Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

No drops in darkmoor

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
Hi. This was my sixth time running darkmoor and I haven't gotten any tier 1 loot except for the boots. From what i understand, the tier 1 gear in darkmoor is not exceedingly rare, and most people say that get a drop almost every time. My drops usually include: the brimstone torch of darkmoor (a low tier amulet) and one piece of brimstone armor (the tier 3 gear), oh and of course some reagents and treasure cards. I was wondering: is there something wrong with my wizard, or do I just have insanely bad luck? My friend, who has ran darkmoor only eight times, has gotten 4 tier 1 hats, 3 robes, and the boots, which means he has gotten a piece of gear each time. Also, a while back I was farming for the alpha and omega ring with the same friend, and in the time it took me to get one ring, he had gotten nine. The same thing happened when farming for the blade of the felled titan, but he got 3 and I still haven't gotten one. I just don't understand how unlucky I am and how lucky everyone else in the game is. Sorry for the rant.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
"Just the boots" is still pretty good. It has been my experience that there will be 2 tier one drops amongst the entire team when doing darkmoor, so thats 2 of 8 drops. Of course most do not care what anyone else gets, they just want their own stuff.

Having said this, someone did some math when it first came out and estimated about 30 runs for a complete set, some of course will take more and some less.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2015
Drop rates in this game are just extremely annoying. I had to do it the lazy way and just bought crowns to put in the chest. It's the best way to go, especially since you *might* have some crowns left over to stitch or even buy something.

But beware, I put 5k crowns into Mali's chest and didn't get the hat on my fire.