Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Nerf Burning Rampage

AuthorMessage
Delver
Oct 26, 2010
Burning rampage is the unhealthiest spell to ever be in this game. Costs only 5 pips and brings 2 hits that takes off shields and then does 1000 damage the round later. Cannot be countered by going second, only predicting the burning rampage which is hard to do, and you need triage or cooldown tc to do it with. This spell also is overpowered, because it removes your shield, and if you don't shield the round the other person uses it, you will die. And if you do shield the round he uses it, you will die anyways, because he can just remove the shield and rampage does insane damage.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
It doesn't deal 1,000 damage, not really even close. It deals 770 total, not the strongest 5-pip spell in game. Firestorm deals 865 total, but that's only accessible via polymorph. Then there's Mana Burn, with the capacity for 1440 damage and the target loses 3 pips. But the strongest 5-pip spell that all wizards can get and use is Burning Rampage, with Stormzilla 40 damage less. With the shield-shattering capabilities it could do with a nerf to make it less universally used by Fire, and limit it to strategic use. Maybe make it 60+600 after 2 rounds? Still strong and unique, but not exactly OP.

Explorer
Oct 12, 2012
Blaze Sandblade on Dec 7, 2016 wrote:
It doesn't deal 1,000 damage, not really even close. It deals 770 total, not the strongest 5-pip spell in game. Firestorm deals 865 total, but that's only accessible via polymorph. Then there's Mana Burn, with the capacity for 1440 damage and the target loses 3 pips. But the strongest 5-pip spell that all wizards can get and use is Burning Rampage, with Stormzilla 40 damage less. With the shield-shattering capabilities it could do with a nerf to make it less universally used by Fire, and limit it to strategic use. Maybe make it 60+600 after 2 rounds? Still strong and unique, but not exactly OP.
Wrong, for the fact that you can't counter it from second unless your some kind of psychic, it's not OP it's broken, that's why instead of calling it burning rampage, I call it broken rampage lol.

Not even close to 1k? Did you forget that damage boost in gear exists?

The only change that needs to be made for this spell imo is make the damage a little lower than stormzilla and or just make it so people can be able to have another turn to counter it like the 9 pip jewel hades spells does. Like broken rampage should be working just as the hades spell is lol.

Explorer
Oct 12, 2012
This has the links of showing in some battles ( well most ) of how broken rampage needs to be nerfed.

(NOTE: I had to edit out the video link because it's a link to an "unathorized site" per the Rules. ~Dworgyn)

If KI sees this thread, plz see this video and look at what rampage is doing, this is a problem not just at low lvl but at max lvl where this does way more damage and you can't counter it from second.

This rampage spell at-least needs to work just like the Death Hades jewel spell if it's going to be doing so much damage. b

This person has more videos on this rampage stuff showing how " op " or " broken " this spell is, but some of the words he uses idk if it would still be op to link it here so i tried to find a video that ( i at-least hope ) was appropriate enough to link here.

It also shows that i think low lvls being able to have access to higher rank spells in tc shouldn't be allowed but this part is just what i think.

If the youtube link is inappropriate ( tho i did check it ) i apologize ( not my video btw, just saying ).

Explorer
Oct 12, 2012
Am i allowed to say that the video at-least came from AwesomeTheSause doing a series called "the rampager"?

If not then i don't mind if you delete this reply.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
SanicTheHegFlame on Dec 8, 2016 wrote:
Wrong, for the fact that you can't counter it from second unless your some kind of psychic, it's not OP it's broken, that's why instead of calling it burning rampage, I call it broken rampage lol.

Not even close to 1k? Did you forget that damage boost in gear exists?

The only change that needs to be made for this spell imo is make the damage a little lower than stormzilla and or just make it so people can be able to have another turn to counter it like the 9 pip jewel hades spells does. Like broken rampage should be working just as the hades spell is lol.
Just because someone hit 1,000,000 with a Thunder Snake doesn't mean it deals 1,000,000 base. Damage boost should be disregarded when looking at a spell rather than its possibilities. Also, you suggested essentially my idea (lower damage) and an interesting note on making it more like Wrath of Hades. I'm not sure it'd help much, I mean they could just take down your shield twice, but I agree it needs a nerf.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
In my opinion, burning rampage is broken. There is already enough problems with going second but this, this just makes it worse.

Defender
Feb 08, 2009
I think either rampage needs a nerf or triage/shift needs to be sold by a vendor. (Rampage only has 2 counters: Shift and triage which are both rare tcs, making it op and a lot harder to counter).

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
It does need a nerf but making it more rounds before trigger doesn't solve the issue from second. Simply redistribute the damage 440 then 330 damage 2 rounds later.

Survivor
Mar 03, 2012
Look, needed a bit of more hope so it got Burning Rampage and besides if your doing some kind of low level pvp you can get it, afterall fire has the lowest chance on gettinng rampage, 20% for non-fire and it use to be all exalted+ Pvpers, and it's now fire's time to shine

Delver
Mar 10, 2015
Burning. Rampage is pathetically underpowered as it is. Fire is 2nd dps in game yet it's damage is less then call of lulu,which death is not a damage class. If anything it should be lifted to 900

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Injustice972 on Mar 4, 2017 wrote:
Look, needed a bit of more hope so it got Burning Rampage and besides if your doing some kind of low level pvp you can get it, afterall fire has the lowest chance on gettinng rampage, 20% for non-fire and it use to be all exalted+ Pvpers, and it's now fire's time to shine
What are you talking about? Fire had been a top tier 1v1 school in almost every meta.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Lukeskywalker1313 on Mar 7, 2017 wrote:
Burning. Rampage is pathetically underpowered as it is. Fire is 2nd dps in game yet it's damage is less then call of lulu,which death is not a damage class. If anything it should be lifted to 900
I hope this post is a joke. Burning Rampage is definitely op. It deals MORE damage than Stormzilla and Storm is supposedly the class that should be recieving the highest do.

Not only that but it is uncounterable from second unless you're related to Madam Cleo.

Absolutely needs a Nerf not a buff.