Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Swap critical and pip conversion

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 01, 2014
I know this would be EXTREMELY difficult to fix, because of the many gears, but I think pip conversion should be learned at Celestia and critical should be learned later in game, because at level 50 the average pip chance is like 30 - 60%, and I remember on my old account, that when Celestia came out, PvP had lots of complaints. Pip conversion seems kind of useless at max levels because at that level people have like 4911% pip chance

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
Pip conversion is even more useful with a high PPC because you don't have as many white pips.

Survivor
Jun 27, 2011
Pip conversion is all but useless as currently implemented because the probability of it occurring is so slim. First you have to have no white pips, and then you have to be casting an odd number cost spell. Added to this already less than likely event is the fact that you are very unlikely to convert the pip even if you match the required conditions ! This should be the likelihood that you are able to cast the spell for one less pip than normal. The pip automatic conversion should be an ability granted by a wand or ring or something..... that would be fun.

Defender
Dec 06, 2009
Why not make power pip chance give an automatic chance of pip conversion, like say at 50% the power pip chance...you can still have gear that can boost it more, though it won't matter as much.

Example, someone with 80% power pip chance would automatically have 40% conversion before any gear modifications.

Survivor
Jun 27, 2011
"Why not make power pip chance give an automatic chance of pip conversion, like say at 50% the power pip chance...you can still have gear that can boost it more, though it won't matter as much." That sounds pretty good; maybe even a better chance if its a spell cast in your own school.

I still say that that current "pip conversion" should be switched to "chance to cast the spell for one less pip".

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
Jarlaxlerod on Jan 17, 2017 wrote:
Pip conversion is all but useless as currently implemented because the probability of it occurring is so slim. First you have to have no white pips, and then you have to be casting an odd number cost spell. Added to this already less than likely event is the fact that you are very unlikely to convert the pip even if you match the required conditions ! This should be the likelihood that you are able to cast the spell for one less pip than normal. The pip automatic conversion should be an ability granted by a wand or ring or something..... that would be fun.
I agree completely with the lack of usefulness of conversion.

I'd suggest that it should attempt to convert a regular pip every round, even when the wizard does not have full pips. The check should take place immediately following the caster's turn, instead of right at the beginning.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Goldenoak1 on Jan 18, 2017 wrote:
Why not make power pip chance give an automatic chance of pip conversion, like say at 50% the power pip chance...you can still have gear that can boost it more, though it won't matter as much.

Example, someone with 80% power pip chance would automatically have 40% conversion before any gear modifications.
I really don't think it is a good idea to start messing with the Power Pip system. I have seen many prefer the Pip conversion had NOT been implemented.

As for the Critical, if it had been set up with a Base amount to begin with, there would have been less problems and less in regards to decay. The base amount would be about 40% by the time a wizard reached lvl 120 then the gear would increase the chances of a critical hit.

My idea? NO...But you can read how much better that would work here:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?478142-New-mechanic-for-Critical-Block