Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

An easy solution to test realm talent prevewing

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
I refer to the act of using the fake crowns on the test realm to train a pet to find out in advance what talents it will unlock. I discovered a solution to this that's easier than not having mega snacks on the test realm. Currently the talents a pet will unlock and in what order are decided from the moment the pet hatches. But if it wasn't pre-set and the random number generator doesn't choose the talent until it's time to unlock one, any results they get on the test realm wouldn't be informative at all, since they would probably get a different talent on live. It allows pets on the test realm to be trained quickly so new ones can be tested at high levels, and would have no real effect on current gameplay. It would also make things easier on the servers, since they won't have to remember the talent unlock orders any more. Frankly, I'm surprised no one's thought of this yet.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
average moe on Nov 30, 2016 wrote:
I refer to the act of using the fake crowns on the test realm to train a pet to find out in advance what talents it will unlock. I discovered a solution to this that's easier than not having mega snacks on the test realm. Currently the talents a pet will unlock and in what order are decided from the moment the pet hatches. But if it wasn't pre-set and the random number generator doesn't choose the talent until it's time to unlock one, any results they get on the test realm wouldn't be informative at all, since they would probably get a different talent on live. It allows pets on the test realm to be trained quickly so new ones can be tested at high levels, and would have no real effect on current gameplay. It would also make things easier on the servers, since they won't have to remember the talent unlock orders any more. Frankly, I'm surprised no one's thought of this yet.
Why, exactly, do you think this needs changing? I am sure most pet enthusiasts are happy the way it is. Have you also considered that your solution would involve a lot of reprogramming?

I am curious to hear what your issue with this is honestly.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
While an interesting idea, that I'm certain others have had, including myself, it would require a rehaul of everything to do with pet talents. It'd take quite a bit of work for very little reward. While I'm not very much a fan of the way things are now, they work well enough.