Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Being gifted in return for helping

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 25, 2016
Has anyone ever said "I'll be glad to help you quest.....at a cost"?
And expect you to "owe" them something just for helping you quest?

Does anyone else besides me see this as selfish?
I mean a person shouldn't feel like they HAVE to owe someone something back just for helping them quest. I do not think it's right for someone to say they will gladly help you quest in exchange for a gift.

Anyone ever get told this?

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Wolfwhisker on Dec 8, 2016 wrote:

I mean a person shouldn't feel like they HAVE to owe someone something back just for helping them quest. I do not think it's right for someone to say they will gladly help you quest in exchange for a gift.

• Never been told this
  • Never asked anyone to be gifted
  • Never asked anyone for help

But that's how some people unfortunately are though. They want their services to be rewarded, sorta like a business if you will.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Wolfwhisker on Dec 8, 2016 wrote:

i think it's disgusting and should be considered scamming/a reportable offense.

never seen or been a victim of this myself, but i can guarantee that anyone who tries it with me will be blocked and deleted without exception.

-von

Survivor
Aug 14, 2013
If anyone tries to do that just gift them the 40 down stick wand its still something

Defender
Feb 08, 2009
Rather quest solo than pay someone to quest with me.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
No, I would put someone like that on Ignore.
If you are going to pay for a quest partner then hire a henchman during a battle. At least you know they won't troll you and leave mid battle, and you will get what you paid for. They will help you in battle, and usually will shield you and things. You can also choose which school which can be handy.

I had the opposite happen. I had someone offer me packs to do dungeons with them, practice dungeons at their wizard's home. I felt uncomfortable with that. I'll help if asked and if I can. But I am not for rent.

I've gifted a pack once in a while if someone helps me in a sincere and unselfish way, and is nice to hang out with. But it's because I am saying I appreciated their attitude, not because I'm paying them. And I try to get a read first on if they would be OK with that.
Sometimes I've said yes I will help someone and then they start getting really bossy, and also tend to disappear without explaining, expecting me to sit and wait; so after a few battles I excuse myself :)