap are remarkably well done.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2013
My favorite pet of all is the Black Cat. They were my first good universal pets, and most of them spam their "may casts" (fairy, healing current, unicorn, pierce, balance blade) for me. I also think they are the most playful acting. The card is not the most useful however.

I also like the Yeti's-I have all of them, and like them for their cuteness and the blade.

Pets like Judgment and her hybrids, Seraphs, etc. are also favorites, but they are not very amenable to getting either good talents and/or the body type back. I gave up on these being useful as pets, plus most of their cards are not the best. I prefer blades on pets.

I don't like the new Wurm pets at all. Even if they gave 5 stackable blades.

Defender
Nov 14, 2015
Fav pet? a turtle of course, everyone says it's super cute, and they have pretty decent stuff, i have some for dmg and some for healing, but you can always train pets, but besides turtles i like the shield and sword ones, armaments or whatever, altho if you do make more pets, can i please get a purple "starlight urtle", just my personal name for em, feel free to use it, make it like majenta or something, like amethyst, a light purple, or even ones for each school, a myth turtle sounds amazing

Survivor
Aug 29, 2016
I think the best that have the best abilities and power, strength,speed and etc. Also it can be the most cute, cool, sentimental value, and etc. I think the best is the turtle. First he looks like a wise pet.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Administrator
Great feedback everyone! We're always making new pets, so we'll keep this feedback in mind for the future. A new topic shall be appearing shortly...

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea