Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I can't take Darkmoor anymore.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 19, 2008
I am so close to quitting this game because of Darkmoor. I HAVE DONE IT SO MANY TIMES AND I HAVE ONLY GOTTEN THE HOOD ON MY STORM CHARACTER. I have literally done it over 50 times. I'm getting so stressed, they need to really update the drops. Please help and or fix. (if you would like to help me, we can do a darkmoor run together and hopefully i get lucky.)

Survivor
May 16, 2014
Hey Luis,

I'm sorry to hear that the Darkmoor drop rate is not advancing further for you. Unfortunately, KingsIsle will not update the drop rate to my knowledge anytime soon. You'll just have to keep trying.

If you have any further questions, feel free to contact me. Otherwise, cast on Wizard!

Sincerely, Bra'kym'tra the Goliath.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Luis StormRider993 on Nov 11, 2016 wrote:
I am so close to quitting this game because of Darkmoor. I HAVE DONE IT SO MANY TIMES AND I HAVE ONLY GOTTEN THE HOOD ON MY STORM CHARACTER. I have literally done it over 50 times. I'm getting so stressed, they need to really update the drops. Please help and or fix. (if you would like to help me, we can do a darkmoor run together and hopefully i get lucky.)
Yes they should honestly update the drops being a 50% chance to get at least one thing.

Explorer
Feb 12, 2012
Just don't stress about it honestly. Yeah sure, it's the best gear in the game currently but there is gear that is almost just as good. Just a reminder that there is always a chest at the end of every game, so if you have any crowns you can use them to get a whole bunch of items. I got my boots by using the crowns chest. So if you don't want to go through another run of Darkmoor, I suggest that. But don't worry!! Just be patient, maybe the next run of Darkmoor you complete you will earn another piece of gear? It's just an extremely small drop rate because it's the best gear!

Survivor
Jun 08, 2016
I honestly feel your pain on fire I did Darkmoor 20 times to get my gear and now I'm on my ice and its a pain to get anything to prepare him for Mirage to PLEASE KINGSISLE RESPOND TO THIS PLEASE SAVE THE PLAYERS

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Wow,

Apologizes for this experiences you all are going through.

Funny, it seems as we increases in levels and the dungeons gets more difficult tied in with the gear we really need, the drop rates decrease. None of us had this much trouble with Waterworks for example.

Survivor
May 14, 2015
Yeah, I gave up farming Graveyard because I didn't get a single piece of storm gear, yet I got the Dragon Maw staff twice...

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
Luis StormRider993 on Nov 11, 2016 wrote:
Sorry to hear about your problem. But really all I can say is keep trying. I also did Darkmoor so many times and only got the wand. I got so fed up of it that I decided to go with some other gear. Maybe you can do the same, but it's up to you if you just want to keep trying or just go with some other gear completely. Keep trying, you never know when your luck will change.
- Shelby Nightbreeze level 116 wizard

Survivor
Jul 26, 2011
I must've been VERY lucky then. Only ever been through Darkmoor once and I got both hat AND robe for my death wizard. I wish you good luck though!

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
They nerfed this dungeon twice, so at least there is that. A coordinated team can do it in about 35 minutes.

Sadly, some wizards have worse luck than others and if you really want the gear you just need to keep at it. What I find helps me personally is I do not spam farm it, I will do no more than 3 runs in any given day and that's it. Actually I will put a limit on most dungeons I do as to the number of times at one go.

Defender
Nov 05, 2010
Eden WaterBreeze on Dec 27, 2016 wrote:
I must've been VERY lucky then. Only ever been through Darkmoor once and I got both hat AND robe for my death wizard. I wish you good luck though!
You're no lucky, the 3 others I originally did darkmoor with all got gear, I got the robe and three runs later I had the whole set, idk about the others though. I recently helped 2 of my friends through darkmoor and they both got gear I did it again with one of them, and guess what? Another drop.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Getting the drops you want can be a big pain but what I hate the most is having a unreliable team to farm graveyard for Malistaire's gear. More than half the time someone flees after the first battle. It doesn't only mess up the team, It's very irritating. I'm about ready to give up darkmoor thinking it's a waste of my time because of it. No one said its easy as ice-cream and cake. Why do people need to wimp out just because battles don't go perfectly as plan and some may get defeated once or twice. Can someone please tell me when is the best time to have a reliable team to the end?

Defender
Dec 31, 2010
Fractures on Dec 27, 2016 wrote:
Yeah, I gave up farming Graveyard because I didn't get a single piece of storm gear, yet I got the Dragon Maw staff twice...
Same. I managed to get to 117 without any of the gear, and i don't even use that staff. The gear is amazing but it's not worth that much time or effort.

Survivor
May 14, 2010
I find the grinding so annoying too :/. Normally I give up after a few tries

Survivor
Oct 22, 2011
Patrick Ravenbane on Jan 16, 2017 wrote:
Getting the drops you want can be a big pain but what I hate the most is having a unreliable team to farm graveyard for Malistaire's gear. More than half the time someone flees after the first battle. It doesn't only mess up the team, It's very irritating. I'm about ready to give up darkmoor thinking it's a waste of my time because of it. No one said its easy as ice-cream and cake. Why do people need to wimp out just because battles don't go perfectly as plan and some may get defeated once or twice. Can someone please tell me when is the best time to have a reliable team to the end?
Some people only go FOR that first boss. There's a particular athame it drops that's really good. Either way, I know the feeling. It may not have taken me as many (complete) runs to get my gear, but it WAS frustrating having people disappear/leave us at crucial times. Well, my fire wizard (finally) got something he was looking for after 30+ failed attempts, so if I ever come back there, it's for a full run since he has everything. That or if I can get my balance wizard to 100, maybe I can help you with her instead.

Valerian Redeyes, level 118
Mackenzie Pearlbreeze, level 94
Christopher Emeraldcatcher, level 84
Alexander Goldenheart, level 75
Cassandra Shadowdreamer, level 72

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
SSMJ1039 on Jan 27, 2017 wrote:
Some people only go FOR that first boss. There's a particular athame it drops that's really good. Either way, I know the feeling. It may not have taken me as many (complete) runs to get my gear, but it WAS frustrating having people disappear/leave us at crucial times. Well, my fire wizard (finally) got something he was looking for after 30+ failed attempts, so if I ever come back there, it's for a full run since he has everything. That or if I can get my balance wizard to 100, maybe I can help you with her instead.

Valerian Redeyes, level 118
Mackenzie Pearlbreeze, level 94
Christopher Emeraldcatcher, level 84
Alexander Goldenheart, level 75
Cassandra Shadowdreamer, level 72
thank for for the info. I finally got all the gear i'm look for. I don't think I'm going back there for a very long time. lol