Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Critical hit keeps going down

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 15, 2014
Hello! I'm here to explain a bug in the game that is quite inconvenient and hopefully you notice. My wizard has 293 critical rating for storm. Now 2 weeks ago, that was 48%. It said that my critical hit was 48% overall. The next day I checked it and it said 46%! I was a bit confused and went to check if all my gear was the same and it was. Yesterday I checked and it was 45%! At this point I figured I've been doing something wrong, and I just did not buy any gear or change it and waited until the next day, (which is today) to see if it weakened, and sure enough it did. 41%! What's going on here? Dworgyn please explain if this is a bug or I'm doing something causing the percent to go down

Thanks! Blake DarkBreaker archmage diviner

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Critical percentage goes down as you level up over 50. The penalty is 1% for every 10 levels over 50 and that is on each item.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
Have you leveled up at all during this time? with the latest change to critical percentages, the higher your level the lower your critical percentage drops (even with same gear equipped).
If you haven't leveled up at all, then it sounds like a problem.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
There is a way Critical could be saved but it would mean a change that many may not like until they get used to it. Otherwise, that system is going down faster than anything ever has in this game.

Right now your wizards are stronger in Crit at level 110 than at higher levels even if your wizard is wearing the same gear. Myself, I would rather KI revamp this with a Base Crit and let our wizards grow from there. Most players are going to be upset until they get used to it, but in the long run, It is either that or lose crit altogether. Hopefully, if that happens, the mobs and bosses will also lose it.

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?478142-New-mechanic-for-Critical-Block

Defender
Jan 15, 2014
I have leveled up a lot. Thank you for telling me what's happening

Defender
Apr 06, 2013
SilverbackMonkey on Jan 19, 2017 wrote:
Have you leveled up at all during this time? with the latest change to critical percentages, the higher your level the lower your critical percentage drops (even with same gear equipped).
If you haven't leveled up at all, then it sounds like a problem.
Basically what he said.

Alejandro