Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Shadow Spell Enchant

AuthorMessage
Squire
Oct 29, 2011
It isn't much like me to think of something like this and I am not one for game creative thinking. What if the new spells were similar to the sun school but instead you enchant with shadow. Obviously I can't come up with names but I can come up with what the spells do. It could be side training obelisks or maybe taught from a teacher.

1st spell: The enchant requires you the use of a shadow pip. Turns the spell into an aoe.

2nd spell: 500 damage enchant but requires a shadow pip. (a far in the future idea would be eventually at some level you would have the chance of getting this spell at a higher level without the use of a shadow pip)

3rd spell: this is a little far-fetched but maybe they could add a shadow enchant spell that is similar to elucidate.

Those are my ideas so far and maybe everyone else can post below their types of ideas. If I have any more I will post down below.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
These are pretty good ideas. It would allow schools like life to have the option for a low pip AoE. In terms of elucidate. I can see simplify making the enhanced spell cost 1 shadow pip. Elucidate should make it require 2 shadow pips.

As for other ideas.

Triplicate: Changes a cleanse/removal spell from remove one to remove 3. Costs a shadow pip. Example Cleanse charm changes from cleanse one charm to cleanse 3 charms. Pierce changes from remove 1 to remove 3 shields.

Magnify: Triple the health of a minion. Requires shadow pip.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
frostednutella on Nov 3, 2016 wrote:
It isn't much like me to think of something like this and I am not one for game creative thinking. What if the new spells were similar to the sun school but instead you enchant with shadow. Obviously I can't come up with names but I can come up with what the spells do. It could be side training obelisks or maybe taught from a teacher.

1st spell: The enchant requires you the use of a shadow pip. Turns the spell into an aoe.

2nd spell: 500 damage enchant but requires a shadow pip. (a far in the future idea would be eventually at some level you would have the chance of getting this spell at a higher level without the use of a shadow pip)

3rd spell: this is a little far-fetched but maybe they could add a shadow enchant spell that is similar to elucidate.

Those are my ideas so far and maybe everyone else can post below their types of ideas. If I have any more I will post down below.
1) While not against a single-->AoE or AoE-->single enchantment, I think one could easily be shown to be OP. However, if once enchanted, it couldn't have, say, an Epic layered onto it: then I'm all for an idea like this. They could make about 4 spells for this. 1 that turns a single hit to AoE, 1 that turns AoE to single hit, 1 that turns single ally to all allies, and 1 that turns all allies to single ally. Maybe have it from Qyburn as or Velma as , or maybe from a hidden trainer in Mirage or a later world.

2) I think this will just come in time with the damage-enchant progression, and a -pip seems a bit steep when you can just blade again to deal a lot more than 500 for 0 pips.

3) I love the idea of Simplify and Elucidate being implemented as learnable spells (most likely from Qyburn), but while I'm not sure if it's what you meant, it gave me an idea. Two new spells called Rationalize/Rationalise and Enigmatize/Enigmatise or something along those lines. Rationalise would -1 pip and +3 pips to target spell. Making Shrike 3 pips, or Glowbug 8 pips. And Enigmatise would +1 pip and -3 pips to target spell. Making Shrike 2 pips, or Glowbug 2+2 pips. Of course these could be changed to +/- 4 pips instead, or have a gradually improving chain form Velma. And I don't think these could be used on X-pip spells because they'd mess with the basic mechanics of X-pip spells, and that you couldn't for instance use either on a Scarab to gain a for 4 pips, or 2 pips from a pip.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Blaze Sandblade on Nov 4, 2016 wrote:
1) While not against a single-->AoE or AoE-->single enchantment, I think one could easily be shown to be OP. However, if once enchanted, it couldn't have, say, an Epic layered onto it: then I'm all for an idea like this. They could make about 4 spells for this. 1 that turns a single hit to AoE, 1 that turns AoE to single hit, 1 that turns single ally to all allies, and 1 that turns all allies to single ally. Maybe have it from Qyburn as or Velma as , or maybe from a hidden trainer in Mirage or a later world.

2) I think this will just come in time with the damage-enchant progression, and a -pip seems a bit steep when you can just blade again to deal a lot more than 500 for 0 pips.

3) I love the idea of Simplify and Elucidate being implemented as learnable spells (most likely from Qyburn), but while I'm not sure if it's what you meant, it gave me an idea. Two new spells called Rationalize/Rationalise and Enigmatize/Enigmatise or something along those lines. Rationalise would -1 pip and +3 pips to target spell. Making Shrike 3 pips, or Glowbug 8 pips. And Enigmatise would +1 pip and -3 pips to target spell. Making Shrike 2 pips, or Glowbug 2+2 pips. Of course these could be changed to +/- 4 pips instead, or have a gradually improving chain form Velma. And I don't think these could be used on X-pip spells because they'd mess with the basic mechanics of X-pip spells, and that you couldn't for instance use either on a Scarab to gain a for 4 pips, or 2 pips from a pip.
Shadow enchantments would act like normal enchantments and only allow one type of enchantment per card. Also, I like all of the other ideas so far!