Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Nalia and Mirage, Inconsitancy in story?

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
I fully admit that I'm not yet at the part of the story where I get to go to Mirage, so if what I say here is better explained in Mirage, please forgive this post.
In Wysteria we meet a competing wizard from Mirage, Nalia Dunestrider, who says that Mirage is "an oasis in a desert of mystery".
Yet in the videos I've seen about Mirage, the wizard has to rediscover the Spiral Gate to that world which has been lost!
How did Nalia get to Wysteria to compete in the Spiral Cup Tournament?

Explorer
Aug 09, 2014
Wysteria was released long before Mirage. Inconsistency with the story is understandable. But we speculate that if Wysteria takes place in the story line long before Mirage Nalia would have competed in the tournament before grandfather spider and Scorpion came to Mirage and changed things. On a related note i think it would have been nice if they had included Nalia in the story line but they didn't. There is a character with the same last name that has side quests but it seemed like the characters were unrelated.

Defender
Dec 05, 2013
Wysteria happens long before Mirage. Even Qishmah says that the sands of time had just recently blown the spiral door out of order. Those probably aren't the exact words, but they're close. Nalia wouldn't of had a problem leaving because there was still no threat in Mirage. Cob wasn't out and neither Spider nor Erakala had been 'released'. Mirage was probably working then as all the npcs say it use to.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Thanks for the replies. Now my mind is relieved!

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
juwanaman9 on Jan 12, 2017 wrote:
Wysteria was released long before Mirage. Inconsistency with the story is understandable. But we speculate that if Wysteria takes place in the story line long before Mirage Nalia would have competed in the tournament before grandfather spider and Scorpion came to Mirage and changed things. On a related note i think it would have been nice if they had included Nalia in the story line but they didn't. There is a character with the same last name that has side quests but it seemed like the characters were unrelated.
I agree, it's always nice to meet a previous NPC in a higher world, maybe later KI writers can have Nalia appear.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Well, now that Mirage is out, hopefully when we get a chance to meet her again, considering that she'll be seeing how much has changed since she left & how we've adventured in there. Probably in more new side story quests that take place after these events.

Explorer
Oct 01, 2011
anecorbie on Jan 12, 2017 wrote:
I agree, it's always nice to meet a previous NPC in a higher world, maybe later KI writers can have Nalia appear.
I would love to have a side quest or a string of side quests where we meet up Nalia, Maybe one thats only unlocked by talking to someone who knows her but only if you have completed Wystria? no everyone has so it would be a nice hidden story.

That being said I don't think we will as we never meet either of the other spiral cup contestants in either Mooshu or Avalon, but hey we can always hope it gets added at a later date. Maybe they all became friends and she was away visiting them in either Mooshu or Avalon. Then they all come to Mirage after hearing of the troubles there (perhaps after the wizard gets the eye of history back?)

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Stealthhawk129 on Jan 13, 2017 wrote:
I would love to have a side quest or a string of side quests where we meet up Nalia, Maybe one thats only unlocked by talking to someone who knows her but only if you have completed Wystria? no everyone has so it would be a nice hidden story.

That being said I don't think we will as we never meet either of the other spiral cup contestants in either Mooshu or Avalon, but hey we can always hope it gets added at a later date. Maybe they all became friends and she was away visiting them in either Mooshu or Avalon. Then they all come to Mirage after hearing of the troubles there (perhaps after the wizard gets the eye of history back?)
Very nice idea!

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
I agree, it would be nice to see Nalia again there. It's always fun when they throw in an unexpected encounter with an NPC we haven't seen in a while. I loved when our favorite big game hunter spoke to us in MB. Maybe Nalia was stranded when the door shut, and stayed to study in the Pigwick Library, or maybe she decided to explore elsewhere in the Spiral! Perhaps we will run into her somewhere else and can tell her she can go home again. I hope our paths cross with her's again.