Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best Way To Use Training Points?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 24, 2015
Im a level 48 Ice Wizard. I have about 13 training points since I haven't spent any yet. Whats the best way to use them as a Master Thamaturge? I'm about to enter Dragonspyre (I did tons of side quests).

Survivor
Oct 09, 2016
Kullen NightRider on Nov 12, 2016 wrote:
Im a level 48 Ice Wizard. I have about 13 training points since I haven't spent any yet. Whats the best way to use them as a Master Thamaturge? I'm about to enter Dragonspyre (I did tons of side quests).
I would suggest getting Feint and Satyr. Other training points I would save to get some enchants (such as giant, etc) and auras (such as fortify, etc) from the sun and star school (in Celestia).

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Do NOT train Life to Satyr, unless you have a Life mastery amulet. It takes too many pips for an off-school spell to heal.

Train Life to Fairy/Pixie (I also carry lots of Fairy TC, too)

Train Death to get FEINT

Do not purchase everything you see with your points (Sun/Star/Moon schools). Pick and choose based on what you will need. As you level higher, you will be needing INFALLIBLE, possibly FORTIFY. Some of the astral schools require you to train the lowest to the highest to get what spell you really want, which is why you want to be careful on what you REALLY need!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Kullen NightRider on Nov 12, 2016 wrote:
First off, let me commend you for doing sides and getting such an high level! Very nice.

You're at the level when people are just starting Celestia (same people begging for help)

Anyways, I'd highly suggest training life up to Satyr
And then death up to Feint.

Also, train the school for it's spells such as Giant, Monstrous etc

Also, train the school for Amplify, Fortify. (Don't learn useless auras)

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
I think it greatly depends on what you're looking for. For example, PvP players usually spend their training points differently than PvE players do. Since I assist many wizards through the storyline, I like to spend mine on buffs/healing/and other things that would make helping easier for me.

Assuming that you're asking for general questing purposes, I would recommend:
  • Elemental Blade
  • Death up to Feint
  • Elemental Trap
  • Life up to Satyr
  • Possibly Reshuffle

When you get to Celestia, I would also recommend you train all the damage enchants (strong, giant, monstrous, etc...). They make a huge difference.

~Vanessa Mythdust