Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance wizard is struggling

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 04, 2009
So I have a level 45 wizard and I am I guess one third of the way through DS but at the cost of crowns for henchmen do to the fact that I would be defeated otherwise, if I could team up with other people I would but my job makes that all most impossible and I'm stuck on the labyrinth
So my question is, should I just level him to fifty so I can use the boost potion or is there a way to solo without henchmen?

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
I'm guessing your gear isn't the best. I suggest running through Mount Olympus or Barkingham Palace a few times to try and improve your damage and resistance with better gear. Maybe raise a pet and hope for fairy. Gold bought gear just doesn't cut it, but you can do this. Balance can be very powerful when it wants to be. Good Luck
Amber

Explorer
Apr 04, 2009
AmberRavenSong7 on Nov 9, 2016 wrote:
I'm guessing your gear isn't the best. I suggest running through Mount Olympus or Barkingham Palace a few times to try and improve your damage and resistance with better gear. Maybe raise a pet and hope for fairy. Gold bought gear just doesn't cut it, but you can do this. Balance can be very powerful when it wants to be. Good Luck
Amber
That's actually one of the things I still have trouble with, how can you know if something is better or what is good for your class? A few years ago I had bought crowns gear that give a few bonuses and a card and I have stuck with them

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
I play a max Balance wizard. Dragonspyre was possible to solo, up to and including Malistaire in the final battle.

Here are some tips:
1. If you haven't yet done so, complete all the Zeke quests for training points.
2. Train Death spells through Feint. If you have leftover points, train Ice spells through Tower Shield. You can probably get away without Life -- you'll soon have Helping Hands to heal others.
3. Before each boss encounter, take note of the boss's school. Make sure you pack several shields that work against that school. Elemental or Spirit Shield are good, but the 70% dual shields from Death and Ice are better in most situations.
4. Go back to Mooshu and complete side quests for experience to get a few more levels. Once you're level 50, buy a Jewel of the Feint in the Bazaar. This stacks with the Feint spell for roughly triple damage. A full pips Judgment cast on an enemy with both feints will hit for around 2100 damage, plus gear bonus. Full power pips boosts this to 4200. Add a Balance Blade and a Feint to this and you get in the neighborhood of 7000 damage.
5. Gear at your level should be granting Accuracy and Damage, and probably some Power Pips. As others have mentioned, the Aquila senator gear really shines until you can get into Waterworks.

Survivor
Oct 19, 2013
I am having similar issues. What gear should I have for a level 44 balance (give or take a few levels). Also if the gear costs crowns could you include that? Are there any specific places that I could farm for gear around my level. I have searched the bazaar for gear and haven't found anything all that great. Thanks!

Explorer
Apr 04, 2009
*sigh* finally beat dragonslayer but at the cost of crowns for minions, now I have to wonder if I'm ready for celestia, I am almost level 50

Defender
Jun 23, 2016
XxCaitypaigexX on Nov 16, 2016 wrote:
I am having similar issues. What gear should I have for a level 44 balance (give or take a few levels). Also if the gear costs crowns could you include that? Are there any specific places that I could farm for gear around my level. I have searched the bazaar for gear and haven't found anything all that great. Thanks!
What I did was locate the Balance Crafting Trainer for Armor and crafted custom armor to help me with Dragonspyre. So while I did not have to use Crowns I did have to use gold to get some of the regents, but that has helped me greatly with Dragonspyre.

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
XxCaitypaigexX on Nov 16, 2016 wrote:
Do the Mount Olympus dungeon in Aquila a few times with some partners. The gear you get there will last through level 60 (replace with Waterworks or Wintertusk crafted gear).

Aquila gets you a +10% damage wand that grants a power pip at the start of a duel. Every run through Mount Olympus will get you one of these. It will last through level 100 (Darkmoor).

Ring and Athame can actually be bought in the bazaar. Just go for whatever gets you the most power pips to fuel your Judgment hits.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Hope you're finding things a little better now though. Balance can be very technical to play, especially solo, but once you get the hang of it, you'll see that the school isn't so bad within the earlier levels.

Stick with it as it'll become one of the most deadliest schools in the latter levels of the game.

Good Luck!

Survivor
May 15, 2015
Im posting super l8, but if you still have trouble with worlds, the bazaar is super usfull, farm loremaster for lore, and take all the other advice you got, happy questing!

Survivor
Apr 08, 2012
hatter999. on Nov 9, 2016 wrote:
So I have a level 45 wizard and I am I guess one third of the way through DS but at the cost of crowns for henchmen do to the fact that I would be defeated otherwise, if I could team up with other people I would but my job makes that all most impossible and I'm stuck on the labyrinth
So my question is, should I just level him to fifty so I can use the boost potion or is there a way to solo without henchmen?
Hey there. I have a balance wizard too and I've finished Dragonspyre easily. At times, I did have a questing partner. However, I can give you some advice. I suggest you upgrade your gear, try and get some universal resist and high damage and accuracy for balance. Next, customize your deck and include treasure cards. I suggest going to the bazaar and purchasing some balance treasure cards. If you have a high power pip chance (around %60+), I suggest you purchase Chimera or Ra treasure cards. Even purchasing astral cards such as Amplify and any sun school buff's will be useful. Lets say if you have a storm boss for example, you should put some elemental dispels and elemental shields. Now, this depends on crowns. I suggest buying a good pet from the crown shop would be useful. One that may give a card, go to the pet pavilion and train it. When it is a specific stage, it may start to heal you in battle. My last tip of advice is a questing partner. The balance school isn't exactly known for storm alike attacks but you can still be prepared and deal mass damage. The only thing is, you don't do the mass damage. Getting a friend to help you as a great idea, I would suggest a friend that is from an attacking school such as Storm, Death or Fire. They may come in handy when battles get tough.

Anyways, good luck in your questing, I hope this helped!

Nicholas SkullBlade

Level 58
Wizard101 Veteran