Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Coat of Invincibility

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 11, 2012
Hi,

My suggestion is that the Coat of Invincibility should be trade-able.

Not only is it silly because many people have already found ways to move the robe between characters,
but it's also the fact that we earned the robe.
Currently, the PVP matching system isn't fair and consistently makes it so that when I'm trying to rank up on my new character, I can't because I keep getting matched with someone who is many levels ahead and already has PVP gear. And since we've already earned the robe, we should be able to use it on our desired character, not just the character with which we obtained the robe.
Personally, the character I obtained the robe with is no longer my desired main, and I don't feel that I should be required to invest pointless hours into a PVP system that's absolutely broken just so I can get another one to wear on my new main.
I'm sure many will not agree, and that's okay. I just ask that you keep all comments constructive.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
Amnerys on Nov 23, 2016 wrote:
Hi,

My suggestion is that the Coat of Invincibility should be trade-able.

Not only is it silly because many people have already found ways to move the robe between characters,
but it's also the fact that we earned the robe.
Currently, the PVP matching system isn't fair and consistently makes it so that when I'm trying to rank up on my new character, I can't because I keep getting matched with someone who is many levels ahead and already has PVP gear. And since we've already earned the robe, we should be able to use it on our desired character, not just the character with which we obtained the robe.
Personally, the character I obtained the robe with is no longer my desired main, and I don't feel that I should be required to invest pointless hours into a PVP system that's absolutely broken just so I can get another one to wear on my new main.
I'm sure many will not agree, and that's okay. I just ask that you keep all comments constructive.
i dont really see an issue in making it tradeable, though you should have to reach some rank in pvp to equip it...

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
Didn't you already make a thread complaining about the commander robe?

Sorry, that you feel this way, but sometimes things are the way they are and you have to figure out ways to change your tactics instead of begging for the creators to change theirs. They have already made some changes to the PvP matching system with pvping with friends and searching for people outside your rank, but sometimes it does come down to who is available at the time. Try doing PvP at peak hours during the day when the servers are populated if you can.

Also, you say that you feel you shouldn't be required to invest pointless hours into a PvP system that is absolutely broken, but you just said that you did obtain it on one of your characters which happens to not be your desired main. So at that time, you did invest potentially "pointless hours into a PvP system that is absolutely broken" to get the PvP robe. So because it's hard to pvp a lot of the time, because you already earned the robe before, and because you want it for the looks is the reason why KI should change their mindset and not you.

Just assuming you want it for the looks, but if you want it for the stats...then your complaining about a pvp system that your "messing up" as well.

Interesting. Honestly, they should just make the PvP robe ugly. Jk, but really.

The PvP robe is so 2012. Wear something original. Be unique.

Again, sorry you feel down, but good luck on your future matches is all I can end with.

See you in the game.

Nathan GreenEyes 110 PvP Commander Main

Nathan GreenEyes 110 First Max

Ryan HexPyre 104 Always Dying

Blaine SilverBlood 30 (Blaine, you still alive bro? o.o)

Survivor
May 11, 2012
thelastdiviner on Nov 25, 2016 wrote:
Didn't you already make a thread complaining about the commander robe?

Sorry, that you feel this way, but sometimes things are the way they are and you have to figure out ways to change your tactics instead of begging for the creators to change theirs. They have already made some changes to the PvP matching system with pvping with friends and searching for people outside your rank, but sometimes it does come down to who is available at the time. Try doing PvP at peak hours during the day when the servers are populated if you can.

Also, you say that you feel you shouldn't be required to invest pointless hours into a PvP system that is absolutely broken, but you just said that you did obtain it on one of your characters which happens to not be your desired main. So at that time, you did invest potentially "pointless hours into a PvP system that is absolutely broken" to get the PvP robe. So because it's hard to pvp a lot of the time, because you already earned the robe before, and because you want it for the looks is the reason why KI should change their mindset and not you.

Just assuming you want it for the looks, but if you want it for the stats...then your complaining about a pvp system that your "messing up" as well.

Interesting. Honestly, they should just make the PvP robe ugly. Jk, but really.

The PvP robe is so 2012. Wear something original. Be unique.

Again, sorry you feel down, but good luck on your future matches is all I can end with.

See you in the game.

Nathan GreenEyes 110 PvP Commander Main

Nathan GreenEyes 110 First Max

Ryan HexPyre 104 Always Dying

Blaine SilverBlood 30 (Blaine, you still alive bro? o.o)
I have made threads about this in the past, yes. But that was over a year ago.
When I obtained my commander robe, the matching system was not broken. You would only be matched against a journeyman+ as an apprentice AFTER you obtained the rank of Commander.
I'm really confused by the rest of your message so I'm sorry if it seems like I'm only picking one thing to respond to, I just don't fully understand your sentence structure.

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
Amnerys on Nov 26, 2016 wrote:
I have made threads about this in the past, yes. But that was over a year ago.
When I obtained my commander robe, the matching system was not broken. You would only be matched against a journeyman+ as an apprentice AFTER you obtained the rank of Commander.
I'm really confused by the rest of your message so I'm sorry if it seems like I'm only picking one thing to respond to, I just don't fully understand your sentence structure.
Understood. I tend to ramble and a wall of text can seem like a mush of craziness for some people.

Oh, you're doing low level pvp? Been a while since I've done that so I'm not sure if I can relate.

camahawk actually gave you a really good response that might of been overlooked.

Even if they do make it trade-able, you would still have to reach the rank of commander on your alt character to be able to wear it, even if you did stitch it to something else.

Perhaps you should rephrase your argument.

Why don't you start a thread with a topic like "Low-level pvp matchmaking system needs a revision."

Saying things like "it's broken" or calling it "pointless" can make your thread seem snobby or subjective. Not everyone can relate so help us understand what you REALLY want changed here.