Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Making Dimension Shift actually worth 6 pips (imo)

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 12, 2012
Defender
Nov 05, 2010
SanicTheHegFlame on Dec 14, 2016 wrote:
http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?475331-Making-Dimension-Shift-actually-worth-6-pips-(-imo-)

This is a thread I made on central about making Dimension shift actually worth being 6 pips.
I don't ebven know what shift or demension shift does, what exactly does it do?

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
Jordan, the link leads to a post that discusses what Dimension Shift does and the impact Indemnity has on it. Clicking it should answer your question.

Regarding the spell, I agree that 6 pips is pretty overwhelming for what it does. 3-4 pips seems about right given the action economy and the cost of spells such as Enfeeble and Shatter.

Defender
Oct 24, 2012
jordan night blood on Dec 15, 2016 wrote:
Shift pushes a DoT to your enemy while Dimension Shift trades all hanging effects (blades/traps/weaknesses) with your minion.

Explorer
Oct 12, 2012
jordan night blood on Dec 15, 2016 wrote:
It's a spell where literally everything like blades, traps, weakness etc that are on you goes from you to your summoned, and everything that your summoned minion had goes to you.

So lets say your minion has 3 myth blades on, you have 3 -90 weaknesses on you. You would then use this dimension shift spell to shift the weaknesses that was on you to the minion, and the 3 blades your minion has on to yourself.

Defender
Nov 05, 2010
SanicTheHegFlame on Dec 15, 2016 wrote:
It's a spell where literally everything like blades, traps, weakness etc that are on you goes from you to your summoned, and everything that your summoned minion had goes to you.

So lets say your minion has 3 myth blades on, you have 3 -90 weaknesses on you. You would then use this dimension shift spell to shift the weaknesses that was on you to the minion, and the 3 blades your minion has on to yourself.
It seems ok, but too situational and too higher pip cost. If it was 2 or 3 pips and didn't get rid of blades then I think it would be better

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
SanicTheHegFlame on Dec 14, 2016 wrote:
http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?475331-Making-Dimension-Shift-actually-worth-6-pips-(-imo-)

This is a thread I made on central about making Dimension shift actually worth being 6 pips.
I think back in the test realm during that time, it was worth 3 pips. They added 3 extra. I believe it was so it could not be so easy to take the Buff Minion blade, and Shield Minion ward. That would be a 40% balance blade, and a 70% tower shield, all for 3 pips.

Explorer
Oct 12, 2012
Blaze03554 on Dec 18, 2016 wrote:
I think back in the test realm during that time, it was worth 3 pips. They added 3 extra. I believe it was so it could not be so easy to take the Buff Minion blade, and Shield Minion ward. That would be a 40% balance blade, and a 70% tower shield, all for 3 pips.

In this case then i don't mind it being 4 pips imo if they were to change but also minions usually don't stay alive long enough for you too pull this off ( at least from lvl 100+ i'm pretty sure) also the minions usually hit so rip blade and minions usually get attacked so rip shield.

Either way i think lowering the pips or going with some of the ideas on this thread would still help instead of it staying the same as it is now cause it's not that useful when protected weaknesses and stuff can stay on and minions can hardly stay alive for you to use it and gain 6 pips to use it again and again to get a protected juju spam off and stuff..

So again, I just think Dimension shift should be able to move protected things Indemnity bad juju.