Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

School Personality Test

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 07, 2013
Hi, first, I love that we take a personality test to find our school. However, I think there needs to be more questions. Whenever I take the test, it ALWAYS comes down to what gemstone I choose. Whichever gem I choose, that's the school I receive, every time. Maybe I'm meant to be Balance since I could be multiple schools? I just find it odd - it's probably just me

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I've taken the test multiple times and it will give me a variety of gemstones to choose from (say like Saphire, Jade and Citrine). You are correct that if you pick a particular gemstone it gives you that school. The test just narrows it down as to the available spots (notice for example I was not offered a Ruby or Amethyst.) I think that the test functions how it is intended. It narrows down choices based on questions, but ultimately you get to choose what the school will be.

Defender
Aug 25, 2014
I agree. Its always the gemstone that decides. But at the same time it would be kind of frustrating to take a long quiz. Maybe two or three more questions would do it.

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
As I see it the personality test is just a tool for encouraging people to pick a school and move on. It doesn't really matter what school your first wizard is. The worst thing to do is get stuck trying to decide on an initial school and dither endlessly when you could be playing the game.

I always encourage new players to just pick a school more or less at random and get on with playing. You simply do not know enough about the game until you have played a while to really understand what the different schools are about and which would suit you best. Play an initial character until you feel you have a good grasp of game mechanics, maybe 20 levels or so, then call up the wiki and look through the spell lists available to each school. At that point you can get a good idea of what collection of spells will suit you and make an informed choice. Regaining 20 levels with a second wizard takes hardly any time.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
If you take the test on the wizard creator then it isn't decided on the gemstone. However, the gemstones that appear are the ones that the previous questions of the test narrowed it down to.