Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How solo able is Azteca for an casual player?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 16, 2015
Heyyy! I'm finishing Avalon soon and wanted to know (for a causal player) how able are you to solo the whole world (with the exceptions for difficult dungeons, of course) and is there a certain type of gear/spells you need? Thanks in advance.

Survivor
Jul 10, 2015
This is my first time soloing this and I'm judging it's your too. Perhaps this is just for me but dungeons are very difficult - and this is coming from someone who soloed Jabberwock. Your shields are now flawed with secondary schools and there is pressure for mass prisms. Not to mention how quickly things would go if a questing buddy could help you drag more enemies in.

However for a school such as storm, ice, death or even life, I'd say it's reasonably easy to solo

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I soloed with Fire very easily. On my Balance it took longer (her spells were weaker), but her high healing and defenses meant she got through okay and only needed help from a friend on the final dungeon. My Storm is about 2/3 through and doing okay soloing so far. Out of the three, I'd say she's having the hardest time so far.

Still, if a Storm can manage to solo Azteca, then a Life wizard will probably do just fine.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven, 112
Rowan Ashcloud, 110
Sierra Stormcaller, 91

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Well. In comparison to Avalon, the world is of course, indeed longer. A few things you should keep in mind though:

• Lots more defeat and collect quests
  • Mobs/Bosses critical more frequently as opposed to those in Avalon
  • Questing is much more easier with a partner
  • Mobs drop rate for collecting a specific item is lower than those in Avalon
  • Lots of experience
  • Side Quests are worth doing
  • Won't say the world is easy to solo (as in, no henchmen assistance), you will have challenges.
  • A solid pet (Healing/Resistance) will be very useful

All The Best!

Explorer
May 08, 2010
Not terrible at all, I've quested with a friend up-to mangrove marsh and then after that he quit and I was on my own since, now in Tierra I think, I've tagged along with a few people on a few bosses, but for the most part, I usually just solo. I'm a storm of course so it's fun but I'd suggest looking on the w101 Wikipedia to see if they have any cheats/mastery which is what I did for a life boss that could use efreet which confused me (no cheats) and was able to counter nearly everything and finish (with some luck of healing currents ofc) But eh, maybe on myth balance it may be harder, but it's not nearly as bad as people make it out to be (conviction TC can save a life along with shields and prisms, and you may invest in something besides Waterworks gear.)