Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best way to get Amber?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 19, 2015
Hii so I have been trying to craft Deer Knight. I have *most* of the things I need for it, but having a hard time finding 11 (?) more pieces of amber. I have gotten the transmute amber card, but that is annoying too lol Anyone know of any other ways to harvest it?

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Well, if you're into Gardening, a few plants have a slight chance of dropping the reagent upon harvest (guessing elder). I'll list a few:

King Parsley
Deadly Ninja Fig
White Tiger Lily
Ultra Boom Shroom
Ultra Helephant Ears
Ultra Snow Apples

You can also get them from fishing chests in Elephant Graveyard and Boabab Crown.

Good Luck!

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
Amber is a very rare reagent. If you're willing to garden for it, White Tiger Lilies are a decent source. I've also seen that King Parsley and Red Bell Peppers are good sources. It seems like any plant that drops it will do so around 7-10% of the time on a final harvest. Many of these plants will not reseed themselves, too, so read up before planting.

Aside from gardening, both Amber Dust and Merle's Whiskers are very rarely found in chests in Darkmoor and Polaris.

Bosses in these worlds may drop Amber or the dust or whiskers. Additionally, Gladiator Dimachaerus and Chronus may drop Amber, and are frequently dueled for this and their athame / ring.

Survivor
Feb 13, 2012
I usually get 5-10 amber from 50 King Parsley plants. I keep 200+ as elder, ready to harvest, for when I need amber.

Survivor
Feb 27, 2010
Star Edward on Nov 17, 2016 wrote:
Well, if you're into Gardening, a few plants have a slight chance of dropping the reagent upon harvest (guessing elder). I'll list a few:

King Parsley
Deadly Ninja Fig
White Tiger Lily
Ultra Boom Shroom
Ultra Helephant Ears
Ultra Snow Apples

You can also get them from fishing chests in Elephant Graveyard and Boabab Crown.

Good Luck!

Thank you very much.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
FACT:

You will never run out of amber if you grow King Parsley plants, forget everything else. As an avid gardener, I do grow red bell peppers for the braided vine drops (rare at elder harvest). White Tiger Lily plants are great for gold and Tower Shield and other ice treasure cards, but do not drop much amber. I have had 9-18 KP plants on my wizard for a couple of years now. I followed the advice of a friend who told me to "plant all your King Parsley seeds, surround them with all of the likes and never want for Amber again". I did not believe them at the time, but I am living proof they were 100% correct. I have crafted all the spells I need on my wizard and my other 5 wizards. At the moment I have about 35 pieces of amber. Still collecting it. It is turquoise that I am trying to acquire now. Which you can get out of most of the silver chests in Azteca - the Zocolo and Three Points btw. So please, anyone looking for amber, look no further than King Parsley. You do not need crowns to buy them. Find out who drops these seeds and start small. With only 1-4 KP plants, you will soon have all you need. Also, when you are growing King Parsley, you will get harvest of Ultra King Parsley which will drop amber at regular harvests, not just elder. Trust in this.

Autumn Wild Heart

Defender
Jun 23, 2016
Since you seem to have your answer. I was going to say check the Wizard101Central discussion on Amber.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
I agree with the gardening, and I myself have been gardening many sorts of plants for a long time. King parsley is the way to go if you want amber, which drop at elder. You could also get Ultra King Parsely from them and other bosses. Good Luck