Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

its so hard to get scrap metal

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 09, 2015
its so hard to get scrap metal in this game i even forget where it spawns and i need scrap metal badly can someone tell me easier ways to get scrap metal

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
mario king on Dec 22, 2016 wrote:
its so hard to get scrap metal in this game i even forget where it spawns and i need scrap metal badly can someone tell me easier ways to get scrap metal
Item: Scarp Metal
Affiliate:
Type: Reagent
Availability: Rare
Looks Like: A Piece of Metal
Accessibility:
  • Can be bought at Bazaar (Occasionally)
  • Can be harvested upon various Rooftops within the Marleybone Area such as Knight's Court and Scotland Roof Yard
  • Can be harvested at Bastion in Khrysalis
  • Can be transmuted using 10 Stone Blocks and 10 Ores.

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
Scrap metal is very easy to come by after Marleybone (which is where the crafting quest using that reagent is given). There are some piles of it to be found here and there, but especially in dungeons such as Big Ben. It is auctionable, so your best bet is to hang out in The Bazaar for a while during peak hours.

Defender
Apr 06, 2013
Star Edward on Dec 22, 2016 wrote:
Affiliate:
Accessibility:
  • Can be harvested upon various Rooftops within the Marleybone Area such as Knight's Court and Scotland Roof Yard

Also in Darkmoor too.

Alejandro

Defender
Jun 09, 2015
Star Edward on Dec 22, 2016 wrote:
Affiliate:
Accessibility:

its hard to get scrap metal at the bazaar in this game because people rarely sell scrap metal

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
It can also be harvested in the outer ring of Regent's Square in Marleybone. If you look at your map, you will see there is a street that runs all the way around. It spawns in a couple of places and if you change realms after each run, you should be able to pick up several.

Survivor
Nov 18, 2010
Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
It takes quite some time to get enough scrap metal just by questing.
I just bought scrap metal in the bazaar.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
If you have finished marleybone, simply go in the east or west clockwork tower, pick up scrap iron on first floor, exit and repeat!

Survivor
Dec 27, 2013
It is hard to find scrap metal and scrap iron but if you look in many places in Marleybone they should have it. Another way to get scrap iron and/or scrap metal is going to the Bazarr and buying and if they don't have it switch realms and look again. Hope this helped anyone!

- Amber Firestone Necromancer

Defender
Jun 09, 2015
The most annoying thing is that its in marley bone and its really hard to traverse whilst trying to not get in fights also can I be told the name of the place with the most scrap metal (not a dungeon though) also not anything outside azteca

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
mario king on Feb 15, 2017 wrote:
The most annoying thing is that its in marley bone and its really hard to traverse whilst trying to not get in fights also can I be told the name of the place with the most scrap metal (not a dungeon though) also not anything outside azteca
Fly through Regent's Square, ( several players have already posted this idea to you. ) Change realms when you finish your search. There are NO mobs in Regent's Square, so you'll be safe from attack!
Yeah, this is slow but its better than hovering in the Bazaar, hoping that someone will sell scrap iron and then having to contend with the other crafters looking for the same thing!

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
SparkleTude on Dec 23, 2016 wrote:
It takes quite some time to get enough scrap metal just by questing.
I just bought scrap metal in the bazaar.
I agree with this 100%. The Bazaar is tedious, but by far the fastest way to get Scrap Metal. Go there during peak play hours and refresh frequently. You should be able to buy all you need within 30 minutes or so.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
mario king on Feb 15, 2017 wrote:
I posted above that all you had to do was run the outer street of Reagent's Square and change realms after each run. @anecorbie has also basically stated the same thing.

You can also find a few pieces lying around in Hrundle Fjord.

What do you mean by: "also not anything outside Axteca"?

Defender
Jun 09, 2015
DragonLady1818 on Feb 16, 2017 wrote:
I posted above that all you had to do was run the outer street of Reagent's Square and change realms after each run. @anecorbie has also basically stated the same thing.

You can also find a few pieces lying around in Hrundle Fjord.

What do you mean by: "also not anything outside Axteca"?
i have not been there before (idk if I got there because I forgot since I haven't been playing wizard101 for a long while)

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
If you can enter either side tower in the museum you can quickly farm as much scrap iron as you need or want. All you have to do is enter at the sigil, run around the room and collect all reagents you find, exit, re-enter, collect all reagents, repeat the process until you obtain the number of scrap iron you seek.

You can also search between Regents Square and the museum collecting all reagents you want or need, then switch realms and repeat the process until you collect all the reagents you want.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
mario king on Apr 19, 2017 wrote:
i have not been there before (idk if I got there because I forgot since I haven't been playing wizard101 for a long while)
If you have Marleybone, Regent's Square is the main area of Marleybone. When you enter Marleybone from the church, you're in Regent's Square.

Survivor
Jul 05, 2011
I have 246 scrap metal, I got lucky in the bazaar one day lol

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Found scrap metal all over in one part of Zafaria. I can't remember which part! Maybe someone else can.