Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

B.O.X.E.S Challenge

AuthorMessage
Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
What does everyone think of the B.O.X.E.S. challenge?

What are your strategies for it?

What are your experiences with it?

I tried it for the first time today.

I hit 'team up.'

A person was part of the team who was a high level player. They refused to let anyone else hit. They barely were convinced to even let everyone in the circle be active before they would use a spell to kill all enemies in a single round.

"I just want to help people" they said - but if the "people" themselves are asking to be allowed to play, is that "helping?" No one was a low level. We all could've played.

I think if the others in the team want to just rush through that's fine. But if they want to play, let them play.

We get better points and drops if we can play too.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
SparkleTude on Jan 13, 2017 wrote:
What does everyone think of the B.O.X.E.S. challenge?

What are your strategies for it?

What are your experiences with it?

I tried it for the first time today.

I hit 'team up.'

A person was part of the team who was a high level player. They refused to let anyone else hit. They barely were convinced to even let everyone in the circle be active before they would use a spell to kill all enemies in a single round.

"I just want to help people" they said - but if the "people" themselves are asking to be allowed to play, is that "helping?" No one was a low level. We all could've played.

I think if the others in the team want to just rush through that's fine. But if they want to play, let them play.

We get better points and drops if we can play too.
Hitting isn't really important. But not being active in the duel before it ends would cost people their drops. That's not very cool of them to do that.

But that's one of the pitfalls of Team Up. Everybody has a different idea of what "helping" is. I've done Team Up where the people I joined, that's what they wanted from me. They wouldn't join the duels, they'd just wait for me to kill the enemies so that they could progress through the dungeon without doing anything.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2010
the fact that its gone this long with no new boxes events for higher levels in other worlds is part of the problem. if we max levels had things available to us at our own levels, there would be no team up frustration for anyone. that's just my opinion

Explorer
Dec 08, 2010
I usually just to the B.O.X.E.S. alone, even though this can make it more difficult. When needed, I'll buy a couple of henchmen (especially on the final boss in the Avalon B.O.X.) to help me heal and attack. Sounds like you were with a really weird player on that one, so I must apologize! Hopefully we can all avoid such occurrences in the future.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
The 5 B.O.X.E.S event is a nice addition to the games. It reminds me of Doctor Who and his tardis and the music is awesome; very similar to the opening theme. I love it when I visit the professor's past and learned how they came to Ravenwood as our teachers. I'm hoping KI will make a 6Th box quest.

SparkleTube, I feel your frustrations. I hate it when people do that. It's not called helping, it's doing the quest for you which takes the fun out of the game. When that happens to me, I port out of there and find a another team.

Have Fun!

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
You all made really really good points and posted supportive things. I am very appreciative of your posts! Thank you!

I will take the advice too. I still have other wizards to complete the event with. I will port out if anything strange or uncomfortable happens again. I will try to solo it on a different wizard, too.

Good point about having higher level dungeons and things for the max players.

Players like yourselves are a bit part of why I this community! Thank you!

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
P.S. I finally could afford to buy a pogo stick. Then I realized it was 60,000 gold just for its recipe! Lol

It will take a while to accrue all the ingredients. First I will have to make room in my backpacks. Then I will take a look at the list of things I need to find. But eventually I will have the pogo stick. I thought I'd have to wait until next holidays for another tardis (exactly!) event.

It's fun, and by the way too, I tried it again on a different wizard. This time the group was so low key. It was awesome :)