Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What school flourishes later on?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 01, 2012
I know this question gets asked time and time again, but here we go again.

What school do you believe is best late game?

What school really is worth the wait, so to speak, and flourishes at high levels.
This may include soloing, teaming up, stats, buffs, and overall fun to play.

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
TheAlexanderLionHe... on Nov 16, 2016 wrote:

What school really is worth the wait, so to speak, and flourishes at high levels.
I'd have to say Balance for sure.

Starting out, balance has some great spells like balance blade, sandstorm as well as their triple shields.

Mid-game balance begins to get a larger variety of spells that touch upon aspects of different schools, healing over times based on the life school , trap setting similar to the death school , and spells that hit multiple times like the myth school .

Nearing end-game balance really begins to become dangerous, learning spells such as mana burn and supernova, which really enforce that idea of "changing the battle" which balance is so famous for.

At max level, balance is fairly well-rounded and their gear allows them to have fairly decent damage and critical. As well, their shadow spells are almost a combination of everything learned from adept to grandmaster. Having a balance on any team is not usually regretted.

I mostly play my life because I love healing and keeping my team alive, but my balance wizard (who also happened to be my first max wizard ever!) will always have a special place in my heart.

Not to mention LOREMASTER. Goodness, I get messed up with that all the time

See you in the game.

Nathan GreenEyes 110 PvP Commander Main

Nathan GreenEyes 110 First Max

Ryan HexPyre 104 Always dying

Blaine SilverBlood 30 (Blaine, you still alive bro? o.o)

Survivor
Oct 24, 2015
TheAlexanderLionHe... on Nov 16, 2016 wrote:

I was thinking about storm because it performs so well at end game but has to deal with lots of fizzle and low health early game which can lead to some unlucky solo experience until you get accuracy gear. Once you get waterworks gear at 60 this gets a lot better though.

However, my pick would be balance. I would say it's the hardest school to level solo since it's blades aren't as good, requiring more set up when solo. They can have a hard time dealing with balance enemies since they get no prisms. It's more of a support school that works best in groups with it's unique blades, traps, and readily available reshuffles. For these reasons I would say that balance flourishes the most at high levels. That's where the group content they excel at is located.

Explorer
Nov 05, 2011
Well it really depends, I haven't played all classes till the end but I'm a little 96 Ice wizard and once you get your Frost Giant and Snow Angel it becomes easier. Also you will have to do WinterTusk as an ice, I did it early (I did it around the late middle of dragonspyre and it made me super over leveled but I had help. Overall if you want to have a strong class later on, Ice is a good choice. We have high health and low damage isn't an issue with good gear, enchantments and using blades in battle. We become pretty op later in game. Persistence is key~

-Amber HawkSong Lvl 96

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Well, I'd have to say and according to the 'polls' most are in agreement.
is a force to be reckon with later in the game, as someone mentioned earlier, with the efficient Enchantments on your spells, you'll have a somewhat "lovely" time questing. By far one of the easiest school to use in terms of soloing the later worlds, you'll never die.
Snow Angel, being one of my all time favorite spells up to this day was and will always will be a blessing for .
By the way, we dominate PvP too, but that's another story haha.

Point is, combined with proper gear, solid pet and solid enchantments, you'll even surprise yourself with the amount of hits you can take and the amount you can of course, dish back!

Just Be Patient With The School

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Life and possibly ice. Mainly because they can't some pretty sweet damage spells.

Survivor
Aug 04, 2009