Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pips

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 12, 2008
I would be nice to have a pip counter so I don't have to manually count and add up how many pips I have.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Yen Sid on Nov 18, 2016 wrote:
I would be nice to have a pip counter so I don't have to manually count and add up how many pips I have.
While this could be helpful in some scenarios, unless I'm using an X-pip spell I don't tend to check my pips anyway. If I can use Ra and have a couple blades on then I'll hit, not particularly interested in pips. I can certainly see myself turning on such a feature, but counting to 14 isn't much of a task; and KI could be working on debugging Mirage instead.

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
Love the forum name! (Kingdom Hearts for life)

Are the pips too hard to see for you? Perhaps change your brightness or resolution to maybe the pips look more defined than a mush of bright yellow and white dots.

A pip counter might be alright, but if it stresses you out that much...maybe you shouldn't be playing wiz. Manual counting is that tedious? I think the fact that there is no pip counter allows a lot of the younger players to develop some really good mental math skills when adding power pips and pips alike. You may not like it, but it can be a great way to practice for others.

See you in the game.

Nathan GreenEyes 110 PvP Commander Main

Nathan GreenEyes 110 First Max

Ryan HexPyre 104 Always Dying

Blaine SilverBlood 30 (Blaine, you still alive bro? o.o)

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Blaze Sandblade on Nov 18, 2016 wrote:
While this could be helpful in some scenarios, unless I'm using an X-pip spell I don't tend to check my pips anyway. If I can use Ra and have a couple blades on then I'll hit, not particularly interested in pips. I can certainly see myself turning on such a feature, but counting to 14 isn't much of a task; and KI could be working on debugging Mirage instead.
It would actually be useful in times when you have a small time limit. It isn't like it's a hassle to make such a feature.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
frostednutella on Nov 19, 2016 wrote:
It would actually be useful in times when you have a small time limit. It isn't like it's a hassle to make such a feature.
And how do you know that? Are you a developer?

It takes about 1-2 seconds to count pips, even when there are a lot of them. Just count them.

Survivor
Sep 12, 2008
Guys I really didn't think too hard on this, it's really just a convenient idea to make life just a little bit simpler. Whether or not its implemented won't change anything.