Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Yultide Hall Skeleton Key Dungeon suggestions

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jun 13, 2011
KI, I am REALLY loving the new holiday content you made this year! This is surely gonna top off some repetitive times through the holiday years!

Now, allow me to suggest a few additions...

1st, I really enjoyed the Krampus Skeleton Key boss, but there's currently no badge from defeating him in the Krampusgarten, no matter which Skeleton Key any Wizard uses to challenge him, through Wooden, Stone, or Gold. Please add in a new badge from defeating Krampus. I'm thinking it should be called "Krampus' Thorn", but, that's just a badge name suggestion. He is, no doubt, a Skeleton Key boss, after all, so, he should have one.

Come to think of it, he is the very 1st Skeleton Key boss to have all types of Skeleton Keys for entry, yet, only needs to use a specific one to scale the boss' duel challenge, so I can consider the Krampus the 1st universal Skeleton Key boss in W101.

2nd, the Yuletide Hall, in both their cheery and gloomy states, & the Krampusgarten areas in the Yuletide Hall Dungeon, they're using past recycled themes from Wizard City and Marleybone, and it kinda takes away the original feeling of a new holiday dungeon, especially a Skeleton Key one. If you could pass this on to the composers at KI, I would really like to see new original themes added to these areas, please.

3rd, the Krampus boss duel in the Krampusgarten is using the Wizard City Combat Theme, and it's still a bit repetitive to use a past combat theme to a boss, whether it be a new specific boss, shared boss, or otherwise. So, here's this request. To the composers at KI, please add in a new original and unique boss combat theme that should be played while dueling Krampus in the Krampusgarten.

4th, there should be new music stingers added when Oma says, "Liebchen! You know better than to run in the Hall. Such bad manners! Now look what you've done.", &, "There will be no Yuletide Feast now. Nein, now you must answer to... him. Oh, my poor naughty little liebchen. Why could you not just be good?", akin to the stingers heard in many quests in Mirage. I really like them, so, why not add new ones in that instance?

There's also one more thing I should add...

During the Krampus duel in the Krampusgarten, his boss cheats have no voiceovers when he commences them through specific triggers. Please add voiceovers to the Krampus' cheats while he commences them.

Dworgyn, if you can read this, please pass these suggestions to the KI MMO Live Team. I would really like to see these in sometime soon.

Thanks once again for listening... and for adding new holiday content! Keep making more like that!!

Historian
May 06, 2009
I also want to add some feedback about the music used for the Krampus dungeon.

I really do liked what they did for this dungeon. It was a very unexpected susprise. but the music was really out of place and kind of hurt the atmosphere for the story. Now, I don't think KI needs to go and create new music themes for this dungeon. I think they have themes already in game that work a lot better for the dungeon then what they chose.

Instead of the "Main Marleybone Theme" playing prior to breaking the ornament on Oma's tree, I think Wizard101's "Deck the Halls" music theme from the Yuletide pack would fit the cheery scene much better.

After breaking the ornament, the music should change to the "Carol of the Bells" music theme replacing the current "Dark Cave" music theme. It has a dark enough tone to fit the colder setting and create more suspension in preparation to battling Krampus.

Once entering the Krampusgarten, I think the "Baba Yaga" music theme from Polaris would fit beautifully here. It has this charming, wintery feel about that fits the area a lot better than the Marleybone theme currently used.

As for the battle music, I don't think there's anything in game that really fits the area well enough. Maybe some other battle music from Polaris, however, I wouldn't mind a new unique Holiday battle theme. It could even be a special drop added to Krampus' loot table.

It would be great if at least the music could be updated relatively quickly as KI already has more suitable themes already in game rather than making new themes. A badge would also be something nice to have. Maybe something like "Krampus Crusher" or "Krampus of Krampus" just to through titles around.

Historian
May 06, 2009
Oh, just listened to a few Polaris combat themes, the "Polaris Urville Station Combat" theme would be an absolutely perfect combat theme to play during the fight in place of the "Wizard City Combat Theme". The "Polaris Frozen Combat" theme is a close runner up. The "Urville Station Combat" theme has a slightly more holiday sound with the bells in it's theme and a bit more dramatic and theatrical sound as if one were trying to save the Yuletide Festival or justify why they aren't naughty.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Trimond297 on Dec 8, 2016 wrote:
KI, I am REALLY loving the new holiday content you made this year! This is surely gonna top off some repetitive times through the holiday years!

Now, allow me to suggest a few additions...

1st, I really enjoyed the Krampus Skeleton Key boss, but there's currently no badge from defeating him in the Krampusgarten, no matter which Skeleton Key any Wizard uses to challenge him, through Wooden, Stone, or Gold. Please add in a new badge from defeating Krampus. I'm thinking it should be called "Krampus' Thorn", but, that's just a badge name suggestion. He is, no doubt, a Skeleton Key boss, after all, so, he should have one.

Come to think of it, he is the very 1st Skeleton Key boss to have all types of Skeleton Keys for entry, yet, only needs to use a specific one to scale the boss' duel challenge, so I can consider the Krampus the 1st universal Skeleton Key boss in W101.

2nd, the Yuletide Hall, in both their cheery and gloomy states, & the Krampusgarten areas in the Yuletide Hall Dungeon, they're using past recycled themes from Wizard City and Marleybone, and it kinda takes away the original feeling of a new holiday dungeon, especially a Skeleton Key one. If you could pass this on to the composers at KI, I would really like to see new original themes added to these areas, please.

3rd, the Krampus boss duel in the Krampusgarten is using the Wizard City Combat Theme, and it's still a bit repetitive to use a past combat theme to a boss, whether it be a new specific boss, shared boss, or otherwise. So, here's this request. To the composers at KI, please add in a new original and unique boss combat theme that should be played while dueling Krampus in the Krampusgarten.

4th, there should be new music stingers added when Oma says, "Liebchen! You know better than to run in the Hall. Such bad manners! Now look what you've done.", &, "There will be no Yuletide Feast now. Nein, now you must answer to... him. Oh, my poor naughty little liebchen. Why could you not just be good?", akin to the stingers heard in many quests in Mirage. I really like them, so, why not add new ones in that instance?

There's also one more thing I should add...

During the Krampus duel in the Krampusgarten, his boss cheats have no voiceovers when he commences them through specific triggers. Please add voiceovers to the Krampus' cheats while he commences them.

Dworgyn, if you can read this, please pass these suggestions to the KI MMO Live Team. I would really like to see these in sometime soon.

Thanks once again for listening... and for adding new holiday content! Keep making more like that!!
The update just came out and you've discovered all of this already? o:

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Cunning Finnigan S... on Dec 9, 2016 wrote:
Oh, just listened to a few Polaris combat themes, the "Polaris Urville Station Combat" theme would be an absolutely perfect combat theme to play during the fight in place of the "Wizard City Combat Theme". The "Polaris Frozen Combat" theme is a close runner up. The "Urville Station Combat" theme has a slightly more holiday sound with the bells in it's theme and a bit more dramatic and theatrical sound as if one were trying to save the Yuletide Festival or justify why they aren't naughty.
Your thoughts on this are all nice, but, you know, it's going to take more than just using past themes in available worlds. I was just suggesting new original themes to the Yuletide instance to better fit the moods in it.

Well, they made the new instance, so it's only fitting that they should make new original themes for it, even a unique boss combat theme for the Krampus himself.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Star Edward on Dec 9, 2016 wrote:
The update just came out and you've discovered all of this already? o:

By myself, yes. I only used the Wooden Skeleton Key as a more first try option to the Krampus. And let me tell you, it was amazing, having a new Skeleton Key boss that is universal & made in time to begin the holidays.

Sure, I could also use other key types, but my first try choice was the best way to try it for myself, before going to the boss' tougher states. Once I was done with him, I had to place in suggestions.

Historian
May 06, 2009
Trimond297 on Dec 9, 2016 wrote:
Your thoughts on this are all nice, but, you know, it's going to take more than just using past themes in available worlds. I was just suggesting new original themes to the Yuletide instance to better fit the moods in it.

Well, they made the new instance, so it's only fitting that they should make new original themes for it, even a unique boss combat theme for the Krampus himself.
Right, and I don't mind that if they do go out of their way to make new themes for the instance. It would definitely up the quality of the area considerably. And with new themes, it allows for more possible holiday scrolls to be dropped in Krampus' loot table.

I'm just taking into account that if there is a time or budgetary constraints (as 90% of the instance is reused models and items) there are better selections already in their tool box they could use than the themes they went with. If they do make new themes, I don't foresee a change coming about until they bring it back next year or for Yuletide in July. Music tends to be something that's saved near the end of a project and I'm not sure how much time composers typically get to make a score. Given that this instance is only going to be here for a month, I think it would be faster to replace the current music with ones that are already made and work better for the space and ambiance.

At the every least, all we can do is give them our feedback and hope they they listen.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
First of all, I really like this new dungeon! I remember a post that was discussing a Christmas dungeon so this definitely fits the bill! I like the idea of having badges associated with Krampus. As far as music goes, I do think that there are probably some other themes that would work better than the current ones, but it's okay for now. I think Polaris music would work great and fit with the Wintry theme and so would the Yuletide tunes that were mentioned. That being said, I don't know if a whole new soundtrack is necessary, maybe Krampus is supposed to be from a German based world yet, and it's entire theme hasn't been entirely threshed out and I'd hate to have things done prematurely. Which brings me to my main point to all of this: it's only been out a day! This is the first time people have experienced this, there will no doubts be tweaks and some changes might not happen until next year even. However, I do think KI will make some modifications as time goes on. Thanks KI for this new content though! I didn't really get to see the place looking nice because the other people in the dungeon went in and set it off before I knew what was happening. If at all possible I would have liked to have seen it, but I don't know if I'll be able too? Perhaps that too can be a change to add? I'm also a little confused as to why there is a key of each type all in the same room. Will it eventually be split in different places, I remember Polaris, Celestia and Ravenwood each being mentioned. I've only entered via Colossus Blvd. though. Anywho, that's all my ramblings for now about this. Thanks for reading!

Survivor
Jan 30, 2016
Was kinda disappointed on the drops. Got black coal. Waste of a key.